• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who is your favorite Digimon?

KarasuEXE

Flamedramon.gif

All of Veemon's digievolutions are awesome.

I remember that Digimon Our war game finale with Omnimon blew my mind has a kid. It's either Omnimon or Imperialdramon.
tumblr_mxxj8yRkUN1rydud2o1_400.gif

Also has a kid in 2000/2001 I had never seen animation so amazing. I must have watched that movie like a billion times.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nah man, from what I've seen, people always hated that MetalGarurumon went back to a quadruped after WereGarurumon. MetalGarurumon X appears to be an acknowledgement of that.

Besides, WereGarurumon's a Perfect in a show that includes his Ultimate, of course he's not going to be as visible, neither is MetalGreymon.

That's what I meant. Were gets shafted because fuck that, we gonna warp and we jogress!

;_;

Actually, consider that Digimon, being digital entities made from data that are outright influenced by data from humanity that flows through digital devices. They weren't designed by some omnipotent god (there's no direct Arceus counterpart, the base framework in Digimon Tamers, at least, was developed as an open-source project by a bunch of university researchers, and only one of them continued to observe and guide the development of Digimon after the project was shut down, and ABC, ENIAC and Yggdrasil are never stated to have really influenced Digimon development) and the rules for their growth and evolution came together more or less randomly, without the constraints of nature. Hence why Digimon forms take influence from all sorts of things, many of them are quite humanoid, and why there is less direct visual continuity in many evolution lines, and why different universes in the franchise have different rules on certain things such as sexuality, the process of death and rebirth, and even evolution.

Depending on the series, sometimes Digital World is a parallel dimension rather than man-made, as seen in Savers. There's also X-Evolution, which sorta follows the Digimon lore bible so it has Yggdrassil as a god of sorts. In Xros Wars it's a parallel dimension with no god but you have a Digimon King title.

Solid Raiden

Neo Member
I loved Digimon back in the day. I didn't know it was still a thing. I only watched the first two generations. Agumon and his evolutions for life!

SegaShack

I meant the period where those digimon devices Bandai sold before the TV shows aired, at least that was the case in my country. I love ExTyrannomon design.
My man, I loved those battling devices. Looking it up I had the first version of it, which now sells for a lot of money. Wish I still had it, was a lot of fun.

That's what I meant. Were gets shafted because fuck that, we gonna warp and we jogress!

;_;

In the show WereGarurumon's shafted, but in the show and the fandom, MetalGarurumon's shafted. WarGreymon, as the other Ultimate, is heavily favored over him and fans favor WereGarurumon in the Gabumon line.

On the bright side, Omegamon means they can never completely ignore him.

Boss Doggie

In the show WereGarurumon's shafted, but in the show and the fandom, MetalGarurumon's shafted. WarGreymon, as the other Ultimate, is heavily favored over him and fans favor WereGarurumon in the Gabumon line.

On the bright side, Omegamon means they can never completely ignore him.

I guess I have a fandom to thank to make sure Were doesn't go obsolete, if you know what I mean.

Depends on versions though, some versions have Omegamon as is without the need for Jogress.

Skull Greymon
0H158qW.jpg

Or the classic Agumon.
7avxc5J.jpg

I love any dinosaur design (not entirely true (Bastiodon is gross), but most)

The designs are just so lovely.

Guilmon is love, Guilmon is life. He's a cute little puppy that when pissed off turns into a Dinosaur... then a mecha...dino...thing XD but then you've got Dukemon who is just all sorts of awesome.

Tamers is best season by far.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I got MANY favorites but alot of them have been mentioned already so I'm going to pick one that hasn't:

Cyberdramon.

It would be nice if Ryo Akiyama makes an appearance in Digimon Adventure 03.

Was Monster Rancher the one where you could put a cd in the Playstation and get new monsters? I had a neighbor that would play a game like that and I thought it was such a cool idea.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Was Monster Rancher the one where you could put a cd in the Playstation and get new monsters? I had a neighbor that would play a game like that and I thought it was such a cool idea.
Yeah that was Monster Rancher.

There's way too many for me to just pick a couple of, so here it goes.

Gazimon was always a favorite of mine as a kid, although I'm not sure exactly why.

I love Lilimon. Mimi was my favorite of the original Chosen Children, and Lilimon is Palmon's best form. She was so cute and had a great design. The episode where she first evolves is also my favorite episode of Adventure. I also really like BanchoLilimon's design, so it'd be awesome if she appeared in a proper game. Next Order seems like a good candidate with Palmon being a starter.

Of course, the best Bancho will always be BanchoLeomon. He has a great design and was the manliest character of all time. More recently, he was also a trooper for me in Re:Digitize, including beating the final boss. Truly a great Digimon.

Guilmon was awesome, of course. A cute design and voiced by Masako Nozawa. Dukemon is great for the same reason. He's my favorite of the Royal Knights, although Omegamon, Alphamon, Craniummon and UlforceV-dramon are great, too.

Vamdemon was the best villain of all time and I loved him. He also had a wonderful victory pose in Cyber Sleuth. LadyDevimon is awesome for so many reasons, and while Patamon is cool. Impmon and Beelzebumon were so great. I think everyone knows that Tsukaimon has more fun.

I could keep going for hours, but I have to stop somewhere. I probably have 100 Digimon who I could call a favorite.

latest

ToyAgumon, by far!

This thread reminded me of how amazing some Digimon designs are. Literally everything from Tamers (Guilmon, Renamon, Terriermon, Impmon, etc), Machinedramon, Lucemon Chaos Mode, Omnimon, SkullGreymon, Angewomon just to name a few.

Thinking about this just makes me so happy! :)

Digimon was a mistake, it's nothing but trash...
Gerbemon.jpg

So, I couldn't remember many Digimon and decided to look through a wiki to find the best one. My god, the variation in design-quality is ridiculous.

Everything from a nerdy tattoo design...
640px-Hubmon.png

...To a treehuggers underboob godess.
Ceresmon_medium.jpg

There's Poison Ivy,
Rosemon_X.jpg

Bayonetta,
Sistermon_noir_awaken_collectors.jpg

And edgy Ristar.
Darksuperstarmon.jpg

But in my quest I found the greatest,
Botamon.jpg

It's clearly the demon from Princess Mononoke!

No Digimon gave me more feels than Wizardmon. I was still traumatized from Dinobot's noble sacrifice in Beast Wars so when Wizardmon bit it I just wasn't prepared.

latest

Impmon comes at a close second - he had a really compelling, satisfying character arc and was one of the reasons S3 was so memorable to me.

latest

Syril

I remember that Digimon Our war game finale with Omnimon blew my mind has a kid. It's either Omnimon or Imperialdramon.
tumblr_mxxj8yRkUN1rydud2o1_400.gif

Also has a kid in 2000/2001 I had never seen animation so amazing. I must have watched that movie like a billion times.
Geez Mamoru Hosoda was doing the red outlines thing even back then.

Boss Doggie

I know it's fake, but considering how much Bandai shills Agumon like how Level 5 shills Jibanya I wouldn't be surprised if it comes true down the line lol

Hououmon

Hououmon.jpg

MetalSeadramon

B92A9271B.gif

MagnaAngemon

latest

Monochromon

latest

Deltamon

latest

Man there's so many good Digimon. Haven't been into the series since I was a kid though so can hardly remember any designs. Cannot wait for Cyber Sleuth to rediscover them all (though I'm not a fan of the setting tbh, you all need to buy it so we can get the new one that was announced).

Also why is the official art for Digimon so small? :(

Terriermon, entirely because of tamers.

Omnimon/Omegamon is also super rad.

No one should feel bad about saying Wargreymon. It's a generic answer because everyone knows he's fucking awesome.

I have always been bad at picking a single favourite, so I'll cheat and list one per attribute.

Data - Metalseadramon
5kGTXub.jpg

Virus - Beelzemon
I9ah0mD.jpg

Vaccine - Magnadramon/Holydramon
RJoRpxf.jpg

I'm still annoyed at the inconsistent localization of certain names.

You don't like SlushAngemon? :p

What gen or whatever you call it is this from?

Also how did the card game even work?

Digimon don't really have gens per se, but FunBeemon was designed in 2003 and the line has never made an anime appearance (as far as I know), though they show up in the manga, cards, and some of the games.

Waspmon(Champion/Adult), CannonBeemon(Ultimate/Perfect), and TigerVespamon(Mega/Ultimate) are in Cyber Sleuth, which is cool. Hopefully it gives them some much needed attention.

Boss Doggie

Yeah Digimon don't have gens. Usually there are "gimmick-based" Digimon (they were made specifically for the recent gimmick of the toy) but even then they eventually get retconned as their own mon/ignore the gimmick, and you even see mons released in-between (e.g. all those new mons after Xros Wars).

Top Bottom