• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryan: GOP congress to hold hearings on Clinton FBI probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffy

This is going to look like a partisan witch hunt, and I don't think it's going to turn out well for the GOP congress.

Yep, another witch hunt because they didn't get the result they wanted.

What's amazing is they deleted millions of emails, yet see no fault in that, but so desperately want to nail her for this.

Damaniel

Banned
Something to do between their endless attempts to repeal Obamacare, I suppose.

Smart people would drop it. Congressional Republicans aren't smart people.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Do they really want to drag this out? These obsessions over non-scandals like this and Benghazi only make them look worse to the general public.

Adaren

You're saying the entire thing wasn't about finding the truth, but instead was a partisan attack designed to use taxpayer dollars to create a digestible narrative and manipulate the American people?

I can't believe the GOP (the righteous avengers of Benghazi) would do such a thing!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
GOP will waste time and money for stupid hearings on the FBI probe rather than seat the next supreme court justice. I hate the GOP.

Quixzlizx

I'm guessing they aren't going to call Hillary herself to the hearings, considering how she chaos-dunked them the last time.

LiK

Should've filed charges against Bush admin for lying about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Who cares about some emails.

Republicans are really good at taking potentially legitimate criticisms of the Clintons and turning them into a clown show.

Azzanadra

As much as I dislike Clinton, the GOP members are really making fools out of themselves by continuing with this nonsense.

Ah well. At least I can enjoy the continuation of this reality TV show.

HylianTom

Banned
Bring it.

The last time impeachment came into the picture, the GOP botched a gimme midterm election. What should've been solid gains in the House and Senate (with an incredibly friendly Senate map that year) ended-up being House losses and a Senate that remained the same.

BLACKLAC

Why do people still vote for this mockery of a party?

Stripped down to its absolute core.... Greed. Even the people who don't consider themselves racist will sure as hell turn a blind eye to it if they think it benefits them. About 45% of the country fall into this ilk, or worse.

Silly Republicans

This is all they have on Clinton, isn't it? Meanwhile Trump is going legitimately crazy for a candidate. Maybe they think that if they can make Clinton a big enough issue, then it'll drown out Trump.

Lmo911

They really can't help themselves. They're like a kid in high school that thinks they found something clever to say but instead drive it into the ground until no one cares.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's amazing how they are still willing to sit around and do nothing.

Gerrymandering at it's finest. They have no fear of losing seats so fuck it let's waste taxpayer money on a government funded campaign smear.

Blader

Why do people still vote for this mockery of a party?

If you're a committed Republican -- either an elected official or voter -- you've spent the last 25-30 years hearing and reading about how utterly corrupt and conniving the Clintons are. If you had the chance to nail them to the wall for criminal conduct, regardless of what any third-party has to say about it, how could you let that slip through your fingers?

It's the GOP grasping at straws, trying to capitalize on any possible opportunity that arises to finally bring down the Clintons, because they've spent over two decades in an echo chamber convincing themselves that these are two of the most politically toxic people in the country.

That doesn't even make sense. So what would be the point then?

The base they're trying to reach doesn't care if it's televised. If they said "She's totally guilty from what she said" and it wasn't televised, then there will be people that would accept that.

Republicans hate television. Ever since Nixon lost to Kennedy in the first televised debate, it's been their white whale.

Quixzlizx

The base they're trying to reach doesn't care if it's televised. If they said "She's totally guilty from what she said" and it wasn't televised, then there will be people that would accept that.

Republicans hate television. Ever since Nixon lost to Kennedy in the first televised debate, it's been their white whale.

So they don't even need her to show up. Just tell Fox News to say she's totally guilty (wait, they're already doing that).

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
TBH though this is nothing. Once she is elected there will be monthly impeachment investigations and hearings.

Crisco

Banned
Idiots. Just give it up already, HRC will be the next President of the United States and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it. What they should do is shift all their resources towards protecting their congressional majorities. Instead they'll waste more time, money and mind share on a lost cause. Good.

Bowdz

Yep, another witch hunt because they didn't get the result they wanted.

What's amazing is they deleted millions of emails, yet see no fault in that, but so desperately want to nail her for this.

THIIIIIISSS!!!!!

It blows my mind how everyone who is pushing for Clinton to be indicted on the right just flat out ignore the Bush email scandal where 20 MILLION+ emails vanished on an RNC hosted email server. It is a situation that is DIRECTLY analogous to Clinton's server set up with the exception that we actually lost 20 MILLION+ emails.

Knoxcore

It will be a farce with the sole purpose of tearing Clinton down. This is obvious to any rational thinking person. They didn't get what they want so they'll do it themselves. No wonder the American people don't trust the GOP to run government.

_woLf

it's not like there are more fucking pressing issues

FUCK the GOP and every single person who supports this garbage.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is going to absolutely kill the GOP. It failed when they tried this on a scandal where people actually died.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
32ORMH7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom