• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Pat, I just wanted to let you know: I'm sorry we made fun of you for hating fire alarms.

You were right. The frequency that your apartment residents set off the fire alarm is utter fucking bullshit. I used to live in a building inhabited entirely by college students, situated between two sororities and a frat, and my fire alarm only went off twice in three years.

Your neighbors are dipshits.

Strimei

Saw mention elsewhere that they talk about the latest GoT episode in this podcast. Can anyone tell me what time they do? I'm trying my best to avoid any show info and waiting for the books.

I've managed fairly well so far, barring one small spoiler (that I expected to happen anyway).

Saw mention elsewhere that they talk about the latest GoT episode in this podcast. Can anyone tell me what time they do? I'm trying my best to avoid any show info and waiting for the books.

I've managed fairly well so far, barring one small spoiler (that I expected to happen anyway).

Starts around 1:32:30 to about 1:40:20.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

I got the big spoiler which sucks :/

Not from the podcast, but from Youtube recommending me ONE Game of Thrones video even though I haven't searched for one in forever...

Yeah, that's pretty messed up. :/
kanye-a89daf31c27b0fb62ade6bb44308129b.gif

Xux

Haven't listened to the podcast yet. What did Matt do?
I'm kinda conflicted about how okay it is after looking at her website and stuff but he pointed to a cosplayer and adult performer's Twitter after talking about how she had a backroom session with one of his friends at her strip club job.

I'm kinda conflicted about how okay it is after looking at her website and stuff but he pointed to a cosplayer and adult performer's Twitter after talking about how she had a backroom session with one of his friends at her strip club job.
Actually, I don't think he implied anything other than lap dances. $20 a song is about the norm so a stripper can easily make 200+ doing just that. Guys are often too naive about costs and are easy targets.

Xux

Actually, I don't think he implied anything other than lap dances. $20 a song is about the norm so a stripper can easily make 200+ doing just that. Guys are often too naive about costs and are easy targets.
I know. It just feels icky telling people where someone works. Though, I don't remember him mentioning a definitive location so I might be overreacting.

I know. It just feels icky telling people where someone works. Though, I don't remember him mentioning a definitive location so I might be overreacting.

It's not really a big deal given how public she is about her work. I don't believe he actually said the name of the place.

It's not really a big deal given how public she is about her work. I don't believe he actually said the name of the place.

Yeah I'm a bit conflicted, I was able to check out her Deviantart / Twitter due to the name stuff and that was fun, but at the same time I don't know if she wanted to keep those two jobs separate or not.

But they do mention the name of the club and the logo of the place, so it wouldn't be hard for anyone to put two and two together.

The question is, was she cool with it?

Sylas

Not for nothing but strippers don't have a "main" club they work out of most of the time. Oftentimes that have to pay a fee (or a cut of what they earn) to each club to have the privilege of working that particular venue for the night. It's not even comparable to a 9-5 gig. You aren't really "outing" where someone works. That's just where they were for the night.

So it probably doesn't really matter. Plus, she's pretty famous and out there with her sex work. I wouldn't get too weird about it. If anything, it's free advertising since he gave out her name + twitter handle.

If she wasn't cool with it though--that's another matter entirely, but who's to say?

Matsukaze

Huh. That's a bit of an awkward situation. :/

In other news, I just heard about Cranky streaming Mighty No. 9 for ~4.5 hours and having his save delete itself for no apparent reason. Holy Christ, that game is a trainwreck.

So it probably doesn't really matter. Plus, she's pretty famous and out there with her sex work. I wouldn't get too weird about it. If anything, it's free advertising since he gave out her name + twitter handle.

Yeah that's the thing... It's what she does to make money. It's not like this is outing someone who's never shown signs of doing it. She's well documented to say the least.

Man Nier is a sleeper. It has a really solid intro but I just can't seem to find myself interested in the videos at all.

Biggest disappointment of the year?

Not if you consider that there was some warning to its quality coming up to release. It's disappointing but you saw it coming, buggy shit notwithstanding.

Squishy3

His save didn't delete itself, he was using the DRM-free version (because when it came out the steam copies weren't unlocked yet) and it saves to the program files directory which need administrator access to be written to.

So because he didn't run the game as an administrator it never saved because it didn't have the proper permissions.

His save didn't delete itself, he was using the DRM-free version (because when it came out the steam copies weren't unlocked yet) and it saves to the program files directory which need administrator access to be written to.

So because he didn't run the game as an administrator it never saved because it didn't have the proper permissions.
Seems like something half-decent QA would find immediately. PC games and file access priveliges is like, step 1

Shouldn't people wait for there to actually be an issue with Matt saying the twitter of a performer before creating an issue out of Matt saying the name of a performer? Like did she express unhappiness regarding the call out?

Xux

Shouldn't people wait for there to actually be an issue with Matt saying the twitter of a performer before creating an issue out of Matt saying the name of a performer? Like did she express unhappiness regarding the call out?
Yeah, I'm sorry for the derail.

Xux

Watching Overwatch become a cultural phenomenon is rough when (RealGAF)
your debit card is compromised the day before pay day and
you're waiting a couple months to afford a new gaming PC.

But Zarya's so freakin' cool, tho, as well as pretty much every other character.

Shoot, I should catch up on the New Best Friends Play Overwatch episodes.

Shoot, I should catch up on the New Best Friends Play Overwatch episodes.

Wait, what? Why am I not aware this was a thing.

Edit: So apparently there's 10 Machinima videos I haven't seen that are on Vessel but not on youtube? It would have been nice if they mentioned that in a podcast or something. But at least I have a couple hours of content to watch in my downtime now.

Edit2: Oh these videos are only like 5-10 minutes long.

Xux

Wait, what? Why am I not aware this was a thing.

Edit: So apparently there's 10 Machinima videos I haven't seen that are on Vessel but not on youtube? It would have been nice if they mentioned that in a podcast or something. But at least I have a couple hours of content to watch in my downtime now.

Edit2: Oh these videos are only like 5-10 minutes long.
I was gonna link them from YouTube but it looks like Machinima just kinda stopped uploading them to YouTube.

They also seemed to have forgotten a Hitman episode and uploaded part 4 after only 2 Overwatch episodes.

Oh man, the New Super Best Friends Play intro's so good.

I wish they could keep their videos a bit more consistently uploaded, or referenced to in other media (in the description of their videos, or on the podcast).

Are all those available on Vessel for free?

Xux

I wish they could keep their videos a bit more consistently uploaded, or referenced to in other media (in the description of their videos, or on the podcast).

Are all those available on Vessel for free?
All except the newest Hitman part which is still under the week long exclusive.

...It's weird listening to this old podcast and watching an Ethan and Hila episode with that recalled oven mitt from Loot Crate.

Anung

Un Rama
I unsubbed Machinima ages ago and forgot about it so I didn't realize there was Overwatch and Hitman videos. I'll need to give them a watch.

Edzi

I unsubbed Machinima ages ago and forgot about it so I didn't realize there was Overwatch and Hitman videos. I'll need to give them a watch.

They did an Overwatch vid? What happened to them promoting Machinima stuff on their channel too?

Anung

Un Rama
They did an Overwatch vid? What happened to them promoting Machinima stuff on their channel too?

Yeah there's a few on the Machinina NSBFP vessel. I don't think they've mentioned them on anything (twitter, podcast, etc) so unless there trying to distance themselves I have no idea whats going on.

Xux

Gosh, this
Gundam
game looks sick. The game audio's a bit high, though; hard hearing Pat get hype over the music.

Top Bottom