• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

When does Bouchard play ? I'm hoping she can get back on track and finish the year strong after all the struggles she's been having.

Me also,tomorrow against the french Mladenovic K...

Watching Sharapova /Kanepi now...those Kanepi socks,damn...

EDIT: its not even socks,its like ankle/calves warmers,almost up to her knees,bright orange. ;)

Switching to MonFils at times also...its cool to have the week off.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I really wonder what Rafa has up his sleeve this time cause I don't really see him getting the title otherwise

Peru

I wish it wasn't. Five sets. The first week.

Judging by twitter reports Kyrgios has managed to complain about just about ever thing possible so far in this match.

‏@tumcarayol 36s36 seconds ago Albacete, Castilla-La Mancha
While packing up his bags, Kyrgios says "Worst Grand Slam match (or win?) ever, I've ever played. So shit." He won 6-3 6-4 6-3.

LuuKyK

I wouldn't be surprised if Maria decides not to play her next match. She looked like she was about to faint on court. Too bad. :(

mcfrank

I wish it wasn't. Five sets. The first week.

Judging by twitter reports Kyrgios has managed to complain about just about ever thing possible so far in this match.

I love 5 sets in the first week. That's what makes it special.

LuuKyK

So this just happened after Pironkova beat Strycova:

3oEduKpne5MJYQDvbi.gif

Wtf.

Holy fuck somebody gets these fans and crowd under control. Disgusting.

And for all that has ever been holy, I would rather gauge my eyes out than watch Francis Tiafoe "play" tennis. Ugly game, horrible strokes, just disgusting. He epitomizes everything wrong with tennis and maybe it's future....

Holy fuck somebody gets these fans and crowd under control. Disgusting.

And for all that has ever been holy, I would rather gauge my eyes out than watch Francis Tiafoe "play" tennis. Ugly game, horrible strokes, just disgusting. He epitomizes everything wrong with tennis and maybe it's future....

He didn't play on a show court did he? And yeah his attitude is horrible. He smashes his racket after almost every match win or lose.

T.Kokkinakis
v
B.Tomic [27]

Only the second round :(

At least an Aussie progresses either way

The anti-hover hand. Let her know you're there

With the timing of that photo she could keep that memory for ever - "hey look at her expression, that's right when I clenched down on her ass!". Priceless.

Ricker

Damnit,thought Kvitova would lose there for a while,that probably would of boosted Bouchard up for her match later today lol...but she won.

Venus lost yesterday to fellow American Stephens.

MIMIC

Banned
lol,why...?

Her game is just so ugly to watch. She does nothing but defend. And when she has an opportunity to go on offense, she barely even hits the ball. She just loops it up and gives herself extreme margins. Her game is just based on outlasting her opponent.

LuuKyK

Seriously, Wozniacki does nothing all match. She just pushes ball back with no intention. Its extremely boring to watch.

MIMIC

Banned
If Nadal wins RG this year, then tennis just needs to be fucking cancelled. He is simply just not playing good enough to win a major, PERIOD. Even on clay.

raven777

If Nadal wins RG this year, then tennis just needs to be fucking cancelled. He is simply just not playing good enough to win a major, PERIOD. Even on clay.

Isn't he in terrible form this season? I highly doubt he will even get close this year.....even if it's RG.

Did he even win any clay titles this season?

MIMIC

Banned
Isn't he in terrible form this season? I highly doubt he will even get close this year.....even if it's RG.

Did he even win any clay titles this season?

He won a small clay tournament earlier this year. But it's the first time he has gone into RG with just 1 small clay title.

Diamond

More than any other, Rafa's playstyle requires a 100% physical commitment at all times, and even if today, athletes manage to be fit further and further into their careers, like szaromir I think it's just natural to see him decline at one point. Even in his early twenties he didn't manage to be at his best during a whole season. That doesn't mean he won't win big tournaments again before his retirement, but we'll definitely see more and more "bad" days for him, just like it happened with Federer starting in 2010. These guys aren't machines.

scarlet

More than any other, Rafa's playstyle requires a 100% physical commitment at all times, and even if today, athletes manage to be fit further and further into their careers, like szaromir I think it's just natural to see him decline at one point. Even in his early twenties he didn't manage to be at his best during a whole season. That doesn't mean he won't win big tournaments again before his retirement, but we'll definitely see more and more "bad" days for him, just like it happened with Federer starting in 2010. These guys aren't machines.

Sometimes people forget that athletes are human and they're aging.

Expecting Fed to play like his twenties is ridiculous. "LOL olderer, losing to Nole/Rafa/Andy/Nobody just retired blah blah"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom