• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Skrams

I had been seeing pictures and things of the game, but kept away for no real reason. Glad I got to witness it here first and see this incredible nonsense.

I think they needed to type the password "wh1t3Glove" either on the phone or the remote in that bonus content. Not sure if I want to see what that would've done, though.

I figured they could of just typed it in, but that would make more sense. I am also super disappointed they didn't use camera head to look outside the window and peer down the hallway. These are the same guys who made the new Bubsy 3D and I have to imagine there is some weird shit they must of missed. It feels like a game I want noclip to be turned on for so I can just fly everywhere and see insanity. I guess I'll just have to play the game myself.

Video games have hit their peak as a medium. It's all downhill from here.

image.php

Just one more month...

Archgan

I figured they could of just typed it in, but that would make more sense. I am also super disappointed they didn't use camera head to look outside the window and peer down the hallway. These are the same guys who made the new Bubsy 3D and I have to imagine there is some weird shit they must of missed. It feels like a game I want noclip to be turned on for so I can just fly everywhere and see insanity. I guess I'll just have to play the game myself.
I'm dying to find out what the password does, but I really don't want to download this.

In related news, it looks like the Eclipse finally happened. Liam and Matt had to sacrifice Woolie, but I think it was worth it.

Edit: Wait, never mind, Liam sacrificed Woolie, Matt is Guts, and Pat was stuck on the outside like Rickert.

I think they needed to type the password "wh1t3Glove" either on the phone or the remote in that bonus content. Not sure if I want to see what that would've done, though.

Pretty sure that password is for the Sega.net stuff. Which means if the video went in order of events, it means they cheated to get it!
The quality we've come to expect <3

Skrams

I'm dying to find out what the password does, but I really don't want to download this.

In related news, it looks like the Eclipse finally happened. Liam and Matt had to sacrifice Woolie, but I think it was worth it.

Pretty sure that password is for the Sega.net stuff. Which means if the video went in order of events, it means they cheated to get it!
The quality we've come to expect <3

Looking at the video again, it seems they actually did Eggman Origins last and spliced it there in the middle. You can see them putting in the password and they exclaim that it's the password from earlier. I don't know why they exactly felt the need to cut it to put it in the middle, but oh well. There's still weird secrets probably.

I'm only 16 seconds in on whatever the hell this is, and I'm feel like I need to reload my machine.

Thanks Sanic

EDIT: oh jesus this went way more fucked up then I thought it would.

So I hopped on the band wagon and watched all of Steven Universe, and I am truly baffled at Pat's whole Dragonball fan-fiction thing. What on earth was hr talking about?

explodet

So I hopped on the band wagon and watched all of Steven Universe, and I am truly baffled at Pat's whole Dragonball fan-fiction thing. What on earth was hr talking about?
He was pretty much just connecting DBZ characters with semi-similar characters in SU, as well as pointing out one major ability being common to both shows:
fusion dancing!

Don't read into it too much, there are plenty other shows SU makes references to.

Caderfix

The Big The Cat part was amazing lol What a game, what an adventure, what an experience.

Now make a video o Pat playing it and record the best parts, please. That would be amazing!

That Sonic Dreams vid is so amazing, they can never top that video.

Part of me wished it was longer than 1 hour long.

This.

I am still reeling from last night. Not even taking in something else creepy like Return to the Cathedral was able to take my mind off it.

Best video.

Also getting caught up on the Star Fox Adventures LP, I think I've come to the realization that none of them are probably aware that there was a prequel manga for the game that explains why Falco isn't with Star Fox when the game starts, along with a bunch of other shit. Of course it was a Japan only thing, so no one would have known.

What was missing especially was this game mind fucking Pat.

Pretty sure Pat would have just spent the entire time guffawing and making fun of the other three for being Sonic fans. They were probably right to not include him in this.

I mean, you don't need someone there to remind everyone that Sonic is shit and the fanbase includes some terrifying deviations. The game is doing that just fine.

Skrams

Woolie not being able to handle the ride that sonic dreams took him on is what made the video.
I almost want facecam since I would of wanted to see what they were like during the quiet bits. Woolie freaked out so much at some points that he became silent, so I would of liked to see what those freakouts were like. Panic attacks and all.

I can see where he's coming from, but I still found it a weird and long discussion as well.

Stuff about SU and DB-
Fusion Dances, Tien and Garnet Eyes, Gohan and Steven, Vegeta/Nappa and Jasper/Peridot

There's character correlation you can see, but kind of eh on them actually being much of the same thing. Not really sure what the whole if you know dragonball you know SU plot down the road thing was. Maybe he was referring to the end of Season 1.

Rustlemania 2: SuperBrawl Saturday III - WWC/Astral Bout 3
Youtube
Just finished it. I knew it was going to be terrible. You guys get sidetracked way too much. There should be more guests on the podcast.

I volunteer as I am 5th most OG friender.
You'll be on there when I will (Which is never) Also the SBF are always on topic aren't they? I know they get off topic from time to time

I would be in fear if Slowbeef was my dad.

Eventually he's gonna just turn into Mike Dawson in his elder years.

Sick promo, Beef. Where's Betus??

Check you Feet.

Skrams

Shit got super fucking real with that cliffhanger. Life is Strange looks like it's shaping up to be a Game of the Year contender at this point. I have faith that dontnod will stick the landing at this point.

Archgan

I have a theory on how Max could rewind the events at the end of the episode. This is me just guessing, but I'll spoiler it just in case.
Warren just took a photo with Max before entering the party, so she could rewind back to there. That would also be a reason to have the subplot with the alternate timeline since it introduced the power.

Skrams

I have a theory on how Max could rewind the events at the end of the episode. This is me just guessing, but I'll spoiler it just in case.
Warren just took a photo with Max before entering the party, so she could rewind back to there. That would also be a reason to have the subplot with the alternate timeline since it introduced the power.

Saw the same theory on the reddit and that is definitely what I think will happen.
If they're going to introduce the turn back time method and not use it then that would be poor storytelling to me. If it's there then they damn well better use it.

aly

Saw the same theory on the reddit and that is definitely what I think will happen.
If they're going to introduce the turn back time method and not use it then that would be poor storytelling to me. If it's there then they damn well better use it.

I agree with that too.
My thing is though I think Max can only save herself and get justice for all the girls that have been harmed. Chloe on the other hand has to kick the bucket. She has been killed or almost killed too many times. Her time is up.

The last Life is Strange episode is going to be either really good or really awful depending on how they handle it.

Also,
Chloe shouldn't come back, that'd be the worst cop out.

PBalfredo

That's what I'm thinking too.

One thing that drives me crazy is
their complete refusal to not only call the cops, but also to secure any of the mountain of evidence despite Max carrying a camera everywhere she goes.

their complete refusal to not only call the cops, but also to secure any of the mountain of evidence despite Max carrying a camera everywhere she goes.
Shit, if you don't trust the local cops, at least call the FBI or something. Odds are that the Prescotts don't have control over them.

Archgan

That's what I'm thinking too.

I can get Chloe not wanting to call the cops because it seems like she might want to kill Nathan, but Max should definitely know better. Also, Max should be taking selfies literally everywhere she goes so she can have more redo points.

PBalfredo

I can get Chloe not wanting to call the cops because it seems like she might want to kill Nathan, but Max should definitely know better. Also, Max should be taking selfies literally everywhere she goes so she can have more redo points.

Yeah, if I had the power to essentially make save points for my life, I'd be doing that every day.

Sadly this basically confirms the worry I had since the beginning that Chloe's main role is to push the plot where it need to go by being a big dumb idiot who makes bad decisions when doing the logical thing wouldn't build tension

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
A bit over an hour into the podcast and boy am I booooooooooored. Like it is literally putting me to sleep. And that's no hyperbole, I'm actually falling asleep in my chair. Too much Rising Thunder talk I think.

Top Bottom