• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

Whats with all the drop shots on the women' side this tourny,jesus...I hate them lol,Bouchard got even more depressed yesterday because of those,Cornet is doing them also now...

Smellycat

AqMBZjS.jpg

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Diamond

Pronostics are always incredibly difficult to do accurately in sports. There are so many illogical things that happen, you can be a great analyst in a given sport a give completely false predictions without being incompetent. Halep is 3rd in the World, 2nd at the Race, went pretty far in big tournaments this year including Rome... And she was finalist last year. Enough to make her a favourite IMO. Didn't work this time.

scarlet

Pronostics are always incredibly difficult to do accurately in sports. There are so many illogical things that happen, you can be a great analyst in a given sport a give completely false predictions without being incompetent. Halep is 3rd in the World, 2nd at the Race, went pretty far in big tournaments this year including Rome... And she was finalist last year. Enough to make her a favourite IMO. Didn't work this time.

But her clay season is underwhelming. How come the experts pick her up over MaSha?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that the women's side is Bo3 rather than Bo5 encourages more upsets too, so I think it's harder to predict.

Rainy Dog

What's happened in the Monfils match? Has he retired?

Showing as Schwartzman as the winner with the score at 6-4, 4-6, 0-1.

Schwartzman is 5ft7? damn he's in the wrong sport

It's definitely tougher for short guys to make a living playing tennis, but there are a few guys who figured it out. Schwartzman being one of them. Olivier Rochus was a top 100 journeyman for years and he was only 5'6". I think he recently retired.

Smellycat

What is up with ESPN's online coverage of the tournament? Freaking sucks. Is there another network showing the matches online too?

For some reason they are streaming the noon sessions, but only 1 match after that. I guess Tennis Channel has the rights to the rest of the matches..

What is up with ESPN's online coverage of the tournament? Freaking sucks. Is there another network showing the matches online too?

For some reason they are streaming the noon sessions, but only 1 match after that. I guess Tennis Channel has the rights to the rest of the matches..

Tennis Channel is streaming it too. You have to log in with a provider, but if you have espn3 access you should have this as well.

I'm impressed by Schwartzman. First time watching him - got a great attitude and consistent depth on his groundstrokes, and has shown good technique to handle Monfils' power, especially at net. I know it's odd to say 22 is young... but with how few breakthrough players under 20 there's been on the men's tour in the last decade it kind of is. If only he was 5-6 inches taller.

ESPN gets the second week of the French if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: grown ass men out here drinking caprisun lol
I want a pacific cooler now:(

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Grigor Dimitrov a dark horse for RG, wut? That's some dark-ass horse, especially as you've not mentioned Monfils who usually plays out of his mind at RG.

How prescient was that? :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Monfils didn't exactly impress anyone with his 5 set win over the #62 player in the world. I don't see Monfils going much further in the tournament now

Did you actually watch that match? IMO it was the highest quality of the tournament so far, Schwartzman was playing out of his mind and Gael was also really good. I mean, given it's Gael that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but he looks in better form than a lot of other players to me.

Jay Sosa

Monfils didn't exactly impress anyone with his 5 set win over the #62 player in the world. I don't see Monfils going much further in the tournament now

That's Monfils for you. For some weird reason he loves to have 5setters against mediocre opponents. But he also always elevates his game against better competition

Any particular reason Ivanovic is wearing what looks like a garbage bag?

Diamond

Extremely pleasant match between Andujar and Kohlschreiber. It's great to be able to see the smaller courts for once.

Peru

If you picked Halep for winner this year it's simply because you like the girl, nothing indicated that in her season so far.

Stosur has recently started showing up in matches vs Maria and is rolling here in Paris so this could be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom