• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Strimei

I'm continuing to go backwards through the podcasts, and I'm on #57 right now. The guys are talking about the first Persona 5 trailer (with actual footage, not the chair one), and its amusing to hear the various guesses and stuff they're making.

Granted, many of us (myself included) did similar. "Oh that idol girl's on the screens in the background in so many shots, she must be a party member!" "Maybe we're in college this time around?" etc etc

Pity they didn't point out scrunchy girl.

edit: lol also "english release will likely be real close now since the delay!" Oh if only we all knew.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Is it just me or has the sound balance on the last 2 days' worth of videos been shit? A lot of them seem to have super low volume openings and the Zaibatsu members seem to have different volumes at different times.

you were one who complained about it on reddit i assume. Well it has to do with them having subwofers and 4 different mics instead one big watery one.

you were one who complained about it on reddit i assume. Well it has to do with them having subwofers and 4 different mics instead one big watery one.
I've literally never gone to their subreddit.

That said, I thought they've been doing 4 mics for the LP stuff for a while now, but they've fucked things up on these videos for whatever reason during the editing/rendering process.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I've literally never gone to their subreddit.

That said, I thought they've been doing 4 mics for the LP stuff for a while now, but they've fucked things up on these videos for whatever reason during the editing/rendering process.

ok.
There was point in the last stream that they were just dickslapping the mics and crawling all over the sound bars. I think now since they no longer sounds like tubes in baby mouth that just think its good for the mainstream listener.

God, I didn't realise how much a late podcast would mess up my day.
Also, Matt may be a guest on the podquistion in the future from the look of his twitter

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
No podcast but this is funny, saw it on twitter.
Cst6AUAWAAA5nvh.jpg

Watching Paige and Pat fight on Twitter is reading an episode of Seinfeld, but with more crazy.

She can't be serious about the goblin thing, right?

Strimei

God I love listening to these guys hollow in real time.

Also their excitement, then disappointment, about that item in teh restroom was great.

I've been wondering all day who the guest is, I wanna know!

Also the guys freaking out over the rings from the demon dying was great too. Perfect.

Pat mentioned it in the FC eariler.
its Xavier Woods. Fun fact: He doesn't realize Woolie is black until 95 minutes into the podcast.

Strimei

its Xavier Woods. Fun fact: He doesn't realize Woolie is black until 95 minutes into the podcast.

Hah!

I've actually had a similar experience:
A very good friend of mine, admittedly one whom I've known only online (though we've talked through vent before), thought I was black for the first six years I knew her. I'm real damn white. Even better, she and I are also friends on Facebook and she can see my picture where I am, again, quite white. I have never let her live it down.

I could not for the life on me tell if he was being serious about that.
Also it seems safe to save Xavier Woods is now the best guest and easily the best "Austin" they've had on the podcast so far. Going to be hard to beat those Up Up Down Down plugs.

Strimei

I agree with Matt about Kubo.

Visually, spectacular.

Story, basic.

With how Woolie and others hyped it up, I kinda expected more to be honest. I called every twist and everything well ahead of time. I certainly enjoyed myself but I would've wanted a bit better a story.

edit: On Xavier Woods' wiki page:

Top Bottom