• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens S2 |OT| We're Back, Idiot Hookers -Tuesdays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

And im out.
Fast forward through the entire episode to make sure the Chad death wasn't BS and then get hit with Denise's death?
Fastest a show has ever gone from a favorite to dropping it.

I wonder if she is actually dead or not. Might as well give it another episode

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh God I just caught up on the episode. Season is getting better and better. Fuck me. Denise was so goddamn hot tonight. WHYYYYY

And im out.
Fast forward through the entire episode to make sure the Chad death wasn't BS and then get hit with Denise's death?

No offense but as far as horror whodunits go...people complained that SQ and Scream never killed anyone important. Now that SQ is doing it, it's a problem? I love Chad. I love Denise. But this is great. Show isn't playing around at all.

No offense but as far as horror whodunits go...people complained that SQ and Scream never killed anyone important. Now that SQ is doing it, it's a problem? I love Chad. I love Denise. But this is great. Show isn't playing around at all.
Only reasons I stuck with the show in the first place. #3 is like the only other character I remotely care to watch and even then she is a huge step down.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Only reasons I stuck with the show in the first place. #3 is like the only other character I remotely care to watch and even then she is a huge step down.

Oh in that case, yeah I get it. Personally I love the entire show, characters, locations... everything.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Good on them for actually sticking with Chad's death (assuming they don't have a twist later on where it's revealed that he's really alive after all). Not so convinced that Denise and #5 are gonners though.

W-00

I was distracted at a few points this episode, so somebody tell me: Were there.. any deaths this episode besides Libby/Denise? I mean, besides the
Radwells, which I don't believe actually happened because it's all a trick
but anyways that happened offscreen so it doesn't count.

Because if there wasn't, then one of them has to be gone...

Oh, I do not like this whole killing-off-returning-characters thing that's going on.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Too little Zayday this episode
Maybe because she's the green meany!

Oh man, I need #3 to hang around me dressed as death all the time.
zTpRW3b.jpg

And im out.
This is only the fourth episode (of 13, I assume) . . . shit's getting real and you're bailing?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Catching up, on Episode 3 right now. It's interesting that Dr. Cascade is such an astute diagnostician, but he doesn't realize that he has Cotard's syndrome. #HeSoDead #NotYetButSoon

The Southwest airlines joke killed me.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Blue Chanel is a fetish I didn't even know I had. Haha

"My body type is Woman. And yours is... malnourished Victorian paperboy."

Oh my god, that might be the funniest line I've ever heard in the show.

Jhoan

Worst, no more role play flashbacks with Chad. Double lost.
Those flashbacks were comedic gold. The Ouija board scene was hilarious.

Perma dead season 1 characters or not, I'm gonna stick with the show to the very end since the writing has been fantastic. Plus with Hester loose and wreaking havoc, it's getting good.

W-00

This is only the fourth episode (of 13, I assume) . . . shit's getting real and you're bailing?

We weren't all lured in by the promise of a slasher series. Some of us came for the comedy - Denise's line in the previews about them being half-naked and the sorts of things that happen to them in situations like that (I looked for the exact quote, couldn't find it) was what sold me on the series.

One of the things I liked most about the first season was that none of the characters we were supposed to really like died. The only remotely emotional deaths were Sam, Earl (just because he knew his friend had killed him), and Caulfield (because he didn't let the loss of his arms get to him, and because of how solemnly Chad reacted). The deaths were, for the most part, part of the humor.

But now they're killing off characters that we like. The humor-horror ratio has been thrown off. It's only natural that some of the people who liked the tone of the first season would be put off by the change.

As for me, I'm still in. For now. If they kill off Sadie, I'm out. And even if she isn't killed off, if Chad is really dead AND the killer gets away with it again I won't be back for a hypothetical third season.

Bladenic

Was that Katy Perry??

Who was Denise supposed to be?

Best episode in the series? Hilarious.

I hope they're both dead. Although Denise's death was kind of lame because earlier she kicked ass and now she just stands around but it was a comedic death so whatever.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Denise NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!

I'm gonna miss all those topical Quantico name drops now :(

Bladenic

I wonder if they're killing off characters because they probably know this season will be final since the ratings are a huge dumpster fire. Nobody watches this show.

Grizzlyjin

I wonder if they're killing off characters because they probably know this season will be final since the ratings are a huge dumpster fire. Nobody watches this show.

I just assumed it had more to do with their availability. Chad and Denise weren't mentioned as being main characters and the actors are listed as special guests for the episodes. Seemed like the probability of them either dying or riding off into the sunset in a permanent way was high.

What does that help, to push the small audience away even faster?

There's no helping a show on a non-CW broadcast network that is pulling a 0.6 demo. There's just no reason for the writers to hold back from doing anything they want since it would be insane for Fox to renew this again.

Bladenic

What does that help, to push the small audience away even faster?

Fact is that this show would've never even been renewed if not for Ryan Murphy since the first season had horrible ratings too. So I think the writers said fuck it and just went all in this season. Although Chanel #5 could still be alive and they have just been killing off Special Guest Stars albeit fan favorites.

Grizzlyjin

God, that last article is obnoxiously written. Almost incomprehensible. I did a double take in the episode when I saw their Katy Perry lookalike though.

I completely forgot Ariana Grande was on this show in Season 1 hehe. Feels like a million years ago

Just caught up.

Chad.
Dead?

I'm both happy and sad. Happy because this shows the show is willing to do that, but sad because it was my Chad-Chad.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
faves being killed aside, one of the best episodes of the show
so fucking funny

I still see Hester as Rachel Barry so that just makes it funnier for me

faves being killed aside, one of the best episodes of the show
so fucking funny

I still see Hester as Rachel Barry so that just makes it funnier for me
Yup I always see her as Rachel in everything she's in.

I love this show but if they kill off Chanel #1 I couldn't continue watching, she makes this show for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom