• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Mladenovic will win a Slam this year... in mixed doubles. But she might beat her 3R record at slam singles.

LuuKyK

LuuKyK post if you're ok

What. lol

About Genie? If she doesn't care about her year why would I? She clearly is going through a slump and I am not expecting her to win anything until next year at least. I mean, again, even her coach said that so who am I to disagree? :p

szaromir

Banned
OK, now you're just making up things. Nobody was "crying" that Djokovic gets tough draws. I WELCOME a tough draw for Novak because he has the ability to come through; he earns his majors. He doesn't need someone to knock out his toughest opponent in order to win something. Never has, never will.

And Nieminen being "well past his prime" is so completely and utterly irrelevant and is such a lazy cop out. He's ranked higher than Falla who is younger. So, if super old, super irrelevant, and super wayyyyyyyy past his prime Nieminen is playing better tennis than Falla, what does that say about Falla?

Not to mention that Falla LOST IN QUALIFICATIONS. Federer's opponent couldn't even get into the main draw on his own. His ranking is so poor that he had to play his way into it, and he couldn't even do that.

I think Roger would always choose to play Jarkko over anybody else given that Jarkko has a loooong history of bending over to Roger, although he was taking sets off him in the past.

Falla specifically, although clearly not in form, played two super though matches against Fed on Federer's favorite court, so it's clearly not a comfortable match-up (as it turns out, on grass only).

Personally I love it when unseeded players bring their best to their opening/early round matches even if they're playing against top seeds and my favorite players, I think everybody should step onto court with the intention of winning. I might have been kinda bummed when Seppi ousted Federer at the AO, but at the same time I enjoed his performance and I'd prefer it if all layers were bringing that sort of intensity against top players.

Ricker

What. lol

About Genie? If she doesn't care about her year why would I? She clearly is going through a slump and I am not expecting her to win anything until next year at least. I mean, again, even her coach said that so who am I to disagree? :p

She will lose a lot of points this week,her fall off the top 10 begins. :(

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
What. lol

We're all here for you (>'.')>

Simplet

Amandine Hesse won, Woohoo! That girl is absolutely stunning.

400214amandinehesse6.jpg

gnn.

MIMIC

Banned
I think Roger would always choose to play Jarkko over anybody else given that Jarkko has a loooong history of bending over to Roger, although he was taking sets off him in the past.

Falla specifically, although clearly not in form, played two super though matches against Fed on Federer's favorite court, so it's clearly not a comfortable match-up (as it turns out, on grass only).

Personally I love it when unseeded players bring their best to their opening/early round matches even if they're playing against top seeds and my favorite players, I think everybody should step onto court with the intention of winning. I might have been kinda bummed when Seppi ousted Federer at the AO, but at the same time I enjoed his performance and I'd prefer it if all layers were bringing that sort of intensity against top players.

Falla just gets lucky. Same with Seppi. I don't think either was doing anything in particular to push/beat Federer. It was just one of those days.

Niraj

Hey, not everyone can come back and win every match like you seem to do. Have a little perspective.

MIMIC

Banned
Serena's through. She favored to win, but not many experts are giving her much of a chance.

Anyway, her match with Azarenka should be good. So crazy how they could meet this early.

Glad Rafa confirmed it. He needs to understand that Carlos is trying to do what's best for him, rather than wandering behind the baseline and doubting himself. If only Eugenie had someone looking out for her other than Nike, which may not be for much longer.....

MIMIC

Banned
Glad Rafa confirmed it. He needs to understand that Carlos is trying to do what's best for him, rather than wandering behind the baseline and doubting himself. If only Eugenie had someone looking out for her other than Nike, which may not be for much longer.....

lol

Watching Radwanska get knocked out by Beck was depressing. Her opponent did put up a strong, competitive performance, but to see such a technically superb player regress so much is a shame.

Here's some men's GS records that are on the line at 2015's RG:

Novak Djokovic can became only the fourth Open Era player to complete the Career Grand Slam (after Rod Laver, Andre Agassi, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal) if he wins. He can also take 5th in the Open Era GS champion rankings for himself instead of sharing it with several other players.
Novak Djokovic would also become the first male singles player since Jim Courier in 1992 to win the AO and RG in the same year.
Rafael Nadal can take the Open Era record for "Consecutive wins at any GS" instead of sharing it with Roger Federer, Pete Sampras and Bjorn Borg (all at 5) if he wins.
Rafael Nadal can extend his own all-time records for "Most titles at any single GS" and "Consecutive years with a single GS win" if he wins.
He can also take 2nd in the all-time GS champion rankings for himself instead of sharing it with Pete Sampras if he wins.
Roger Federer can extend his own all-time record for most GS titles to 18 if he wins.
Roger Federer would also become the only player to have won every GS title twice in the Open Era.

And some for the women:

Serena Williams can become the first player since Jennifer Capriati in 2001 to win the AO and RG in the same year if she wins.
She will also become only the second Open Era (after Steffi Graf) and third all-time (after Margaret Court also) to reach at least 20 Grand Slam titles in her career.
She would become the first player to win three consecutive GS titles since she won four in 2002-2003 (the last time it was done by someone else was Martina Hingis in 1997-1998).
Maria Sharapova would become the first player since Justine Henin in 2007 to defend her RG title if she won.

Niraj

Watching Radwanska get knocked out by Beck was depressing. Her opponent did put up a strong, competitive performance, but to see such a technically superb player regress so much is a shame.

I agree, very disappointing. If I remember correctly, I think they said it was her first first round loss at a slam since 2009. Very disappointing year in general for her so far, hopefully she can turn it around with the grass tourneys coming up. And thanks for the rest of that informative post.

scarlet

Serena's through. She favored to win, but not many experts are giving her much of a chance.

Anyway, her match with Azarenka should be good. So crazy how they could meet this early.

Serena on clay is very unpredictable. 3 years ago and last year, she had great clay season, then lost in 1st and 2nd round.

Healthy MaSha is gonna win this.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Had to go away for a few days, missed the Monday and Tuesday matches, came back to Dimitrov's loss.

God is real.

Uzzy

Seeing the word 'retired' next to the result of Lisicki's match had me pissed off for a moment, but then I realised her opponent had retired after Lisicki won the first set 6-1. That's a relief.

She just has to beat Safarova in the 3rd round to set up a possible meeting with Sharapova in the 4th, which should hopefully be a good match.

Ricker

She said and did a lot of dumb things recently but this last one......Fuck that... She's now officialy on my shitlist

https://www.facebook.com/SeoMontreal/videos/10206785311368950/?fref=nf

I am pretty sure this is from last year,it was a pretty dumb thing to say but she explained what she meant after...its funny because she does have a Quebec accent lol...did you read the Journal De Montreal article yesterday...? some journalists here (Rejean Tremblay)love to inflate stuff...

Anyway now that she is gone,I am cheering for Cornet on the womens side,I like her style and it would be nice to see a French win it...

LuuKyK

I am pretty sure this is from last year,it was a pretty dumb thing to say but she explained what she meant after...its funny because she does have a Quebec accent lol...did you read the Journal De Montreal article yesterday...? some journalists here (Rejean Tremblay)love to inflate stuff...

Anyway now that she is gone,I am cheering for Cornet on the womens side,I like her style and it would be nice to see a French win it...

Cornut will lose to Halep. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom