• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So did Nintendo forgot the Submarine demo?

Stryder

My impression of it was that just of a demo, to display the potential of the DS's capabilities.
To me it didn't really seem characteristic of a game that Nintendo would follow through and create.

jarrod

Banned
Stryder said:
My impression of it was that just of a demo, to display the potential of the DS's capabilities.
To me it didn't really seem characteristic of a game that Nintendo would follow through and create.
I would've said the same of Baloon Trip....

jarrod said:
I would've said the same of Baloon Trip....

Yeah but baloon trip ended up being a kind of platformer. The Submarine game could'nt be anything else than that, a submarine game.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

This is how every game starts!! But yes, this game should be released. The EAD guys were saying how it was the most played game inside the offices.

ge-man

akascream said:
I want to remember Miyamoto was proud of it or something. I bet we see it again in some form or another.

It was Miyamoto's favorite game for the DS IIRC. Like jarrod mentioned, Ballon Trip looked like nothing more than demo thing and that has been fleshed out. A submarine game would has even bigger potentional.

Imagine wireless/online Battleship style battles using the system in that demo. That would be seriously hawt.

Stryder

Oooh ok, I didn't know this ^^

But, a Nintendo submarine sim?? I dunno.. eh, I guess it's up to them what they want to make, it just seems out of character to me, especially thinking back on what the graphics looked like, they looked semi-realistic and.. that just seems out of place within what they make IMO.

jarrod

Banned
I wonder if they'll try to somehow combine the game with the canned Echo Delta on N64 (Clever Trick's underwater RTS)?

nintendo_screen002.jpg

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Jarrod: Good memory! :)

I'd love to see more RTS games on the DS -- it's a genre that is perfectly suited to the platform -- and an underwater one seems like a fresh take on things.

MASB

Certainly the submarine game being a demo doesn't mean it won't become a game eventually as Nintendo has proved more than once in the past. Hopefully they'll follow through as it seems like it's a theme they could do alot with. Perhaps using Echo Delta as a base would be interesting.

Top Bottom