• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Sou Da

Shit I was just about to post that. The GBO Pokemon video I mean.

Is Liam literally sucking the weight out of Woolie? He looks like hes on his way to becoming a wealthy 17th century frenchman or something.

Has anyone tried out the new Hyper Light Drifter? After AverageRodentPoop's review of it, I kinda turned away, but a stable 60fps might be just what that game needs.

Sou Da

Pure hypothetical: Would it be morally wrong for one to to commission a NTR doujin of GBO and Woolie?

Like Woolie just walks in on him giving Faora a spinning piledriver.

"He's just sooooo much better than you in every waaaaay ahhhn~

Frimaire

Pure hypothetical: Would it be morally wrong for one to to commission a NTR doujin of GBO and Woolie?

Like Woolie just walks in on him giving Faora a spinning piledriver.

"He's just sooooo much better than you in every waaaaay ahhhn~

Anything involving NTR is morally wrong.

Edzi

I wonder if the guys will be coming down to PSX this year. I got to meet Liam last year, and it'd be cool if there could be some kind of SBFP meetup or something during the weekend.

Strimei

Tonight's 9pm video is the part of the last stream with Liam playing RE7.

I was actually gonna watch it on twitch so this is useful. This should be interesting~

(Also for those that care, both Plague and german spy are in this too)

Duplolas

Banned
Can someone tell me if Liam is still a rising star or an arisen star?

He's been rising for awhile if he is still rising.

If he is arisen, can someone tell me the exact video he reached ascension?

Strimei

Matt: "But...to be fair, everything that's in this demo, these characters, whoever, right now there's no connection to anything remotely Resident Evil. Or if there is, I'm not aware of it."

I guess Matt never saw the photo of the copter with Umbrella's logo or the call from Ada, huh?

edit: Liam actually jumped at his own shadow in the game.

edit 2: Good lord I am wanting to tear my hair out over how they're not looking that closely at stuff. C'mon guys! If a bunch of drunk idiots (the Scary Game Squad) can figure this stuff out, you can! Though I do like how Plague and Spy are trying to help them and are being completely ignored, and so start talking about random shit.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif

joe2187

Banned
Holy shit the first Shitstorm game was super strong

I was tense from beginning to end.

No monsters or ghosts, no psychos or demons.

but fuck If I wasn't turning on the lights in my bedroom.

Edzi

Holy shit the first Shitstorm game was super strong

I was tense from beginning to end.

No monsters or ghosts, no psychos or demons.

but fuck If I wasn't turning on the lights in my bedroom.

Bah, I hate vessel. I don't wanna be the "spoilers" guy, but man does it suck when half the thread is talking about videos that won't be out for most of us until 3 days later.

Fat4all

Banned
Bah, I hate vessel. I don't wanna be the "spoilers" guy, but man does it suck when half the thread is talking about videos that won't be out for most of us until 3 days later.

I justify paying the $20 a year because I have multiple people I watch on there. Besides SBF, I also get Cooking with Dog and Nostalgia Critic videos earlier.

It's not really noticeable that I'm a subscriber outside of events like The Shitstorm when I'm all "I WANT THESE VIDEOS NOWNOWNOWNOWNOW".

It'd be hard to justify Vessel for me because SBF is the only group on there worth a damn to me, other than maybe Linus Tech Tips but his quality has tanked hard since I started watching him.

JC Sera

It'd be hard to justify Vessel for me because SBF is the only group on there worth a damn to me, other than maybe Linus Tech Tips but his quality has tanked hard since I started watching him.
I could only justify it after nostalgia critic also joined.
I also share my account login with my boyfriend.

Is it weird I have no plan or desire to subscribe to Vessel but would have paid more to support a SBF Patreon had they kept their videos only to a single schedule on their website/youtube?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Is it weird I have no plan or desire to subscribe to Vessel but would have paid more to support a SBF Patreon had they kept their videos only to a single schedule on their website/youtube?
I don't think they are professionals in a way like other youtubers are to even consider a patreon. Like have they ever gone into detail on the vessel thing? Im sure the average fan doesn't know. I know they joke about, "hitting the unsubscribe buttton", but I feel like having an ad for vessel wouldnt be too bad right about now.

I don't think they are professionals in a way like other youtubers are to even consider a patreon. Like have they ever gone into detail on the vessel thing? Im sure the average fan doesn't know. I know they joke about, "hitting the unsubscribe buttton", but I feel like having an ad for vessel wouldnt be too bad right about now.

Not that they've ever gone into detail about it, but from what Matt has occasionally said on the podcast, I infer that it's another Machinima deal that does well for them. They've said multiple times to just watch their content wherever you can, so maybe things are split somewhat evenly, or are close enough that they don't feel like they should be pushing the whole Vessel thing.

That said, Vessel hasn't been brought up by that many youtubers, even the ones that are on Vessel. So who knows?

Not that they've ever gone into detail about it, but from what Matt has occasionally said on the podcast, I infer that it's another Machinima deal that does well for them. They've said multiple times to just watch their content wherever you can, so maybe things are split somewhat evenly, or are close enough that they don't feel like they should be pushing the whole Vessel thing.

That said, Vessel hasn't been brought up by that many youtubers, even the ones that are on Vessel. So who knows?

I think from whenever they started the vessel videos they said it was a Machinima thing and that they were going to stick with it for a year and see how it goes (Any idea when they started?). I've never really understood how the payment system of vessel works, given that the subscription covers all of vessel so somehow they get paid based on views or some other pre-negotiated amount? That and I don't really understand the point of paying to watch early access when you still get the videos at a set schedule. The subscription basically lets you pay to watch six videos early then you are back to the schedule.

While I'm unsure of the revenue difference between a view on youtube versus a view on the website, as I've said in the past I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to watch stuff on the site if people knew it provided a larger revenue given they don't want to run a patreon. Of course, that would probably mean the video player would require changing, which I've never had any issues with but I know people complain about and a bit of a revamp of the site in general (Might cause issues as I believe the player is provided by the website creators/ad providers). Right now there's a lot of inconsistency of videos that get added to playlists and things that don't. Also using the CAB playlist takes you to a 404 page. Just a few small probems

Anung

Un Rama

Totally. Especially since the shitstorm is the only thing I've been looking forward to from these guys in months.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Well I haven't heard about other youtubers thought about Vessel, but I will be sure sure to ask them about it Id I ever meet them at a Con. Or I could just ask my jojo question that never got answered. But lets be real here, there is certainly have been a number of drops in the amount of life action videos skits or pre wrtitten jokes they have made that are now relegated to podcast vids and opening con vids. Maybe I'm just salty about missing out on the machinima vids because navigating machinima's 100 channels is shit...

Like sure showing their faces has been moved to the podcast vids and con videos, but when is the Cereal mystery finally gonna be asnwered? Is oops all berries good or not?
jk

explodet

I'm late to the Omikron party, just started it, and my god I am lost deep in the uncanny valley.
No wonder they're all falling apart.

Top Bottom