• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I don't understand it. I mean, at least you get a well informed opinion, but if a game sucks I stop playing it. I don't get why youd keep going

There have been games and movies that I hated up until the last quarter which validated the earlier parts. Hell, Nier could be considered a good example of such a game. If you had quit when it was awful (the first half+) then you'd miss the payout.

Maybe Woolie should just do a Let's Read of the Megaman comics instead of spending nearly an entire episode talking about them while completely ignoring what's happening in the game they're playing. It wouldn't be so dreadful to watch if they just paid a little more attention. Like not attacking the small nimble flying enemies for multiple turns using your high damage dealer who is almost universally low accuracy in these games.

Maybe Woolie should just do a Let's Read of the Megaman comics instead of spending nearly an entire episode talking about them while completely ignoring what's happening in the game they're playing. It wouldn't be so dreadful to watch if they just paid a little more attention. Like not attacking the small nimble flying enemies for multiple turns using your high damage dealer who is almost universally low accuracy in these games.

Not sure that has anything to do with talking about the comics...

Gestahl

Maybe one day they'll learn not to let Woolie and Liam do lps together

But today is not that day

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I don't understand it. I mean, at least you get a well informed opinion, but if a game sucks I stop playing it. I don't get why youd keep going

Liam and Woolie have both stated they really want to make video games at some point in the future, so it makes sense Liam would play through long 'meh' games to better understand what works and what doesn't. There is a certain love for a medium or genre that can only really be expressed when you're sitting down to experience a solid 5/10. Trust me, as a horror fan, I get the appreciation for mediocre.

Duplolas

Banned
Ahem.

I miss the old Pat. Straight from Canada Pat. Dealing with those Machinima trolls Pat. Set on his goals Pat. I hate the new Pat. The only sometimes mad Pat. Be always rude Pat. Beefing with those dudes Pat. I miss the always angry Pat. Making those screams Pat. Id like to say at that time I would like to meet Pat. See I invented Pat. Wasn't even any Liams. And now I look and look around and there are so many Liams. I used to love Pat. I used to love Pat. I even had that same dumb laugh, I thought I was Pat. What if Pat made a song about Pat called "I Miss the Old Pat." Man that would be so Pat. That's all there was Pat. We still love Pat. And I know I love you like Pat loves Matt.

Menitta

Ahem.

I miss the old Pat. Straight from Canada Pat. Dealing with those Machinima trolls Pat. Set on his goals Pat. I hate the new Pat. The only sometimes mad Pat. Be always rude Pat. Beefing with those dudes Pat. I miss the always angry Pat. Making those screams Pat. Id like to say at that time I would like to meet Pat. See I invented Pat. Wasn't even any Liams. And now I look and look around and there are so many Liams. I used to love Pat. I used to love Pat. I even had that same dumb laugh, I thought I was Pat. What if Pat made a song about Pat called "I Miss the Old Pat." Man that would be so Pat. That's all there was Pat. We still love Pat. And I know I love you like Pat loves Matt.

Ok, where is this coming from!? I've seen it on the discord and now here!

daevious

Ahem.

giphy.gif

I honestly blame that one on the designers. Menus that only have a color variance to indicate your selection, when there are only 2 choices, is bad UI. I remember that was something that had to be changed in one of the Skullgirls beta versions.

That's true. If you're obsessed with the idea of a "minimalist" design aesthetic, you at least need to also make the highlighted button grow slightly larger or give it a drop shadow to make it "pop" more or something.

Personally, I think ultra-minimalist UI is for Apple nerds and is going out of style, so fuck it, put an actual outline around the selected option.

I honestly blame that one on the designers. Menus that only have a color variance to indicate your selection, when there are only 2 choices, is bad UI. I remember that was something that had to be changed in one of the Skullgirls beta versions.

While a poor UI choice I still think it was plenty obvious which option the selector was on. The other was a softer tone, closer to the background, which to me registers as not selected. Matt seemed to catch it as well as he asked if Woolie was sure of the option he made.

I think Liam and Woolie are experimenting with just recording their voices and putting it over video of other people's LPs. Genius, really.

Edit: Also is it normal for people to call P.N.03 by its long name? I've always referred to it by the abbreviation, "Pee-en-oh-three" which ends up sounding sorta like "Piano-3". Would have probably prevented their confusion of calling it Product Number 9 (which would be wrong anyway because they're ignoring the Zero in the title).

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Man you know the bad thing about this podcast, its almost too good.
You know why? Because none of them remembered the "YOU NEVER HEARD ABOUT DEATH NOTE?" When they talked about japanese animes turned into U.S. productions.

Top Bottom