• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So, which modern Ninja Gaiden games are good? I just bought Black on XBLA. I figured this community would know.
All but vanilla NG3. The Sigma (not Plus) games are fine; better than the vanilla versions in some ways and worse in others, and 3: Razor's Edge is a straight improvement over the original, which was... not great. The DS one is also great, if you can get it.

Menitta

All but vanilla NG3. The Sigma (not Plus) games are fine; better than the vanilla versions in some ways and worse in others, and 3: Razor's Edge is a straight improvement over the original, which was... not great. The DS one is also great, if you can get it.

Ok, thanks. Sigma is definitely prettier than Black. Razor's Edge looks really fun.

I was shocked to see Yaiba was still $60 digitally on 360. It's $7 at Gamestop. Seven. Dollars.

convo

So
Shrek Super Slam
will be this weeks fisticuffs ?
Always wanted that game as a kid before i knew the actual power stone games.

God I love Pat just going into a fit of giggling, his laugh is great.

It's like hearing Guts laugh. You just know something is terribly fucked up.

(When Pat actually laughs uncontrollably, I mean, not when he's "socially laughing" just to show recognition that something's funny. He only gets those gigglefits when shit is beyond fucked.)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So, which modern Ninja Gaiden games are good? I just bought Black on XBLA. I figured this community would know.

Ninja Gaiden Black is a gem, and arguably the best of them. It's a must play and probably Itagaki's magnum opus. It blends action and adventure with rewarding and responsive combat.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is a diamond in the rough. Clearly half finished as Itagaki made his exodus, but the combat is definitely furious and refreshingly fast. There's definitely more of a focus on offense and iframe abuse.

Sigma 1 and Sigma 2 are the Playstation ports of the above. They're a little hit or miss because of some creative changes and other technical limitations. At least Sigma 1 is a serviceable replacement. Sigma 2 has some questionable decisions with regard to encounters and mob density.

Ninja Gaiden 3 is a steaming pile of shit. Razor's Edge does what it can to polish said pile of shit, but in the end of the day shit is still shit. If you can get it cheap, you could give it a whirl for curiosity's sake, but they basically tried to streamline and westernize Ninja Gaiden in such a way that was absurdly limiting and lacking awareness.

Yaiba Is just a spinoff title that is considered pretty terrible.

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword is one of the early DS action games that's surprisingly competent. Stars Ryu and Momiji.

I gave up on Ninja Gaiden 2 when they introduced large groups of enemies that could spam explosive shuriken at you.

They were present in one, but manageable. In two they were just bullshit.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I was shocked to see Yaiba was still $60 digitally on 360. It's $7 at Gamestop. Seven. Dollars.

Yaiba Is just a spinoff title that is considered pretty terrible.

I'd forgotten completely that Yaiba even exists. You can probably skip it? It's not great. I mean, it's not trying to be complex, but it's just kinda okay? The concept is neat.

I gave up on Ninja Gaiden 2 when they introduced large groups of enemies that could spam explosive shuriken at you.

They were present in one, but manageable. In two they were just bullshit.

If you disliked the Incendiary Shuriken spam, Sigma 2 might be more up you alley. They considerably toned down the amount of spam and amount of enemies and raised their survivability.

I haven't watched the video, but man does all this sound overblown. Still, it's bound to happen when you turn into another mindless streamer who just yells random stuff for donations.

It's totally overblown but for what his casting career is, a slip like that might be a really, really bad thing.

It's really not overblown

It's 2016, why do people still act suprised when someone gets put on blast for saying nigger

I'm not surprised, it was bad and of course he shouldn't have done it, but there's a distinct difference between slipping like he did and intentionally yelling the word at someone like people seem to think he did.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm not surprised, it was bad and of course he shouldn't have done it, but there's a distinct difference between slipping like he did and intentionally yelling the word at someone like people seem to think he did.
Max is fine, this kind of thuggery an be forgiven. Its the ignorance in the thread about it that people have to silenced for. Mhmm that thread is a bloodbath.

Max is fine, this kind of thuggery an be forgiven. Its the ignorance in the thread about it that people have to silenced for. Mhmm that thread is a bloodbath.
Yeah Max will be fine. I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not that kind of guy. I think the way SOME people are dismissing the whole thing has nothing to do with Max.

Anung

Un Rama
I haven't watched the video, but man does all this sound overblown. Still, it's bound to happen when you turn into another mindless streamer who just yells random stuff for donations.

He'll be thinking before speaking for a long time after this incident that's for sure.

Top Bottom