• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

AE SPOILERS:
Man, Ishimaru's dad? I'm really curious about that.

Are you guys ready to GET YOUR GAME ON?!

XHfPyIy.png

Nice! I like the reasoning especially for Genesect. I'm also glad Usami got a nod.

PK Gaming

Are you guys ready to GET YOUR GAME ON?!

XHfPyIy.png

Porygon2: A member of the clan Porygon making it onto her team was a given, but the big question was which one deserved the spot? Porygon2 ultimately made the cut because like Chiaki, it's slow and analytic, but also fiercely competent when the time arises; morose than any of its brethren. It's also fondly reminiscent of a bygone era, in a similar sense to how Chiaki's character is prone to making people strangely nostalgic about their past gaming experiences.

Wigglytuff: She absolutely had to have something to rep her lil' sis Usami, but the problem is that most rabbit Pokémon suck eggs. Thus, PK helped me choose a critter that ticked all the right boxes: pink and white colouration, big ears, fairylike nature, and caring heart.

Genesect: Of course Chiaki would go out of her way to find a Pokémon that changes cartridges to change the properties of its attacks. The female Genesect in the most recent Pokémon movie also had a feminine voice akin to Chiaki's, so they'd probably have some pretty weird conversations, I'd imagine.

Musharna: Chiaki's a big ol' sleepyhead, but not in the same kind of way as say, Snorlax or Slaking. Musharna helped rep her narcoleptic tendencies and her ethereal, metahuman nature at the same time, so it ultimately made the cut over its drowsy cohorts.

Scrafty: Chiaki is cool and adorable. Scrafty is cool and adorable. Chiaki wears a hood. Scrafty wears a hood. Chiaki is fiercely protective of her friends. Scrafty is fiercely protective of its friends. IT ALL CONNECTS!

Mega Slowbro: I actually made the decision to put this fella on her team before it was suggested in the thread yesterday, so I'm happy that you guys see the connection without me having to explain it. Just like Chiaki, Slowbro is quiet and reserved as well as a bit, well, slow on the uptake, and yet both still manage to be great assets to their respective teams as well as possessing immense mental strength and fortitude. I think they'd get together like two peas in a pod.

That's all for today, folks! Tomorrow we'll do Byakuya Togami II since he received the second-highest number of votes, followed by runner-up Ibuki Mioda on Saturday!

Nanami_%2814%29.png

Hey hey!

It stands to reason that the Ultimate Best Character would have the Ultimate Best Team, right? Seriously, great work on the team setup, it rocks.

EDIT: Just realized you deliberately gave her 6 badges

;_;7

It was one of the best parts of the game. One of the turning moments of it where things finally started to ramp up.

Would be pretty interesting to see where they take this in the next mainline game. Imagine being able to play as the actual antagonist/mastermind at some point, the climax even, but not being able to see or know who it is. Now THAT would be true despair.

Yo, I finished this game a couple of days ago and I still can't stop thinking about it. Depending on how much I like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, this game may end up being my game of the year. Such an amazing game. Such a wonderful sequel. I need more.

Man this thread moves on so fast.

I want to discuss AE's trailer, but I'll spoiler tag it in case some people want to go into AE blind.

In this trailer,
what do you guys think of the person at around the 2:25 mark? He looks like Chihiro with glasses, but he is... you know, dead. I'm thinking that he is a new character, but I just can't shake this feeling that he looks like Chihiro. Furthermore, he was using a computer, which makes him even more interesting.

AE is looking better now. I think I'll spoil myself on the story when it comes out.

I'd really love to see Chihiro's brother, mostly because I love Chihiro.

Awesome post is awesome

Best girl gets best Pokemon (Scrafty). Now it's Fuyuhiko's turn, right? ;D

It's probably Chihiro's kid brother or something. AE seems to be introducing a bunch of family members of the characters. Hell, we even get Ishimaru's father! :]

Wait, what? Can you link me some image or something (so you don't have to post it here, in case someone doesn't want to see it)?

Rubedo

Yo, I finished this game a couple of days ago and I still can't stop thinking about it. Depending on how much I like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, this game may end up being my game of the year. Such an amazing game.

If Ultimax's story is better than DR2's, I will be massively impressed. And I say that as a huge Persona fan.

MSMrRound

Would be pretty interesting to see where they take this in the next mainline game. Imagine being able to play as the actual antagonist/mastermind at some point, the climax even, but not being able to see or know who it is. Now THAT would be true despair.

What would be really cool for me...is if they managed to implement a story/system which allows for different victims/murderers, e.g in-game variables that might lean one character towards murdering another person, which will strongly encourage replayability as well.

E.g everyone gets the same number of survivors. Would be cool if it was made in such a way that we might have different survivors in the end.

Yo, I finished this game a couple of days ago and I still can't stop thinking about it. Depending on how much I like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, this game may end up being my game of the year. Such an amazing game. Such a wonderful sequel. I need more.

I'd really love to see Chihiro's brother, mostly because I love Chihiro.

Best girl gets best Pokemon (Scrafty). Now it's Fuyuhiko's turn, right? ;D

Wait, what? Can you link me some image or something (so you don't have to post it here, in case someone doesn't want to see it)?

In my head I wanted to believe Persona Q was going to be mine, but there's just no way. Gameplay wise DR2 isn't my GOTY, in my mind that belongs to SAO:HF, put over 100hrs in the Asian version. Now story wise? DR2 takes the crown, hands down. I don't see any other game coming out this year that will be able to beat this game's plot and twists.

Meia

I'd imagine EVERYONE is like this. It's what made Hajime a great protagonist, as his emotions really reflect the person playing the game at moments like this. EVERYTHING about that scene is heart-rending, especially how Chiaki's the only one happy as you pan around to pick her as the traitor.

It's also why I give the game the nod over 1. There's just a lot more emotional weight in a scene like this compared to almost any moment in DR1.

Yup. After I finished chapter 5 I could physically feel the despair. I tried to make me a coffee but my hands were literally shaking.

And you know what's the worst thing about that execution? That last freaking tetris block. I thought "OH IT STOPPED. MAYBE SHE WON'T DIE, LIKE MAKOTO IN THE FIRST GAME". Nope. Despair. So much despair.

If Ultimax's story is better than DR2's, I will be massively impressed. And I say that as a huge Persona fan.

Same here. Ultimax is my most anticipated game this year, but man, DR2 is so good.

Only scans so far, so only despair so far for you.

You probably can find them on tumblr.

Oh well, I'll see what I can find. Can't wait for AE.

JNA

Banned
XHfPyIy.png

Porygon2: A member of the clan Porygon making it onto her team was a given, but the big question was which one deserved the spot? Porygon2 ultimately made the cut because like Chiaki, it's slow and analytic, but also fiercely competent when the time arises; morose than any of its brethren. It's also fondly reminiscent of a bygone era, in a similar sense to how Chiaki's character is prone to making people strangely nostalgic about their past gaming experiences.

Wigglytuff: She absolutely had to have something to rep her lil' sis Usami, but the problem is that most rabbit Pokémon suck eggs. Thus, PK helped me choose a critter that ticked all the right boxes: pink and white colouration, big ears, fairylike nature, and caring heart.

Genesect: Of course Chiaki would go out of her way to find a Pokémon that changes cartridges to change the properties of its attacks. The female Genesect in the most recent Pokémon movie also had a feminine voice akin to Chiaki's, so they'd probably have some pretty weird conversations, I'd imagine.

Musharna: Chiaki's a big ol' sleepyhead, but not in the same kind of way as say, Snorlax or Slaking. Musharna helped rep her narcoleptic tendencies and her ethereal, metahuman nature at the same time, so it ultimately made the cut over its drowsy cohorts.

Scrafty: Chiaki is cool and adorable. Scrafty is cool and adorable. Chiaki wears a hood. Scrafty wears a hood. Chiaki is fiercely protective of her friends. Scrafty is fiercely protective of its friends. IT ALL CONNECTS!

Mega Slowbro: I actually made the decision to put this fella on her team before it was suggested in the thread yesterday, so I'm happy that you guys see the connection without me having to explain it. Just like Chiaki, Slowbro is quiet and reserved as well as a bit, well, slow on the uptake, and yet both still manage to be great assets to their respective teams as well as possessing immense mental strength and fortitude. I think they'd get together like two peas in a pod.

That's all for today, folks! Tomorrow we'll do Byakuya Togami II since he received the second-highest number of votes, followed by runner-up Ibuki Mioda on Saturday!

Very nice! Very curious about the Imposter tomorrow. :D

Steel

Banned
Hinata_%289%29.png

Honestly, I was convinced Hajime was the traitor at this point and he simply didn't know it because of the memory thing. I was convinced to the point I half ignored what Chiaki was implying leading up to that. The realization came on even more suddenly because of that.

Well, you weren't wrong technically. Izuru was the one who came up with the plan to insert Junko into the game, so he technically betrayed everyone and forgot about it.

Rubedo

Well, you weren't wrong technically. Izuru was the one who came up with the plan to insert Junko into the game, so he technically betrayed everyone and forgot about it.

Is it a betrayal if all their real world counterparts probably wanted him to do that too?

FluxWaveZ

That's not really technically betraying anyone when that was everyone's plan from the start. The real "traitors" here were Chiaki and Usami, who were counter to the Ultimate Despairs' plan.

Steel

Banned
That's not really technically betraying anyone when that was everyone's plan from the start. The real "traitors" here were Chiaki and Usami, who were counter to the Ultimate Despairs' plan.

Well, they're betraying themselves technically, but you can still think of it as a betrayal all the same.

Top Bottom