• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Strimei

Some spotty audio in tonight's shitstorm (though at least there's full game audio), but already scared Pat badly so this is good.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I heard it described as Call of Duty with wider levels and that is kind of the straw the turned me away from buying it for now. I really don't like Call of Duty's style of campaigns, mostly cause they feel more like roller coasters than actual levels.

Menitta

I heard it described as Call of Duty with wider levels and that is kind of the straw the turned me away from buying it for now. I really don't like Call of Duty's style of campaigns, mostly cause they feel more like roller coasters than actual levels.

It controls like Call of Duty, but it actually has level design instead of hyper guided corridors. It's like Vanquish Call of Duty DOOM.

Squishy3

Titanfall 2 campaign is legit great, yeah. Minor spoilers (like the third or fourth level) but if you want to be sold on it:

press mouse 3 to time travel

Could they be running out of time in the "why are we just dying" part? Wasn't there a timer on the bombs?

Edit: Yeah, look at the counter on the top of the screen.

oh now the game just broke, and there goes Pat. rip you strange little leprechaun.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think I'd quite like a full Alan Wake LP. Really enjoyed that video.

I wonder what the LP will be at the end of this month. Hope its good as they need to start putting out stuff I'd like to actually watch.

Here are three upcoming LPs that have been confirmed, probably starting at the end of this month:

Sonic Unleashed
Killer Instinct: Shadow Lords
Silent Hill 3

This comes from the PRGE Panel & Q&A.

Edzi

This "lol it's omikron I don't need to have good audio" shit isn't cute.

You're referring to Pat, right? Tbh, that's kinda the most embarrassing thing I've ever heard him say. As a content creator, you're supposed to care a little more than not at all about the quality of what you're putting out. I initially thought he might just be joking, but his comment on Twitter where he said he didn't realize people would care was just absurd.

Any of ye been keeping up with spooky cookies channel? The guy who makes those great compilations of the SBFP LPs.
He's been making some pretty weird videos recently which looks to be a ARG puzzle thing using mainly Pat, kind of creepy not gonna lie.
https://youtu.be/j_FAyG7efxU
This is the first of 7 videos so far, getting more intense as it goes on.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Any of ye been keeping up with spooky cookies channel? The guy who makes those great compilations of the SBFP LPs.
He's been making some pretty weird videos recently which looks to be a ARG puzzle thing using mainly Pat, kind of creepy not gonna lie.
https://youtu.be/j_FAyG7efxU
This is the first of 7 videos so far, getting more intense as it goes on.

So, here's something. I'm not a frequent Let's Play watcher, but Two Best Friends is basically the only LP'er I watch with any consistency (but even then, I only check up on their stuff every once in a while). I don't know if this ARG is anything or nothing, but I think I cracked one part of it.

In the third video, there's reversed audio and video timestamps. I haven't checked the timestamps yet, but the reversed slowed-down dialogue with noise on top of it is from Pat saying "I don't want to play Zero," and then Matt saying, "Everyone bug Pat to play Zero!". The thing is, I actually know what video it's from. I don't know the exact part, but they 100% said it in their Evil Within LP, I only watched from Chapter 6 to Chapter 7 of the LP so somewhere around there.

However, I'm wondering if this is building up to them playing Silent Hill 3, since that's a confirmed LP, and the music at the end of Videos 4, the beginning of 5 are both from Silent Hill.

Actually, the further these videos go, the more and more there's stuff from Silent Hill 3, so I'm guessing it's teasing their SH3 LP?

Strimei

Matt said on twitch that Omikron may be over.

They're going to try one more time to get past the bug, but if it doesn't work after 30 minutes, they're going to quit.

He also said they are not using someone else's save file, least for right now.

Also Matt and Woolie may do Batman's Telltale game when its all done.

And Matt's likely to be the one playing for Detroit.

They're going to try one more time to get past the bug, but if it doesn't work after 30 minutes, they're going to quit.

Little did we know babby Matt QA'd Omikron with the intent of having the game be unfinishable

Oh shit, I completely forgot that TT batman game even existed. Anyone know if it's any good? Or is it just another TT game?

Little did we know babby Matt QA'd Omikron with the intent of having the game be unfinishable
Is that the longest work ever? Feels like it is.

The backdown! It'd have been so easy to just have a friend or viewer send a save that's not encountering the bug.

Top Bottom