• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Pic of next Nox skin:

dSQEXtk.png

Also on stream it has been said that she will getting a rekit in the pacth after Ratataskor.

She better fucking get a blind, lol.

Also I think I'm done with Assault too. 90% of people I get teamed with are complete idiots. It's one thing to not know your god, that's fine, but just to play dumb and tower/team dive or build like shit is another.

People who don't reroll should be slapped.

Kssio_Aug

If you like HotS I would give Smite a try. It's a bit more complex and engaging than HOTS, but not super insane like dota. Really the camera angle completely changes the feel of the genre.

Also unlike dota but like HOTS, Smite has varied maps with different gameplay types. It's not quite as varied as HOTS, but they're all different. You don't have to just play 5v5 MOBA style like Dota. There's an arena brawler map, 3v3, 4v4, 1v1, and a 5v5 all random character mode. All the maps play differently and have a different set of rules.

There's also an event mode that changes periodically that can be fun too.

It's worth checking out I think.

Thanks a lot! I will download the XB1 closed beta version!

It's not about rerolling when you are good or decent at a god, it's about rerolling when you're awful then complain when no one trades you.

Also people that don't have the god pack and play Assault annoy me a bit too.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
summer event rewards

1st Reward
Aphrodite skin

2nd Reward
Summer Pedestal, beach thematic

3rd Reward
Announcer pack (Name is revealed, but Hi-Rez wanted it to have under secret as they asked nicely)
The Announcer pack gonna be awesome, just saying.. Keep up the hype until they
reveal!

4th Reward
Firework emote? Looks like this item won’t be a reward anymore as it isn’t in PTS, maybe they switched to buy it.

5th Reward
Anhur skin (That future themed skin) and it will be Limited edition. I suppose this mean we won’t be able to get it in the future, as thanatos and poolseidon skin.

It has also been datamined that there will be a new CUpid and Geb skin. The cupid one is called Honey Bee Cupid.

Not much info on the Geb one put people think it may be a summer one.

Aaron

Had three straight wins in assault today already. You should definitely re-roll depending on your team comp, or you get one of the few gods that are total shit in assault. You might be able to play them well, but you'd be better with a better god.

I'm just gonna stick to Assault.

arf

Have fun watching the 5 hunter team win with you not being able to do anything about it. (apart from buy shield of the underworld)

But I got a bit burnt out and switched back to planetside because I was only playing assault and there is only so much depth to enjoy in that mode.

Special C

I won a 400 gem code on reddit, unfortunately I play on Xbox and didn't realize it was a PC only code. Anyone have a similar code for Xbox and want to trade?

Indignate

What an awful team they got.

People don't understand the importance of having someone tank up in Assault. If the other team gets Heartward/Sov and your team doesn't, you will get starved the fuck out.

Even without the traditional Warrior/Guardian, someone on that team should have went straight tanky. Probably still wouldn't have won, but would have gave them more of a chance.

I wanted to master Loki so I could use him in Joust 1v1 so I've started to run him in arena.

He is so cheap, I feel dirty playing him...

Special C

its worth it one of the best deals for a moba all current heroes plus all future ones

Its a really good deal. I got it for sale when it was 19.99 and it even transferred to the Xbox version which I play now. The only problem is that it doesn't leave much to spend favor on since all the premium skins are gems only. You can buy the T1 and golden/legendary skins with favor though.

drotahorror

Its a really good deal. I got it for sale when it was 19.99 and it even transferred to the Xbox version which I play now. The only problem is that it doesn't leave much to spend favor on since all the premium skins are gems only. You can buy the T1 and golden/legendary skins with favor though.

A full Diamond skin costs a ton of favor. I think it's like 39500 to buy the diamond (since you have to get gold and legendary too). Would hate to know that I had to buy gods with it if I wanted Diamond skins and whatnot as well.

Ratatoskr's Dev Insight page is up.

I wanted to master Loki so I could use him in Joust 1v1 so I've started to run him in arena.

He is so cheap, I feel dirty playing him...

In my experience, Loki is only as good as the enemy team allows. If they are unorganized you will run wild on them. But if they communicate well, your ass is getting focused every time you attempt a gank, and it sucks. It's all about keeping an eye on him (and Ao Kuang).

Special C

So how do I get the borders and the stats on the cards that show at the beginning? I've gotten Ra up to IV but no portrait flair. I haven't bought the gold skin due to having Solar Sentinel. Do I have the buy the skin to get the border?

In my experience, Loki is only as good as the enemy team allows. If they are unorganized you will run wild on them. But if they communicate well, your ass is getting focused every time you attempt a gank, and it sucks. It's all about keeping an eye on him (and Ao Kuang).

Possible. The other team had a Loki too in my last match and he died almost as many times as he got kills even though it didn't seem like we were that organized.

Looking at smiteguru it says we had a 3 man group in our team so it's possible they were communicating between each other. I was probably just paying too much attention to who was low health so I could pick them off.

Why all the hate bro? Neith isn't all that bad, nor is she really that good. Kind of a mid-level hunter in my opinion.
It's mostly in jest lol. However I think she's probably the dullest god in the game. Very visually unappealing. She has some of the worst skill effects in the game. Her kit is just meh.

I'm not saying she's OP or UP, she's just fucking boring.

EDIT: I would just like to see her animations get an overhaul so that she at least "feels" fun to play.

Rizzi

So Bastet is like, the most overpowered character ever.
And I wish people did more than just play arena. It's impossible to find a match of conquest on the Australian servers after 9pm. :(

So Bastet is like, the most overpowered character ever.

I don't think you can say she's OP. She does have a pretty decent power spike at lv5 thanks to her cats (like Bakasura) but they become nothing more than a nuisance later on.

If you're having problems with her or her cats grabbing sprint will help.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
sniping a mercury during mid dash of his ult with a rama ult is so amazing so much so that right when you do it it will crash to back to the lobby and give you fucked up looking buttons

Artemis is the shit.

I hadn't played her for a while, since I had been focusing on mastering other hunters (Hou Yi, Medusa) and usually my go-to hunter is Xbalanque. I decided to give Artemis a shot yesterday and it was so much fun. She is the late-game boxing champion. I was getting worked pretty bad in the beginning of the match because their Ah Puch and Bellona were causing us big problems (fuck Ah Puch — he can chunk 80% of my HP before I even get near him). But later on my team somehow got our shit together and started winning teamfights. Once I built my 4th item (Rage) I went from getting harassed all game to dominating everyone in boxing fights. I absolutely destroyed the enemy Apollo + Medusa duo in a 2 v 1 fight. Those late-game crits are too real. Awesome comeback victory.

Iceman829

Just going to dump a couple of xbox one beta keys for this game here.

3MRQW-CCD4M-CWYGX-7QHXP-DH77Z
XCC23-XWQ6Y-VHHWD-HKW3C-PFRCZ

Top Bottom