• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
seriously speaking, i hope murray can at least play a competitive match and not get bageled in the final set. at least end his clay run with some dignity. good news is that i might not be at home so if it's a complete embarrassment i don't have to watch.

Criticizing is not what I am talking about. Criticize away. Serena has had plenty of moments of questionable conduct (as many athletes do).

Hating/despising someone over it is another thing. Especially when we have no way of knowing how they actually felt.

Well said.
I always find it specious how telepathic sports fans claim to be sometimes.
Twitter exacerbates the extreme negativity and it's often a race to the bottom to say the most outlandish thing, but yeah, it'd be refreshing if a little more leeway was given.

Hoping that Tsonga/Wawrinka delivers 5 sets.
I have less hope for Murray/Djokovic, styles make fights and those two make for the least interesting matchup of the big 4.
If Murray gets a set, that'll do.

Tsonga/Djokovic is my preferred outcome but I'd be ok with any of the 4 winning.
Will be nice to get a first time French Open champion.

scarlet

Well said.
I always find it specious how telepathic sports fans claim to be sometimes.
Twitter exacerbates the extreme negativity and it's often a race to the bottom to say the most outlandish thing, but yeah, it'd be refreshing if a little more leeway was given.

Hoping that Tsonga/Wawrinka delivers 5 sets.
I have less hope for Murray/Djokovic, styles make fights and those two make for the least interesting matchup of the big 4.
If Murray gets a set, that'll do.

Tsonga/Djokovic is my preferred outcome but I'd be ok with any of the 4 winning.
Will be nice to get a first time French Open champion.

My preferred outcome

1. Stan/Tsonga
2. Nole
3. Andy

But I think Stan has better chance against Nole/Andy.

douchebag escapes taxes and brags about it
And people cheer for him, but the rest of the time they complain about the government because they can't fix France's debts

The fucking irony.

Pacbois

doesn't every french player live here (in Switzerland)?

Yeah, or Monaco.

I mean, dodging taxes is shitty but it's sadly common in France with celebrities and sport personalities so whatever.

I sort of like Tsonga, he seems like a good dude but his constant flopping is annoying.

I mean, dodging taxes is shitty but it's sadly common in France with celebrities and sport personalities so whatever.

i think it's pretty common with all rich guys that travel around no?

Djokovic lives in Monaco, Federer lives in the most tax friendly place in Switzerland,

Pacbois

I guess because of the large cash prises, the best players in the circuit are all living in tax friendly places (or have really good accountants).

Yeah, or Monaco.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga,Gael Monfils,Gilles Simon,Julien Benneteau and Richard Gasquet all live in Switzerland. (France taxes those living in Monaco)

Novak Djokovic, Petra Kvitova, Tomas Berdych, Lucie Safarova, Raonic, Wozniacki, Dimitrov, Alexandr Dolgopolov all live in Monaco.

Sharapova, the Williamses etc. live in Florida which has no income tax.

I guess because of the large cash prises, the best players in the circuit are all living in tax friendly places (or have really good accountants).

That's not a good excuse
There is actually no good excuse for dodging taxes. And "everybody else does it" isn't one either.

Pacbois

That's not a good excuse
There is actually no good excuse for dodging taxes. And "everybody else does it" isn't one either.

I'm not giving them my blessing, it's just that for me it's more of an afterthought, because overall, it's not really Tsonga's fault, Tax dodging had been around for AGES, he's not the first one and won't be the last.

Pacbois

Not surprised, considering how Stan destroyed Fed and how Tsonga almost did the choke of the tournament against Nishikori, I expected Stan to destroy Jo.

I do like that Wawrinka is essentially wearing beach/swimming shorts!

EDIT - Mistake there gives Tsonga the break back. He played two fantastic shots in a row just before as well.

Pacbois

RG0BS1U.gif

SSPssp

Sharapova, the Williamses etc. live in Florida which has no income tax.

1. This is stupid, if they wanted to avoid taxes, they wouldn't live in the USA at all. State taxes are deductible as well, so it doesn't make as big of a difference as you might think.

2. Its not like they all lived and trained in Florida at the tennis academies for years there growing up. Especially in the case of Sharapova, who isn't American. She grew up there, this is ridiculous to think that.

Grep

Banned
And Wawrinka with this midget mental level is supposed to win RG?

Tsonga is definitely worse player then him, but Stan's head is a problem here.

Koren

Tsonga is a dick in many ways, good guy image is fraud, hope the dude never wins a slam.
I wouldn't say he's a dick, but I didn't like the protests against the crowd during the Davis Cup finals... (and besides, I don't know how they managed to do it, but I think there was more swiss supporters than french ones during his match agains Wawrinka...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom