• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros - The 2015 French Open (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you picked Halep for winner this year it's simply because you like the girl, nothing indicated that in her season so far.

Stosur has recently started showing up in matches vs Maria and is rolling here in Paris so this could be dangerous.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: any woman willing to remove her big breasts in order to improve her tennis game deserves all the success in the world. How can I not be a fan of Halep, A woman who made the second most ultimate sacrifice?

I can't believe people are still doubting Rafa at this point. He's going to be a contender here for at least the next five years. Year end number one or two isn't out of the realm of possibility this year.

sam777

I can't believe people are still doubting Rafa at this point. He's going to be a contender here for at least the next five years. Year end number one or two isn't out of the realm of possibility this year.

Is your account like some kind of parody or something lol.

Rafa can actually finish 2nd at the year end rankings though as he pretty much got 0 points in all tournaments after Wimbledon.

Peru

Too many interesting matches going on, but I'll settle with Schiavone - Kuznetsova for now as both have done some amazing things at RG and Schiavone came out firing.. tight so far.

Peru

Made the right choice, nothing to separate them really, 8-8 first set tie break.

edit: 13-11, amazing TB.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If Gasquet beats Berlocq, then GB will have 3 (!!) male players in the top 100 with Edmund sneaking in as #100. Unfortunately, he had to pull out of R2 with an abdominal injury, but his ranking is really rocketing at the moment. Never would have guessed he'd make the top 100 before James Ward, who seems determined to choke his year away after a promising start.

Tomic teaching Kokkinakis a lesson right now, Tomic will climb to #15 in the race if he wins. A good year for Tomic so far, he normally struggles more during the clay season. Kyrgios is breathing right down his neck to give him a bit of momentum; if Kyrgios goes even one round further he'll overtake Tomic as the #1 Australian. Tomic is well ahead in the race though, he's held back by his abysmal 2014 season and at the moment I still think he's a better player overall than Kyrgios.

Smellycat

Wozniacki is out

And Nishikori advances to the 4th after Becker withdrew. I have a feeling we will be seeing him in the SF and further if Federer doesn't make it

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Nishikori doesn't make too far unless Monfils goes out first; he's a nightmare match-up for Monfils. :p Gael just can't cope with players who take their shots that early.

Smellycat

What a choke

Smh Kholschreiber

He lead 4-2 in the fifth set after being down 2 sets to love before play was suspended for the night. Comes back the next day and promptly loses 4 games lol

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If Kohlschreiber wasn't one of the mentally weakest players on tour, he would be a pretty permanent member of the top 16 and maybe even at Berdych/Tsonga "almost there" level. As is...

Smellycat

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

smh Kuz.

LuuKyK

Almost four hours. That was very fun to watch. Schiavone was in tears after winning it. Must have meant a lot for her.

LuuKyK

She is struggling to stay in the top 100, so it could have been her last great match.

Yeah I think this is her last year considering she will probably not qualify for the Olympics next year with Errani, Vinci, Pennetta and Giorgi on top of their games.

szaromir

Banned
I had a surgery yesterday and I'll stay in the hospital until Saturday... Shame there's no Eurosport here to distract me from my suffering a bit. It seems there's a lot of epic matches going on today. :(

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I had a surgery yesterday and I'll stay in the hospital until Saturday... Shame there's no Eurosport here to distract me from my suffering a bit. It seems there's a lot of epic matches going on today. :(

Hope your recovery goes well.

Tomic teaching Kokkinakis a lesson right now, Tomic will climb to #15 in the race if he wins. A good year for Tomic so far, he normally struggles more during the clay season. Kyrgios is breathing right down his neck to give him a bit of momentum; if Kyrgios goes even one round further he'll overtake Tomic as the #1 Australian. Tomic is well ahead in the race though, he's held back by his abysmal 2014 season and at the moment I still think he's a better player overall than Kyrgios.

You jinxed it. I bet Gasquet now loses.

Pacbois

Hahaha, French TV showed Anna Wintour watching Djokovic v Muller. Can't wait for the fashion commentary and how Djoko playing with Uniqlo apparel is a disgrace.

Rafa looked really great. Inducing errors from Almagro with ease. Djokovic called for the trainer.

Szaromir, hope you can still join us in the discussion and your recovery is speedy.

Pacbois

Chardy won the first set against Isner, good match so far. Djoko seems to be bothered by his thigh, he's being massaged on court, dosen't look too serious but it's still worrying.

Also surprised that it's not raining yet, looking from my window (I'm living ~10 km away from RG) and there's a bunch of dark clouds. Looking at my weather app, rain is expected from sunday to tuesday.

[Edit]LOLOL Murray

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Clayray just lost a set to Sousa.

dafuq

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Souza, don't confuse him with his doppelgänger brah. Brah was hitting the shit outta the ball.

I can't work out if you're trolling me or not. I swear it's Sousa, but my confidence is shattered after last month's Sousa-Souza show-down.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It is Sousa, fuck y'all for making me doubt myself like that. ;_;

Pacbois

Djoko won.

[Edit]Souza collapsed, Murray is through but he needs to step up his game. Meanwhile Chardy vs. Isner is really good.

hmm Nadal looking strong, don't think anyone can beat him in the tourney atm

He looked good in Rome until he came up against Murray. I really think Djokovic will take him apart in the QFs. I'll be shocked if he wins it after such a poor clay court season. I think if Djokovic had been on the other side of the draw, I would have fancied Nadal. He basically plays himself into a state of invincibility during the course of the tournament. By the time he reaches the final, he's untouchable. Djokovic getting him in the QFs gives him a big advantage. I think I want Nadal to win, just to see someone win 10 GS titles for the first time. Him or Murray. Though, even though I'm not a massive Djokovic fan, it would be nice for him to get the French Open monkey off his back.

Anyway, c'mon Muzza! get this match over and done with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom