• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

Mekaku City Actors 7
This show doesn't look well animated. Or it might just be me when I woke up and watched it. Whatever. More Ene is fine with me.

Captain Earth 8
Them panty hose, umph.

Mahouka 8
He can fly now. Great.

Nisekoi ended with such a lackluster and pointless ending that I can't even be mad. But at least Shaft is free now and we can see their full powers next week with Monogatari.

Meanwhile, Daimidaler continues to surprise. The twist is what it took to make the show at least interesting.
Its not like Nisekoi looked like Shaft made it in the latter half of the series lol

phaze

Nisekoi ended with such a lackluster and pointless ending that I can't even be mad. But at least Shaft is free now and we can see their full powers next week with Monogatari.

Isn't that delayed until August ?

Edit: Beaten like a Wenger.

Nisekoi 20

Pretty good episode after the lackluster ones lately. Raku is still the clueless idiot and Shu is a master troll.

Let's pray that S2 will be about Onodera and Marika forgetting Raku and getting it on.

CorvoSol

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 26

Fantastic episode. Pol Potaria's confrontation with Prince Kanjelman completely stole the show. It's incredible just how emotional the development of these two has been, given they were introduced in this arc and have concluded in it. Kanjelman himself is a stunning character. That there is no one in all the realm more progressive than him, and that he has lead the fundamentalists this whole time in an effort to destroy them and their ways is a scheme of Geass levels. Potaria's breakdown and revulsion that Kanjelman has spilt so much blood over this and Kanjelman's anguished declaration "I may well be damned for what I have done" makes their battle that much more beautiful. Potaria has enough reasons in his fight that he could have been the lead of a show all his own, but all this conflict of his with Monica and Kanjelman is but the framework for Chirico's own battle against the Society. And let me tell you, after seeing Chirico hounded from one corner of Melkia to the next by the Army and the Society, watching him chase Boroughs like a dog cornering a hare was glorious.

This show's versatility is really, really incredible. One minute we're in grimy Space New York caught up in a gang war, the next we're rolling in Space Vietnam. There's action, adventure, romance, tragedy and comedy.

What an absolute gem this show is.

Jarmel

Banned
Sorairo/Zeppelin is swiftly going into the most banned person I have seen from the regular members I come in contact with. Jesus man lol. I wish he comes back I don't think his banning reason was enough for a permaban but you never know. Wish him luck.

When you're banned multiple times as a junior and then banned less than two weeks when you become a member, you're not long for this forum.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Those are just going to be reruns with character commentary. Hanamonogatari was delayed until August.

NOOOOOO.

Oh well, I hope this means that I'll finally see some more Monogatari with character commentary, since the entire fansubbing community seems to fear the Monogatari subs something fierce.

Well, assuming Crunchyroll or someone actually has the streaming rights to those episodes...

It's an LN to Anime adaptation !!
What were you expecting ?? A bones project ? a IG production ?A kyoto animation original IP ?
Thank to their source material , all LN to anime adaptation work by arcs. Why ? because they need to keep the readers occupied.It's different when you're a romance story like golden time for example , but if you're in the action territory , a climax per arc is the standard.

It doesn't matter if its based off an LN because that's not my issue, its the execution. Hell if you want to go further if the anime sucked well that means the LN must've sucked right? But no, that's not how it generally goes. I'm not saying a climax per arc should be banned from the introductory arc, that's unrealistic, I'm saying with how high a build to the climax you put in and with the inevitable height of the climax itself, the arc itself will make it seem as a final arc of a series regardless of episode placement.

Touma ends each of his arcs punching the current vilain , it's always the same thing.Everyone is punched ...equally , mercilessly .... if you're the vilain , you get punched dammit , that's how index is. Accelerator , the strongest ESPER ALIVE ? Punched . every magician ? punched. All of god hands ? punched . Every gremlin operative ? punched .
Seriously. i'm not even joking , it's how each arc in index is.
Aleister ? He is not set as the vilain yet. But when he will , you can bet he will be punched too.

You're acting as if , with this episode 4 the entire set of problems in Black bullet is solved when it isn't.
How about watching the second arc , before making those assumptions ?
You refuse to admit that the guy in black bullet was just maybe one guy, one vilain and the more will come afterwards in other arcs. Not only he was never set to be the main vilain, but the franchise itself already moved on, that's how it is.he was never meant to be a recurring guy ?

Wait maybe he is not , and the your entire point about things being over is wrong
or maybe he is , and you were wrong about him being so important in the first place.

Except Index's first arc ended without Touma punching anybody... huh go figure. Why is Index better than Black Bullet in this regard? Because the writer of Index knows pretty damn well not to build up its introductory arc so high and so fast to give it a rushed pacing. Why would I bother watching more of Black Bullet if I was dissatisfied with what I've currently seen, saying that it gets better later on is not a positive note to any show.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 134 (engdub)
BobzZe1CMAEzFE7.png

Яeversed Tetsu fight conclusion was hilarious and alright. People losing themselves to power and then making really basic mistakes combined with his laughing and Ren's good skills maybe makes this third best match in this season. The Superior Persona Blast from Ren was good.

I liked the Яeversed concept as its making many of the characters interesting and relevent, Kyou with his Kyou Crush Rush actually be important to plot for example.
And next time it seems maybe one of our favorites with the Great Daiyushia is Яeversed? At least we have Team SIT Genius!

cnet128

Banned
Seikoku no Dragonar 8

Gratuitous bath scene featuring lingering close-ups of clearly visible loli nipples? I have no idea how this show even gets away with airing on TV.

Now if only the plot was anywhere near as interesting as the fanservice.

Articalys

idontbelieveyou.gif
But it's true.
Seikoku no Dragonar 8

Gratuitous bath scene featuring lingering close-ups of clearly visible loli nipples? I have no idea how this show even gets away with airing on TV.

Now if only the plot was anywhere near as interesting as the fanservice.
Isn't that because it's airing on AT-X? Aren't they also the ones airing Daimidaler with nipples and all at 6:30pm?

duckroll

Soul Eater Not - Episode 7

The action animation towards the end was horrendous. Totally shameful for a studio well known for impressive action like BONES. Whatever is going on with the production here, it ain't good. The actual story seems to be progressing slowly towards being more "serious" though, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing either. The first half was much funnier and entertaining than the second half's seriousness. The master tells the best jokes, lol. Not much yuri this week either, sadness.

---

Chaika - Episode 7

Feels like a bit of a side trip this week, and I don't think they really followed the events of the third novel much either. It wasn't bad though. There were some off model scenes, but the fight against Gillet was really well done, and the yandere dragoon is pretty funny. Don't really care for all the Chaika/Toru shipping though. Still one of the more enjoyable popcorn shows I'm watching this season. <3 Scrapped Princess.

---

Captain Earth - Episode 8

I really enjoyed this week's episode. Much more than last week's even. It's clearly the start of the new arc, and they're not wasting any time at all. The characters seem more interesting, the villains look to be moving in an exciting direction, and both the character drama and the action was handled really well here. If they're going to stay on Earth for the next bunch of episodes and have battles with Machine Goodfellows instead, I'll be really happy, since the fights already look so much cooler than the space ones. Mmmm. :)

CorvoSol

so what does animegaf think of hyrule warriors

Could not be more excited if I tried.

Macross 7 15

Basara is just trying to get with sexy biker chick, but Mylene is being the world's biggest brat. On the other hand, Mylene's brattiness has produced some of the most comical looks on her face, so I'm cool with that. Plus making Basara's life hell is good for him. Then we find out that Basara does get with sexy biker lady, but
it's a devil's threeway with Ray!
and in retaliation Mylene stays up all night with Veffidas.

Oh and I guess Mayor Milia uses a carnival as a means of ascertaining the fighting strength of her civilians in the absence of her military. Which raises an interesting sort of fact of the Macross universe that I hadn't really thought about until now, but kinda crops up in mecha shows all the time: people privately own military issued mecha. And I mean, it kinda makes sense in Gundam since the Earth Sphere region is full of floating bits and pieces of mechs and ships (so much so that it's surprising some enterprising scavengers haven't built a military force from them.) but like, this is the equivalent of if at the end of your tour of duty with the Air Force you got to keep the jet or bomber you piloted. It makes more sense in this context to view mecha as horses than as expensive military tanks/aircraft, as it is a lot more believable they'd let you keep a horse than a gosh darn jet.

It doesn't matter if its based off an LN because that's not my issue, its the execution. Hell if you want to go further if the anime sucked well that means the LN must've sucked right? But no, that's not how it generally goes. I'm not saying a climax per arc should be banned from the introductory arc, that's unrealistic, I'm saying with how high a build to the climax you put in and with the inevitable height of the climax itself, the arc itself will make it seem as a final arc of a series regardless of episode placement.
You're always making assumptions that suit your point of view.
An anime can be crap and the Ln good. there are alot of factors from the skill of the anime team to how they adapt the source material.

But that's not what i'm saying I'm sorry to say , but you're not paying attention.You decided , by yourself as a arbitrary rule that an introduction arc must not have some things. If trhat's how you want to enjoy your media , fine. but that's not the media fault. it's your taste , nothing else.
Except Index's first arc ended without Touma punching anybody... huh go figure. Why is Index better than Black Bullet in this regard? Because the writer of Index knows pretty damn well not to build up its introductory arc so high and so fast to give it a rushed pacing. Why would I bother watching more of Black Bullet if I was dissatisfied with what I've currently seen, saying that it gets better later on is not a positive note to any show.

Sigh * touma certainly didn't punch Stiyl , nor did he , in the climax of the first arc, touch Index John&#8217;s Pen Mode ( wasn't this St. George&#8217;s Sanctuary ?? , it's been a while ) reverting her back to normal index and allowing her to get past the 1 year limit.
Go figure.

It looks really cool, but I'll wait until I see some more gameplay.

Gundam Musou 3 was the only Musou game I ever played, and my opinion is kinda mixed on it. Yeah it's fun, for little bits at a time before it becomes repetitive and boring.

So yeah, I don't know how Hyrule Warriors is going to differ. Probably not much, but we'll wait and see.

Had a junior-permed account as well, apparently.

I mean dayum.

So...he's really gone for good this time? Wow. Always bad to see one of us here go. :(

cajunator

Banned
*types into google*

Count me in!

eheheee. Your path to enlightenment has begun.

Sorairo/Zeppelin is swiftly going into the most banned person I have seen from the regular members I come in contact with. Jesus man lol. I wish he comes back I don't think his banning reason was enough for a permaban but you never know. Wish him luck.

Hes likely gone for good.

Who wouldnt be enchanted

great point!

Ill buy it and then barely play it.

Had a junior-permed account as well, apparently.

I mean dayum.

So hes dead :(

You're always making assumptions that suit your point of view.
An anime can be crap and the Ln good. there are alot of factors from the skill of the anime team to how they adapt the source material.

But that's not what i'm saying I'm sorry to say , but you're not paying attention.You decided , by yourself as a arbitrary rule that an introduction arc must not have some things. If trhat's how you want to enjoy your media , fine. but that's not the media fault. it's your taste , nothing else.

I sincerely doubt I'm the first one ever (or even the first in this thread) to express my distaste for Black Bullet. I'm simply offering the reasons why I found it distasteful and it may not resonate with everyone that's fine. But the points I am making are derived from similar anime be it genre or storytelling and hardly something I'm pulling out of my ass so to speak.

Sigh * touma certainly didn't punch Stiyl , nor did he , in the climax of the first arc, touch Index John’s Pen Mode ( wasn't this St. George’s Sanctuary ?? , it's been a while ) reverting her back to normal index and allowing her to get past the 1 year limit.
Go figure.

And the fact that Touma didn't go all out punching people to conclude the first arc is what gives it the free pass of not being rushed at all. Because the first arc in Index was dedicated to exposition and resolving of a first conflict to which leads in to succeeding conflicts in where Touma starts punching people. Whereas Black Bullet builds a prominent antagonist then one-offs him within the introductory arc. This short time frame also lends credence to the irrelevance of the subplot being shoehorned in there.

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 17

Pouty face Hime was adorable. And I appreciated seeing more Iona after awhile. It's not enough to destroy the garden (Yuyu/anybody is unbreakable), but it did show HIme growing closer with Seiji and getting some things done on her own. And Coconut Samba used a new attack outside of its CGI one. I always appreciate those. The show's overall consistently good as it always is, but I am curious when Iona's going to be brought into the fold. Some progress is being made, but it's going slow. Any episode that has Oresky as a villain is bound to be great.

Cure of the Week: Rin. She doesn't have Akane's accent, but I'll accept her.

duckroll

Have they dropped any real hints so far as for what direction they're planning to take things?

Other than the fact that they're going to do stuff which hasn't been done before, no. I guess we'll have a better idea when it's closer to airing. The later Fate/Zero trailers when it was actually starting had a ton of footage from later episodes, so if the same holds true here we should have a decent idea.

CorvoSol

Clannad 12

Any good faith I had in this arc and show is shattered by the fact that they just completely invalidated the end of the last arc for a fucking crane game gag. Holy shit. Now I know not to trust this show to do anything in sincerity.

Clannad 12

Any good faith I had in this arc and show is shattered by the fact that they just completely invalidated the end of the last arc for a fucking crane game gag. Holy shit. Now I know not to trust this show to do anything in sincerity.

FYI that gag happens about 2 or 3 more times in the first season before it stops. IIRC anyway. All in all it is a terrible joke and one of the worst parts of the first season.

cnet128

Banned
Nisekoi 20 END

Yeah, okay, that was just brilliant on every level and definitely the perfect way to tie up the first season of this anime. Everyone got their chance to shine, the whole play was just one big gleeful romp of entertaining developments, and of course it tied up the show's premise in a way by
having Chitoge finally come to terms with her feelings for Raku
. Now, second season WHEN. (I need my
Onodera imouto
dammit!)

As I mentioned last week, my memories of this particular part of the manga were incredibly blurry, so it was a wonderful surprise when
after all the Chitoge focus of this arc, the whole thing ended on an incredibly sweet scene between Raku and Onodera. FUCK YEAH.

I think it's shaping up to be not the absolute pile that I suspected it was going to be since the reveal. Also my sister will buy it anyway.

Think it'll be something really fun to play but won't be something greatly loved. This last week has been kind of crazy with the pre-E3 info dumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom