• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Edzi

DS3 was practically sniper-targeted at Pat. The way he was marking out hardcore over every DS1/DS2 reference he came across? He's the guy those were there for. You compare it to, say, ENB who's constantly saying, "I hope there's more too this than just a callback to DS1..." when he finds those bits, and you really see that Pat was completely the target audience.

He's also been spending a ton of time with the PvP, so that probably factors in heavily to his preferences.

Eh, ENB fell in love with the game too from what I've seen. It was a love letter to DS1 fans in particular.

aly

Eh, ENB fell in love with the game too from what I've seen. It was a love letter to DS1 fans in particular.

Makes a lot of sense and I can totally see why people love it so much. For me DS3 was surprisingly meh by the time I got to the end. Kinda just wanted it to be over. Glad the games are getting a break cause I was getting a been there done that feeling by the end.

Moaradin

I thought DS3 was great but the fanservice definitely didn't do much for me even though I played all those games. Though I never really dug into Dark Souls lore in general. Bloodborne did a much better job at getting me interested in that stuff.

Skrams

I really really hope they edit it down a lot. Thats definitely not a good video format LP friendly game imo.

I think the super obvious parts we're both thinking about that come later will be edited down. I also imagine Liam is on the stick and on editing duty since he knows what's important in the game. Hopefully they keep the pacing fast since the game is so interesting.

Also dumb Pat and his "no one's guessed it," shit when it was the 2nd most common guess.

joe2187

Banned
Love this DS3 LP and Loved DS3 in general.

Id rank it with bloodborne on the same level just below DS1.

One of my GOTYs for sure.

Just ordered a copy of Demon's's's Souls so I'll be playing that for the first time this weekend. Know literally nothing about the game other than what I've seen Woolie do and I've mostly forgotten the level layouts so this be all new to me, pretty excited.

Squishy3

I think the super obvious parts we're both thinking about that come later will be edited down. I also imagine Liam is on the stick and on editing duty since he knows what's important in the game. Hopefully they keep the pacing fast since the game is so interesting.

Also dumb Pat and his "no one's guessed it," shit when it was the 2nd most common guess.
Alright Skrams, let me lay it out for you.

"People are making all sorts of guesses and they're nowhere Nier it. No one I've seen on the response to that twitter post. Nobody is anywhere Nier it."

"People are making all sorts of guesses and they're nowhere Nier it. No one I've seen on the response to that twitter post. Nobody is anywhere Nier it."

Is that actually what he said in the podcast? I'm too lazy to re-download and confirm. If so it completely went over my head and I'd applaud him for being more witty than Liam's hint.

Breads

Banned
Savage Pizza at 5 points? Plebs. It's all about Big Pie In The Sky Pizzeria in Roswell. If you see a Porsche dealership you know you're in the right place. It's right next to it.

Xux

Dammit, the Star Fox LP made me wanna buy it so now I don't wanna watch more.

Way to be good at your job, you jerks.

Skrams

Alright Skrams, let me lay it out for you.

No, I heard that. I still don't think Pat did that on purpose. I don't think he's smart or dumb enough to make that pun. He only went off twitter responses and he probably just skimmed over it without seeing it.

Also Pat on controls, oh my god I want to die.

Squishy3

No, I heard that. I still don't think Pat did that on purpose. I don't think he's smart or dumb enough to make that pun. He only went off twitter responses and he probably just skimmed over it without seeing it.
He totally is, but whatever.

Totally just a coincidence he puts emphasis on the word near the day before the LP goes up on Vessel.

Skrams

Hah how do you think Liam feels?
Poor probably. I just don't get how you can have an obvious thing like Liam playing, powering through the game, picking the certain sidequests to do, making sure his gameplay works well with the editing, and editing for the backhalf of what the LP will be. I like the gameplay of Nier, but I don't think the LP will benefit any from Pat being on controls rather than Liam. Pat wouldn't miss out on much by not playing either.
He totally is, but whatever.

Totally just a coincidence he puts emphasis on the word near the day before the LP goes up on Vessel.

He doesn't say it with any inflection or emphasis on the word. He said it as a normal sentence with not even a hint of "nearrrrr." If he did it on purpose then oh well.

Okingjrr

Poor probably. I just don't get how you can have an obvious thing like Liam playing, powering through the game, picking the certain sidequests to do, making sure his gameplay works well with the editing, and editing for the backhalf of what the LP will be. I like the gameplay of Nier, but I don't think the LP will benefit any from Pat being on controls rather than Liam. Pat wouldn't miss out on much by not playing either.

I'm assuming Pat's doing the editing for this LP seeing as how Liam's editing Zelda and DS3 just wrapped up.
*sigh* This isn't going to be great, is it?

He doesn't say it with any inflection or emphasis on the word. He said it as a normal sentence with not even a hint of "nearrrrr." If he did it on purpose then oh well.

But is that, in itself, a sort of tell considering Pat's habitual hyperbolic exaggeration style of speaking tends to cause him to put absurd amounts of emphasis on the word "near"?

(ie, "Dark Souls 2 isn't anywhere NEAR as good as Demon's Souls, Woolie! You see that now, right? Not even CLOSE!")

Is it just me or are their uploads becoming less reliable. Like I feel multiple times a week they're late on their evening video, whereas before I recall it being a once in a blue moon thing.

Strimei

Is it just me or are their uploads becoming less reliable. Like I feel multiple times a week they're late on their evening video, whereas before I recall it being a once in a blue moon thing.

Yeah they've been a bit off the past few weeks. Some of it probably is due to several of them traveling for cons and such, but others...its a bit peculiar.

Considering most of this stuff is supposed to be handled by Vessel I don't know that we can put the blame entirely on them.

Unless they've been missing out on Vessel videos too.

Strimei

Considering most of this stuff is supposed to be handled by Vessel I don't know that we can put the blame entirely on them.

Unless they've been missing out on Vessel videos too.

I heard that some of them are going up late there too. One of the videos earlier this week that went up late on Youtube was also up at like midnight on Vessel as well.

Anung

Un Rama
Also Pat on controls, oh my god I want to die.

Jesus Christ. Hype deflated.

Poor probably. I just don't get how you can have an obvious thing like Liam playing, powering through the game, picking the certain sidequests to do, making sure his gameplay works well with the editing, and editing for the backhalf of what the LP will be. I like the gameplay of Nier, but I don't think the LP will benefit any from Pat being on controls rather than Liam. Pat wouldn't miss out on much by not playing either

Totally agree. I'll give it a chance but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up dropping it. Obviously we don't know yet how can you bungle what should have been a sure thing?

Glad Pat is at the controls since I seem to rarely enjoy the LPs with Liam at the helm. Though maybe it's just the games he's done that are really boring to me.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
With E3 nigh, here's a weird gem from the past. Weird to watch because it's so unlike anything else they've ever done. Don't get me wrong, I really like 1up show style conversations and this holds up surprisingly well, but it's just weird because Pat is so short. I forget about it every time but damn he's tiny.

Well, just had my first awkward moment in Demons Souls. Saw Ostrava on a platform below me, thought he was an enemy, dropped down and immediately backstabbed him

"What on earth is wrong with you?!"

Thankfully he has a ton of health and didn't really mind that I almost killed him.

zethren

Banned
Maaaan I've been wanting to play Nier sometime soon, so I'm not sure I'll want to watch an LP of it before then. It's my own damn fault for waiting this long to play it lol

Savage Pizza at 5 points? Plebs. It's all about Big Pie In The Sky Pizzeria in Roswell. If you see a Porsche dealership you know you're in the right place. It's right next to it.

Hell yeah, I drive by it a couple of times each month when visiting the folks. There's one in Kennesaw as well that is some of the best NY style pizza I've found in the state.

Strimei

Good lord Pat somehow managed to trip every single flash mine near the end of tonight's DXHR video.

He also has like zero sense of direction at this point.

DXHR is going to be unwatchable for the rest of this recording session.

Waypoints aside, pat blew the last 5-10 minutes of that video stumbling around doing fucking nothing. Actually that was pretty much this entire episode.

Strimei

For anyone curious, the guys confirmed they will livestream the E3 conferences.

All videos will be archived as well, which I'm happy to hear since I'm sticking with Giant Bomb for the conferences as usual.

Anung

Un Rama

All videos will be archived as well, which I'm happy to hear since I'm sticking with Giant Bomb for the conferences as usual.

Yeah, I'll wait for the archived footage. Don't see the point in watching people react to something I want to watch and react to myself.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

Ah neat. I just got off work, so nice surprise. Gonna watch the ea and see if i like it more than just watching the conference by myself

Top Bottom