• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan: GOP congress to hold hearings on Clinton FBI probe

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/286608-ryan-gop-will-hold-hearings-on-clinton-probe
Republicans will hold hearings to learn more about the FBI's decision to not recommend criminal charges for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Tuesday night.

"People have been convicted for far less," Ryan said during an interview with Megyn Kelly on Fox News's "The Kelly File," saying that he thought FBI director James Comey "was going to recommend prosecution" based on the FBI director's opening remarks in a press conference Tuesday.

Ryan said the FBI's decision not to recommend charges "underscores the belief that the Clintons live above the law."

Comey said that while there was evidence Clinton and her staff was "extremely careless" with classified information, "no reasonable prosecutor" would bring a case against her in relation to her use of a private email server while secretary of state.

"We're going to have hearings," Ryan said on Fox, mentioning House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah). Chaffetz indicated hours earlier on Fox that he was considering calling Comey to Capitol Hill to testify about the FBI's probe and conclusion not to recommend charges.

Ryan said Clinton "clearly lives above the law," saying Comey has ”shredded" Clinton's defense of her email practices while serving as secretary of State. Ryan described Clinton as grossly negligent.

Ryan said the FBI should release its findings regarding the Clinton email investigation.

He also called for the director of National Intelligence to "block" Clinton from accessing classified information as a presidential candidate, given her handling of government secrets over her private email server.

"I don't think she should get classified information," Ryan said.

Republicans expressed anger and disbelief over the decision not to pursue criminal charges, with GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump blasting a "rigged" system.

Ryan said Chaffetz would be calling up Comey to ask questions.

"He didn't [answer] any questions with the press," Ryan said of Comey's remarks earlier Tuesday in Washington. "There are a lot of unanswered questions here, Megyn, that need to get answers to," Ryan said.

Ryan said the FBI "should give us all of their findings" in the Clinton investigation.

Welcome to the 90s!

In all serious this is clearly a fishing exercise to get quotes from Comey that blast clinton they can use in ads.

akira28

well they'd better fill the schedule up with something or else someone is going to try to get gun control or legal abortion passed.

Ultryx

Well she was careless as fuck. I support her over Trump, but I do feel like something needs to be done.

Fusebox

Banned
“No reasonable prosecutor” would bring a case over Hillary Clinton’s handling of classified information as secretary of state, the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, said.

GOP - "That's okay, we aren't the slightest bit reasonable at all!"

Paz

Does your federal government actually do anything? Serious question, I mean I fucking hate what the Australian government has been doing for the last few years so maybe it's better to just be blocked all the time but it really does seem obnoxiously bad.

How many years ago was Benghazi now? I mean a fucking Michael Bay MOVIE came out before republicans moved on (Or have they????).

kingocfs

giphy.gif

Boke1879

Well she was careless as fuck. I support her over Trump, but I do feel like something needs to be done.

Like what? this isn't going to do anything. They are just launching a probe into the FBI investigation. It's just going to be a waste of time and more money. Like all the other witch hunts they've tried and failed at with her.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Well, honestly this is better than them trying to draft actual legislation... because this will amount to nothing.

BokehKing

Banned
Don't GOP have more to worry about right now?
They are not going to win in November so they really have nothing else to do but you know, witch-hunts.

It's obvious the Goverment is going to protect Clinton, so why bother dragging this through the mud anymore than it has been? To get the same results? More people let down? I rather them spend the time to find a way to prevent trump from moving on past the convention.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Does your federal government actually do anything? Serious question, I mean I fucking hate what the Australian government has been doing for the last few years so maybe it's better to just be blocked all the time but it really does seem obnoxiously bad.

When republicans have any power? Not really. They're either trying to burn it all to the ground or just do as little to address the needs of the people living here as humanly possible.

MIMIC

Banned
LOL.

As much as I would love for there to be a reason for Hillary not to be President, this needs to go away.

Elandyll

Banned
Oh Jesus.

$87+m spent in useless votes (60+) to repeal Obamacare
$7m spent in the Benghazi whitch hunt hearings

After 2+ years of State Department and FBI investigations which turned up a stern scolding at most, why don't we just drag this out a little more?

F* Republicans.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wake me up when they hold hearings on the hearings on the FBI probe.

Volimar

Remember to vote in the midterms, libs

THIS THIS THIS

Do you want to get anything done during Hillary's presidency? There's a real chance dems will take back the Senate, but if you want to end the obstructionism, you gotta vote in midterm elections!

thefro

How many years ago was Benghazi now? I mean a fucking Michael Bay MOVIE came out before republicans moved on (Or have they????).

They just vote to repeal Obamacare and hold hearings on Hillary Clinton.

No time for a real discussion of gun control or to hold hearings to fill a Supreme Court vacancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom