• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Marvel have struck a deal with Fox for Fantastic Four film rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop89

I prefer Marvel to have doom, but at the same time I dont trust them with him. The movie will have that signature MCU feel to it. No thanks.

iamblades

Not sure of the legitimacy of the site but Den of Geek have an exclusive claiming that Marvel has secured the rights back for Fantastic Four from Fox.

Megaton if true.

Link

Would make sense since Fox salted the earth for any future FF films with that horrendous reboot.

Praise Doom.

A deal like that makes sense for both parties, marvel gets the rights to their best villians back, and fox gets the TV rights to allow them to build up a TV/movie x men universe, and all they have to give up is a property they have repeatedly failed to succeed with.

I doubt marvel was planning on making a TV show that they can't tie into the MCU, and fox probably doesn't feel like losing money on a flop every x years just to prevent the ff rights from reverting to marvel.

Win win imo.

tumblr_mmf3ekLXP11qko4x4o1_500.gif

If this ends up to be true, I hope Marvel announce Doctor Doom movie instead of FF.

Watching the trailer for Macbeth shows me how easily a doom movie could be done. As to me they have similar beats.

Victor overthrows the Latverian Goverment with a vision by his
lover Morgan Le Fay
, then proceeds to rule with an iron fist.

I definitely think people should take this with a mountain of salt but at the same time it makes a lot of sense. There's no money for Fox in the FF rights after that disaster but there is a ton of sense in the X-men TV stuff for them.

Cheebo

Banned
As for X-Men movies, they should have been pulled from Fox long ago. Shit movies (with the first DOFP being decent), mostly shit casting, shit costumes.

You are really in the minority on this one. Outside of X3 and the first Wolverine film these films have been financially and critically pretty damn successful. Many of them more so than many of the MCU films.

grimmiq

Hint at Cosmic Radiation in Guardians 2.
DOOM Netflix TV series, fuck the Fox movies trying to introduce him, reveal as villain and defeat in a single movie on top of the F4's origin.
Sprinkle F4 stuff in the series, meeting Reed in college and his failed experiment and blaming Reed.
End the series with Doom sabotaging their equipment before they go into space.
F4 movie with quick introductions, straight up into space, accident, oh no, we're freaks.
Doom contacts Reed and taunts him. F4 go to Latveria, fight, lose, recover, win, Doom retreats.
Post credits of F4 getting back to everyday life, camera pans around and boom, Uatu standing in the middle of their living room.

If its true id like them to make a cameo at least in Infinity Wars. Then build the standalones after. Kinda like what they are doing now with BP and Spidey in Civil War. Im hoping its true.

Monocle

Good. Fantastic Four needs to be saved from mediocrity. Actually, mediocrity would be a nice improvement for the property.

I want to see Doom, Galactus, and the Silver Surfer done right.

kirblar

Marvel not having the X Men rights turned out to be a massive blessing in disguise for the MCU. This deal massively benefits both parties.

I want Galactus in the MCU. Pretty please?
As for X-Men movies, they should have been pulled from Fox long ago. Shit movies (with the first DOFP being decent), mostly shit casting, shit costumes.
The X-Men films have been good for the most part tho.

Rosur

MCU needs the villains from F4 rights so hope this is true.

Also hope it means a good Fantastic Four movie at some point.

Bleepey

Trank was the hero we needed. Am I the only person who feels that the MC rights have returned like the they were forming the Avengers. They sold the rights piecemeal with really shitty contracts and they were pretty much scattered in the wind. Sony got Spiderman and Daredevil, Fox X-men and Fantastic Four, Hulk with Universal, Punisher with Lionsgate, Whoever had Thor and Namor etc etc. Then with the remaining characters they built their empire. First it was Blade, where Marvel and New Line struck gold. It took a shit tonne of successes and some failures for them to wrestle and buy the rights back. It's kinda impressive. Shame they will never get X-men back at this rate. But maybe this will work out for the best if Fox, can crank out awesome movies consistently. This might ensure Marvel release more than just 2 films a year. I can't believe Marvel release only 2 films a year.

Majanew

Banned
You are really in the minority on this one. Outside of X3 and the first Wolverine film these films have been financially and critically pretty damn successful. Many of them more so than many of the MCU films.

I just looked at the box office numbers. Only DOFP did impressive numbers: $748 million. That's the highest grossing film, too. That's less than Guardians of the Galaxy. The first two X-Men movies, First Class movie, Wolverine Origins did worse than... Ant-Man.

As a comic book fan that grew up reading and collecting, I really dislike these damn movies, save for the one with Kevin Bacon. Hugh Jackman giving up Wolverine is great news. Maybe now we'll get the correct size dude that will put on the damn suit. At least the iconic mask. Though, The Wolverine movie wasn't too bad.

Red Hood

Banned
I hope Xmen is next.

Galactus rights are then on Marvel right? Please god let it be true.

Why? I think X-Men are fine where they are. The first one was good, X2 was great, Last Stand was admittedly meh, First Class was great and DOFP great as well. Not a fan of the Wolverine Origins stuff though.

Sesha

Never mind Doom and Galactus.

This means we might be getting Annihilation done on the big screen.

And screw the X-Men, they can stay at Fox. If Marvel had the rights the whole time I doubt we would have gotten movies like Guardians and Ant-Man when we did. And definitely not the Inhumans at all.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I knew that the Fox X-Men TV series announcements last night meant the FF was coming back to Marvel.

Bring on Dr. Doom, Kang, Silver Surfer and Super Skrull for Phase 4!!!

I prefer Marvel to have doom, but at the same time I dont trust them with him. The movie will have that signature MCU feel to it. No thanks.

Victor von Doom was a scientist who was badly wounded in the Battle of Sokovia harboring a hatred against the Avengers and superheros in general. He salvages the Ultron drones and uses them to take over Sokovia, renaming it Latveria.

I just looked at the box office numbers. Only DOFP did impressive numbers: $748 million. That's the highest grossing film, too. That's less than Guardians of the Galaxy. The first two X-Men movies, First Class movie, Wolverine Origins did worse than... Ant-Man.

As a comic book fan that grew up reading and collecting, I really dislike these damn movies, save for the one with Kevin Bacon. Hugh Jackman giving up Wolverine is great news. Maybe now we'll get the correct size dude that will put on the damn suit. At least the iconic mask. Though, The Wolverine movie wasn't too bad.

I'm with you, a bit at least. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't quite like DOFTP's nonsensical ending, which pretty much ruined the entire movie for me.

I'd much rather have Wolverine + Spidey in the Avengers.

marrec

Banned
Never mind Doom and Galactus.

This means we might be getting Annihilation done on the big screen.

And screw the X-Men, they can stay at Fox. If Marvel had the rights the whole time I doubt we would have gotten movies like Guardians and Ant-Man when we did. And definitely not the Inhumans at all.

And if we're getting Annihilation then by necessity we're getting Nova.

I'm with you, a bit at least. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't quite like DOFTP's nonsensical ending, which pretty much ruined the entire movie for me.

I'd much rather have Wolverine + Spidey in the Avengers.

You're not alone lol I think DOFP is a piece of shit movie narratively. The future scenes are cool to look at though. I can see why people dig it and its not the worse thing Fox has ever done with the license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom