• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Pat needs to stop using the word 'best' to describe things. I would not call Havel's Ring better than Favor and Protection. Nor the Black Knight's Shield better than Grass Crest Shield, though maybe not for Woolie since they don't seem to be going for a two-hand build. Also I may be misremembering but I think Silver Knight Shield offered more overall?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Thread 19: We fuck eachother in the mouths here

Thread 19: Please don't ask us about all the blackface

Thread 19: Fuck Log Horrizon

Thread 19(If we get here after Matt returns): Is this the will of The Boss?

I'm tired don't judge me.

Xux

Three-Fifths of a Thread could be a good send off to Liam. People will come in and say, "Why did he leave? Is it because he's racist?"

And we'd be, like, "No, it's because he was a whole friend and it was his time. And you can still watch his streams at twitchdottvslashrisingsuperstream because we are still a family and I'm not crying; you're crying."

let's maybe not reference blackface in the thread title

took long enough to get you guys back, it's better that we not scare off any other potential posters

my vote is either to ! THREAD CURSED ! or Three-Fifths.

Silver Knight Shield is better in every way outside of slightly less fire resist yeah

I sort of feel like Fire Resist is mostly for PVP, anyway.

Trying to shield through dragon breath or standing on lava doesn't really work, anyway, so the practical value of it in pure PVE is pretty questionable. I guess it's potentially useful against, like, the one or maybe two Pyromancer NPC invaders? (Xanthos King Jeremiah and I believe one other.)

I guess is also sort of works in Lost Izalith but the enemies there are all durdly as hell and shouldn't require using a shield against, anyway.

Edzi

...wow. Yeah guys are really running out of content at this point, huh?

I was thinking the other day, that Liam left at a really bad time. I wonder how much warning he gave Matt and the others. Could've hung around for a bit longer and not leave things running on fumes like it is right now.

Pat and Matt focusing on solo streams is also kind of a bad look for the channel tbh.

...wow. Yeah guys are really running out of content at this point, huh?

I was thinking the other day, that Liam left at a really bad time. I wonder how much warning he gave Matt and the others. Could've hung around for a bit longer and not leave things running on fumes like it is right now.
Been thinking the same thing. I know Woolie knew Liam was leaving by the end of the Command Mission LP, but I feel like there might've been opportunities to fit in a few Woolie/Liam and/or Pat/Liam one-offs/Mystery Boxes before he finished recording Command Mission.

That said, RE7 is coming next week, IIRC, so Matt should be returning from his vacation and helping revive the channel.

Strimei

Pat and Matt focusing on solo streams is also kind of a bad look for the channel tbh.

I admit to feeling a bit worried about things overall. And seeing how people throw money at them in streams (or at least Pat since he's the only one I watch of the guys streaming), I can understand it, but it does kinda feel like the channel is starting to suffer a bit.

Been thinking the same thing. I know Woolie knew Liam was leaving by the end of the Command Mission LP, but I feel like there might've been opportunities to fit in a few Woolie/Liam and/or Pat/Liam one-offs/Mystery Boxes before he finished recording Command Mission.

That said, RE7 is coming next week, IIRC, so Matt should be returning from his vacation and helping revive the channel.

Yeah, feel he should've done a few more things just to help pad things out. I can understand that he likely wanted to get going with his own channel/streams/work as soon as possible, and a person is allowed to leave when they want, but personally, in his place, I would've waited a bit longer to leave, just for Matt to return or at least, as you said, make a bit more content before leaving.

Almost done with the Third Strike video and wanted to give a shout out to Billy for putting the names of who's playing who on top of their life bars. I've wanted something like that since they started FNF.

Menitta

Remember the first fisticuffs with just Woolie and Pat? Someone here said "I thought they'd just do 3rd Strike." You called it.

They still haven't played Arm Joe! The Les Mis fighting game! YES THAT'S A THING!!

Meh. Not really interested in watching them play the same fighting game again. I watch FNF/SMS to see them scrape the bottom of the barrel or expose me to new games. Not to see semi-competitive play between them.

Man y'all are fucking depressing sometimes, you know?

It's Pat and Woolie and they've been enjoyable for most of the stuff they've put out on their own. Third Strike is a solid watch when it's just the two of them.

Menitta

It's Pat and Woolie and they've been enjoyable for most of the stuff they've put out on their own. Third Strike is a solid watch when it's just the two of them.

I'll never be upset at 3rd Strike! I just want ARM JOE!!!

Edit: I would expect another saltybet tbh.

Strimei

To be fair I don't normally watch FNF anyway unless its a fighting game I really like or its a bad game (and thus be a SMS), but I just feel that things are running dry a bit.

I mean, they've had some of Matt's regular streaming just chopped up for videos, a number of one-offs, a "best of" compilation of an LP that itself wasn't entirely enjoyed by many, and now a replay of a game.

I'm glad they're enjoying themselves and I am enjoying other things (both the actual running LPs), but it just feels like the channel is a bit aimless otherwise right now.

I may be a bit of an outlier in thinking this, though. Checking the subreddit I don't see anyone being down about it. I dunno, maybe I"m thinking too much about it.

I've been perfectly satisfied with the LPs and one-offs. I just watch them for commentary that's often humorous or with an interesting anecdote. But when they play fighting games that they're somewhat competitive at (at least among themselves) then the commentary seems to dip, and is often quite boring. I get nothing from watching the actual matches between them. When they play garbage they at least can entertain me with their lambasting since they're not taking it seriously.

Fat4all

Banned
New 2Snacks update video!

January Update

Fantastic video all around, semi-finalizes what roles Woolie and Liam will be playing in future "Best Sisters Play", and also hints at a project 2Snacks is working on for SBFP (maybe a new intro?). Glad to see the patreon move has been working out for 2Snacks, and these update videos are very well made.

The list of potential Two Best Sisters Play future episodes is tempting as well. MGSV, Dark Souls, Shitstorm, XBL Indie Games (maybe), all the greatest hits.

Also, lol at the
Rich Evans
pony.

Anung

Un Rama
The funny thing is that during this period I've watched more of their new LP's than the last 8 months. I like the DS LP and the Parasite Eve 2 LP a lot. Can't say that about the channels output for a long time.

Honestly unless Matt's attitude has changed I doubt him coming back will magically save the channel. Him phoning it in/lack of interest for the last year odd is one of the reasons I stopped watching.

Man, I'm proper worried about this RE7 LP. Double blinds are meh but couple that with it being a Resi LP (something I hold in high esteem) and one with stealth elements, these guys suck at stealth games and patient stealth mechanics don't make for good LP material, I can't see this one being that great. I know day one hype views but I wish they'd wait a few months.

Billy coming on as an editor was a year too late imo. Honestly I just wouldn't blame them for ditching the whole thing and going stream. Pat and Paige could really make a run of it with way less work and Matt's going enough fans to live comfortably off it.

joe2187

Banned
New 2Snacks update video!

January Update

Fantastic video all around, semi-finalizes what roles Woolie and Liam will be playing in future "Best Sisters Play", and also hints at a project 2Snacks is working on for SBFP (maybe a new intro?). Glad to see the patreon move has been working out for 2Snacks, and these update videos are very well made.

The list of potential Two Best Sisters Play future episodes is tempting as well. MGSV, Dark Souls, Shitstorm, XBL Indie Games (maybe), all the greatest hits.

Also, lol at the
Rich Evans
pony.

How can one man have all this (pony) power....

seriously dude is a magical beast that he can produce fucking AAA studio quality animated YT vids, and he does it as a hobby.

Give that man a budget!

Strimei

Pat says to expect the RE7 LP to start Wednesday or Thursday.

edit: Wonder if Pat will remember to have Woolie reverse his hollowing in the depths so he can get invaded by Kirk.

Top Bottom