• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Marvel have struck a deal with Fox for Fantastic Four film rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyun Sai

Because the only weakness Marvel has right now is the villians. And thats why they needed F4. For Doctor Doom and Galactus.

The only weakness Marvel has right now is the people writing the villains. They have all the potentiel to ruin Doom or Galactus if you ask me.

Dali

Yes. I'm in the minority it seems in that I care more about the Fantastic Four in the MCU than Doom. They are awesome if done right.
They've always been super lame to me. Thing has a stupid name and looks lame. Mr fantastic has the lamest looking power ever. Johnny and Sue are the only cool kids.

kurahador

Please don't cancel Inhumans Please don't cancel Inhumans Please don't cancel Inhumans Please don't cancel Inhumans Please don't cancel Inhumans.

Please get Mads Mikkelson as doom. Hannibal was pretty much doom on TV.
hannibal-6.w529.h352.gif

Cheebo

Banned
Do Den of Geek have a good track record with these kind of reports? Someone check the source before Bobby Roberts yells at us.
Personally I think we need to hold off acting like this is happening. If something this significant was worked out between Fox and Disney a bigger name source like one of the trades or Deadline would be reporting on it. Not Den of Geek and no one else.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I hope it's true just so we can have Spider-Man and Human Torch banter.

Expect the people whining about how X-men should go back to Marvel to increase now that Spidey and FF seem to be back in the Marvel camp.

Nah Fox can keep those right.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Except no one saying that makes any sense at all. The X-Men films of late have been both financially and critically successful. Fox has absolutely nothing to gain by doing that. X-Men is easily the most lucrative franchise Fox has.

Does anybody actually want this? I can only imagine that crossover as being a total clusterfuck. I also think you would have to be extremely cynical to claim that the X-Men movies are in bad hands, 5 good films out of 7 isn't exactly a bad return.

marrec

Banned
Expect the people whining about how X-men should go back to Marvel to increase now that Spidey and FF seem to be back in the Marvel camp.

Honestly, Fox can keep that trash, Marvel's got the goods now if have actually landed this deal.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Personally I think we need to hold off acting like this is happening. If something this significant was worked out between Fox and Disney a bigger name source like one of the trades or Deadline would be reporting on it. Not Den of Geek and no one else.

Were any trades reporting on the Spidey deal with Marvel/Sony before that got officially announced?

But yeah, this feel like a classic set-up for people getting their hopes up for nothing (myself included).

Blader

They property is so damaged now, why would Marvel Studios even want the F4 back?

It would be five years before we saw a Marvel FF movie anyway.

And a damaged property didn't stop Marvel from casting a new Spider-Man just a year after ASM2.

CloudWolf

I hope Xmen is next.
Why does everyone keep saying this? Fox is doing pretty good with the X-Men, probably better than Marvel would do. So what there are differences from the comics? Days of Future Past, X-Men 2 and First Class were better than anything MCU IMO.

Cheebo

Banned
Does anybody actually want this? I can only imagine that crossover as being a total clusterfuck. I also think you would have to be extremely cynical to claim that the X-Men movies are in bad hands, 5 good films out of 7 isn't exactly a bad return.
Exactly. There was that in-between period when Singer was gone that it struggled but the franchise has been very very solid as of late. Both at the box office and with critics.

ZeroX03

Banned
Because the only weakness Marvel has right now is the villians. And thats why they needed F4. For Doctor Doom and Galactus.

The only weakness Marvel has right now is the people writing the villains. They have all the potentiel to ruin Doom or Galactus if you ask me.

Marvel Studios has made it very clear they give zero fucks about writing compelling villains. It's give them two minutes of backstory and send them on their way. They have the characters and the acting talent, they choose not to use it.

Please get Mads Mikkelson as doom. Hannibal was pretty much doom on TV.\
hannibal.gif

Isn't he up for Doctor Strange's villain?

McNum

Please get Mads Mikkelson as doom. Hannibal was pretty much doom on TV.
Wasn't he already cast as "unnamed villain" in Doctor Strange? That's probably not Doctor Doom, but it can't be entirely ruled out considering who the second in line for Sorcerer Supreme is in Marvel. I'm thinking he'll be Dormammu, though.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You are right. I mean Joss Whedon had fucking Ultron and fucked it up.

Loki still seems to be the only good villian Marvel has.

I approve.

Loki is only adequate. He looks great in comparison. Also not surprisingly he has had several movies to build him up. Maybe a hint there...

They've always been super lame to me. Thing has a stupid name and looks lame. Mr fantastic has the lamest looking power ever. Johnny and Sue are the only cool kids.
Eh. Reed Richards' power is the least interesting thing about him. It would be fun to see him work with Stark, Banner, Pym, etc.; he is arguably the smartest man in the Marvel universe.

Were any trades reporting on the Spidey deal with Marvel/Sony before that got officially announced?

But yeah, this feel like a classic set-up for people getting their hopes up for nothing (myself included).

I don't believe so but wasn't that revealed in the big Sony leak a while back?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It would be five years before we saw a Marvel FF movie anyway.

And a damaged property didn't stop Marvel from casting a new Spider-Man just a year after ASM2.

Spiderman is gold even if he is in a bunch of bad movies. His pull in merchadise is ridiculous. They would make him work even if he had 6 bad movies in a row before they got him back.

Renekton

Marvel doesn't have enough bandwidth for every property.

It'd may better if they work together with Fox to fix F4 instead.

Majanew

Banned
As for X-Men movies, they should have been pulled from Fox long ago. Shit movies (with the first DOFP being decent), mostly shit casting, shit costumes.

Cheebo

Banned

Fan sites report spoilers and the like accurately many times. But a MAJOR studio deal between Disney and Marvel that would be at the very highest levels and the only single source is a fan site?

That is highly questionable.

Cheebo

Banned
Seriously, I can't recall a SINGLE time a fan site was the first source about major studio deals. Ever.

If no one else is backing this up by the end of the day then there is no reason to even consider this.

Ambient80

As for X-Men movies, they should have been pulled from Fox long ago. Shit movies (with the first DOFP being decent), mostly shit casting, shit costumes.

Hmm, disagree. Only X-Men movie I didn't like was the third one and both Wolverine movies (I'm assuming those were made by Fox?) The rest were good to great.

Majanew

Banned
Seriously, I can't recall a SINGLE time a fan site was the first source about major studio deals. Ever.

If no one else is backing this up by the end of the day then there is no reason to even consider this.

Yeah. I hope others report the rumor because I hope it's true. Thanos bitch-slapping Galactus needs to happen. Not that stupid fart cloud F4 Galactus bullshit, either.

Hmm, disagree. Only X-Men movie I didn't like was the third one and both Wolverine movies (I'm assuming those were made by Fox?) The rest were good to great.

Dont start this fanboy shit in here please. come on this thread is just going to be derailed.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
They don't exactly sound certain of their source. When are fan sites ever right about huge deals like this, and why has no one else caught wind of it? Why didn't this leak from a NYC bar?

We don't have an independent source to back this claim up, so we'll have to treat it with a certain amount of caution for now.

But, admittedly, after Fantastic Four's critical and Box Office performance, it's not a stretch to imagine that a deal was possible. However, a straight swap doesn't really sound likely.

Operating on the assumption that this rumour comes true, like others have posted, it'd be cool for the villains mainly. Especially if a GOTG 3 were to happen, or perhaps even for Infinity War.

Would be nice but I need more backing this up before I get excited

It's not a stretch but it sounds too good to be true. Remember Marvel was OK with just getting Galactus and Silver Surfer for Daredevil extended rights a few years back. It could be something limited like that.

Chariot

Valeria when

Give me duo mobie with her and Doom going on an adventure. Like give them the premise of a disbey movie, but with Doom and her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom