• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wachowski's and James McTeigue might do the Superman reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Dammit. I wish WB just gave the project to me.
I would make the next TDK.

And title it Superman: TWK.
Lex is younger than Superman. Lex is a young billionaire and a boy genius. Also a little insane, believing in the dominance of power above all. But there is one man that has something he can never achieve....

• Lex makes a powersuite MADE OF KRYPTONITE.
  • Lex drops a nuke on metropolis, KILLING EVERYONE.
  • superman and lex fight above the earth's atmosphere
  • Superman releases "Potential" gets angry for the first time ever .
  • Superman nearly kills Lex
  • He let's him live. But lex throws a mountain behind superman's back at superman
  • Superman destroys the mountain with his mere look...
  • Superman breaks Lex's neck
  • Superman jumps into another dimension where metropolis exists but it's called "New York".....
  • Also, no love interests in the movie. Superman is Kryptonian, he's not attracted to women from earth.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Is Keanu holding in his laughter?

Neo-mouth.jpg

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Ether_Snake said:
They must do the origin story, the Wachowskis can do that, anything else = fail.
Urg. Do something, anything other than a freaking origin story. It's not that important to the character, everyone knows it, and there are far better Superman stories out there to tell.

gdt

Seriously. No origin story. We've had one on TV for the last 9 years.

Give me some ass kicking.

And just go ahead and call it New York this time.

There is only one cool super hero and thats batman, because he isnt an super hero.

I say if you are not making batman movies, just let the lame super hero genre die.

DMczaf

Itsintheairtonight said:
There is only one cool super hero and thats batman, because he isnt an super hero.

I say if you are not making batman movies, just let the lame super hero genre die.

I like the cut of your jib, junior.

Sanjuro

This is stupid. They should have just done a "Son of Superman" movie to follow Returns. I really can't see any other way this franchise could succeed besides that.

Veidt

SanjuroTsubaki said:
This is stupid. They should have just done a "Son of Superman" movie to follow Returns. I really can't see any other way this franchise could succeed besides that.

Megan Fox.

Lebron

Give me Darkseid or Doomsday.

If they went the Darkseid route, I would like to see "Legacy" somehow adapted to the big screen. I don't care what people say, I liked that finale.

I heard Megan Fox is going to play Catwoman in Batman 3.
and this is how they will break TDK BO numbers.

Sanjuro

Jibril said:
Megan Fox.
Megan Fox plays a sultry teacher for young Superman's son in Metropolis. She then has an affair with him and the film becomes a statutory rape court room drama.

Nice.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Damn, Routh is pretty huge now

Untitled-1-796434.jpg

Matrix just had a touch of the vapors.

:eek:

Splatt

I think they should base the new movie around Krypto, the super dog. No Superman, just Krypto taking a bite out of crime every day. It would be far more entertaining than the snooze fest called "Superman Returns".

Veidt

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Megan Fox plays a sultry teacher for young Superman's son in Metropolis. She then has an affair with him and the film becomes a statutory rape court room drama.

Nice.
Then she transforms into OCTOWOMAN.

eznark

Banned
Thank God I don't particularly care if Superman gets butchered again. What a miserable failure this movie will be.

I think this is a huge mistake.
Bryan Singer was merely giving superman a foundation again. With that out of the way and a brand new script I think he could make something truly amazing with the next movie. I hope so badly they keep him.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
DMczaf said:
Damn, Routh is pretty huge now

Untitled-1-796434.jpg

Matrix just had a touch of the vapors.
I remember seeing pics of him before Superman Returns and he was the same size. It's a shame Singer had to ruin it because he really is perfect for the role.

Also, the responses to this thread prove why they should reboot. Seems like most people (not just talking about Gaffers) think every Superman story is some lame ass kryptonite and/or Lex Luthor shenanigans.

The character has a solid universe but it's mostly never been explored in any mainstream media.

Chichikov

Ether_Snake said:
I think the Wachowskis can pull it off.

And you can't blame them for Speed Racer's returns; it's fucking Speed Racer. Blame WB for greenlighting it to begin with.
I can totally blame them for Speed Racer, they thought it was a good idea to make that movie, they wrote, produced and directed it; I'm sorry, but it speaks volumes about their judgment and abilities as filmmakers.
And in any case, I can blame them for The Matrices, especially the sequels, probably the worst mainstream movies I have ever seen.

Not that I care that much, Superman is a boring character, and if the Wachowskis are doing it, well, that's one movie I don't need to care about instead of two.

mosaic

go eat paint
Big screen adaptation of Superman vs Doomsday. You don't need to do any setup, we know who Superman is. Just make sure we believe he and Lois are close. And leave Doomsday somewhat mysterious, apart from setting up how badass he is. Yadda yadda... big fights with other DC heroes, get Ray Park in the mix somehow, Metropolis broken to shit, build up to the climactic fight. End with the funeral.

Earn $400 million or more.

Thank you, you can send my $10 million dollar concept money anytime.

Chamber said:
Man, fuck an origin story. Everyone knows where the fuck Superman came from. It's time for him to start kicking ass.

So basically, the Doomsday fight from the fairly recent animation film for 2 hours. I think I would watch that.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
SanjuroTsubaki said:
i like this idea

:/ It will be seen as the 'bookend' of the Richard Donner films...
Much the same way that I see my trip to the bathroom as the "bookend" to the bad meal I ate last night. I honestly can't even think of what if would take to make me feel good about the possibilities of this film.

The problem with Superman movies for a modern audience is that they tend to be a bit too grounded in reality and the real world and Superman is the only sort of unreal character in the stories. Because of that it's very hard to build a good nemesis (Which is why they keep doing Lex stories) even though the comic book is full of them.

Not only that but the movies have conditioned the audience to the idea that Superman is unbeatable by anyone or anything in the universe nearly.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Never even bothered with Superman Returns, but I'd be into this. Yes, the Matrix sequels were pretty much crap, but V and Speed Racer were awesome. I have faith in them.

G-Fex

The thing about Superman Returns is that it wasn't necessary at all. Completely pointless and brought up by far the worst plot device ever.
A SON!??!?
It just wasn't anything at all I nor others wanted. After watching countless JLU episodes and reading All Star Superman, I'm sadly disappointed. No matter though I'm not at all into Supes as I used to be.

Theres an interesting article somewhere that had alot of comicbook writers thoughts on Superman returns. It was pretty spot on.

black_13

Banned
It's not all about the action. So far all they've used in the movies are the generic bad plot of Lex Luther to buy land or something stupid like that.

They seriously need to use the real good stories behind the character. At this point doing the movie Red Sun just in one movie wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I never even bothered seeing Superman Returns. So wasn't interested in seeing a Donner follow-up, as i never liked the original.

A Wachowski interpretation has me interested. It could potentially be a complete trainwreck, but it could also turn out to be something truly great. At the very least we're assured to see something that isn't completely pedestrian film-making.

Messypandas said:
2ex58ck.jpg

That's all we need

I can imagine that working if Cage would be allowed to play Superman as the dick he is (or was, anyway). Seriously, why shouldn't Superman be a total dick?

I never really cared for Deus Ex Machina Superman, and the only way to 'reboot' Superman is to remove him entirely from that basis. Hell, bury him at the end and leave it that.

rezuth said:
The Hulk.

The Incredible Hulk is technically a reboot, but the only parts of the movie that require a significant ret-con from Ang Lee's flick are that

- the 'accident' that created the Hulk resulted in the Hulk murdering several people

- Betty Ross doesn't know that Banner is the Hulk until after he returns from South America

You pretty much have to reboot the franchise to get rid of Superman's kid, what a terrible, irredeemable mistake.

TheOddOne

Spotless Mind said:
I never even bothered seeing Superman Returns. So wasn't interested in seeing a Donner follow-up, as i never liked the original.

A Wachowski interpretation has me interested. It could potentially be a complete trainwreck, but it could also turn out to be something truly great. At the very least we're assured to see something that isn't completely pedestrian film-making.
im6lvd.gif

Veidt

Meus Renaissance said:
I'm not so sure a Superman movie can work.
Superman film can definitely work. But a Superman reboot with Lex..that's a whole different story.

Burger

Fucking 'Reboots'

Superman was already Rebooted, and it was Supershit.

Stop rebooting things. Make a new movie, do something original, think of something cool that you would like to do, instead of thinking you know what everyone wants.

YYZ

They should get the guy from Smallville to play Superman, makes the most sense.

am I doing it right?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Rocketeer will always be better than any Superman movie anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom