• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out something with Blood Dragon (not the trials one) and I'm pulling at straws for a solution, so hopefully someone here has an idea. My CPU is going about twenty degrees higher than in any other game I have and I can't figure out why. Even on the lowest settings it's going above the point I'm comfortable with. Is there something weird with Blood Dragon and Win 10 or something? Or some particular setting that I should turn off?

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out something with Blood Dragon (not the trials one) and I'm pulling at straws for a solution, so hopefully someone here has an idea. My CPU is going about twenty degrees higher than in any other game I have and I can't figure out why. Even on the lowest settings it's going above the point I'm comfortable with. Is there something weird with Blood Dragon and Win 10 or something? Or some particular setting that I should turn off?

Are you able to track usage in Task Manager while it's running?

Primarily: is it spiking on all CPU cores, and only spiking within the Blood Dragon program itself? There might be a multi-threading issue, even though those are relatively rare these days.

Anung

Un Rama
Woolie's twitter recently.

tumblr_inline_nxym3gljos1sev95f_540.png

Whew!

Boy what a limp dick wet noodle fart of an ending that Star Fox LP had. Really glad I didn't buy it.

There's barely any sign P* did work on it. Sucks that people assume that they made the game.

Edzi

You know what I kinda wish the guys did more frequently? Online sessions where they play in open lobbies with the community. I think it'd be fun to run SBF lobbies where the fanbase could play together while also having the Zaibatsu themselves drop in every once in a while.

joe2187

Banned
You know what I kinda wish the guys did more frequently? Online sessions where they play in open lobbies with the community. I think it'd be fun to run SBF lobbies where the fanbase could play together while also having the Zaibatsu themselves drop in every once in a while.

I know pat used to play the fight games with the steam group a lot before Final Fantasy ate his soul.

I have to say, I'm digging the Nier playthrough. I've heard fantastic things about it, but have never had the opportunity to experience it. It really looks (and sounds!) like something special.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So Liam and Matt kept saying Star Fox sold poorly, yet according to NPD it was the fifth best selling individual SKU in April.
Misinformation or was there something I don't know?

Matsukaze

This fuckin' Age of Barbarian video... It's always a good sign when the thumbnail and title alone explain absolutely everything about a game you've never heard of.

This fuckin' Age of Barbarian video... It's always a good sign when the thumbnail and title alone explain absolutely everything about a game you've never heard of.

You can see that someone weirdly put actual effort into it, though. Like no one told them this is a cynical titty-based cash-grab and they don't have the budget to do anything the least bit substantial.

Matsukaze

Watching the archived stream of slowbeef and his wife playing Heavy Rain. Despite the fact she isn't much of a gamer, she succeeded in the Mad Jack section and the chat had a field day saying she was superior to Woolie. Then she said she felt bad for Woolie and slowbeef almost died laughing.

Strimei

The Endless Eight ruined it for him, I think

I don't blame him there.

Endless Eight...even almost a decade later, it makes my blood boil. Like, I do get what they were going for, but it was still dumb and honestly tanked the Haruhi brand something fierce. I heard the movie made up for it, which is fine, but I have zero drive to watch it. Maybe someday...

MrHoot

Watching the archived stream of slowbeef and his wife playing Heavy Rain. Despite the fact she isn't much of a gamer, she succeeded in the Mad Jack section and the chat had a field day saying she was superior to Woolie. Then she said she felt bad for Woolie and slowbeef almost died laughing.

Oh god can i have a link/approx timestamp for this ?

Strimei

What's happening? I haven't been to the subreddit in months because they were getting a bit cult-y.

Its just a thread asking on what subject do you disagree with the zaibatsu about?

Liam was in there a bit, nothing bad, just correcting people that he's not a genwunner (since the pokemon one is the top most post in it right now), and that he liked Black/White.

Its definitely a bit big though. Close to 900 posts.

I think a lot of it is just good natured teasing. Some about their usage of french (I joined in there, but that's partly because my mother grew up in Switzerland and when I asked her about Quebecois french, she just started laughing. I like teasing them about it)

Top Bottom