• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
You have no idea how much these FSN spoiler bars are taunting me. Must...not...click...

Mekakucity Actors 7

That was really fun watching the characters tie all the surprising revelations together.

Teacher is suddenly seeming extremely creepy/suspicious/ominous/evil.

I sincerely doubt I'm the first one ever (or even the first in this thread) to express my distaste for Black Bullet. I'm simply offering the reasons why I found it distasteful and it may not resonate with everyone that's fine. But the points I am making are derived from similar anime be it genre or storytelling and hardly something I'm pulling out of my ass so to speak.
Your distaste of black bullet is your choice. Who am i to tell you what to like ?
However , as we were discussing previously , if we're talking pacing , plots , sub plots , actual events that are not in the realm of taste . it's another story..

And the fact that Touma didn't go all out punching people to conclude the first arc is what gives it the free pass of not being rushed at all. Because the first arc in Index was dedicated to exposition and resolving of a first conflict to which leads in to succeeding conflicts in where Touma starts punching people. Whereas Black Bullet builds a prominent antagonist then one-offs him within the introductory arc. This short time frame also lends credence to the irrelevance of the subplot being shoehorned in there.
I'm stopping there. i feel like you're moving goalposts so to speak each time i reply.
And that's not even counting all the facts you use as a basis for your claim that are incorrect. You keep ignoring the points that go against your point of view so there is no point to discuss if you purposely don't discuss.

I remember that scene so vividly from the movie.
There was so much blood in that little body.

UBW should not have been a movie but a full Tv serie arc / season

While good it was over way too fast.

----------------------------------------
DATE A LIVE - 07

KURUMI DA BEST

So good...
WHile i am happy that they didn't waste time on tohka fight against the DEM girl , i'm kinda sad they didn't keep origami last scene. I hope they use it next week

The sound effect when miku touched shiro was excellent.

Kurumi is just too good.

Can't wait to see next week with kurumi kicking ass

CAPTAIN EARF 8

I still dont really know whats going on with this show.
Now theyre trying to wake up other aliens? How does Globe or Salty Dog not know about them?

Whatever. The action scene was nice though.

cnet128

Banned
So..would Shaft do a second season of Nisekoi? What is even on the Shaft slate after Mekakucity Actors and Hanamonogatari?

Kizumono...oh, I can't even say it with a straight face.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 8

Delicious flying is delicious.

This show still feels so same-y, though. Feels like almost every scene is just a group of students standing around calmly discussing matters of magical import while Tatsuya tries his best to act modest and not let anyone notice that their debates are meaningless to him because he already holds all the answers to everything.

Nisekoi 20
About as good as ending as I expected. Marika was quite good in her scene. I also liked Onodera in the Juliet outfit better than Chitoge
So..would Shaft do a second season of Nisekoi? What is even on the Shaft slate after Mekakucity Actors and Hanamonogatari?

Assuming the manga doesn't get canned this year, probably. Then there's the most recent set of Monogatari books. Once that ends, maybe Kizumonogatari

Quasar

Nisekoi - 20
Shu is the best trouble maker around

And that was one heck of a great romeo and juliet performance , by everyone.

Congrats.

It was a good final episode, giving pretty much everyone a bit of screentime. Highly amused that the locket plot was not even mentioned.

Articalys

So for people familiar with Kagerou Project, has the MCA anime altered any story points so far to do its own thing, or is it a fair adaptation of other parts of the franchise?

Your distaste of black bullet is your choice. Who am i to tell you what to like ?
However , as we were discussing previously , if we're talking pacing , plots , sub plots , actual events that are not in the realm of taste . it's another story..

Yes this whole discussion is based on the show's pacing and for me how, when compared to other similar animes, is rather rushed.

I'm stopping there. i feel like you're moving goalposts so to speak each time i reply.
And that's not even counting all the facts you use as a basis for your claim that are incorrect. You keep ignoring the points that go against your point of view so there is no point to discuss if you purposely don't discuss.

The only "goalposts moved" in this discussion was you correcting me on a supposed plothole I pointed out. Aside from that this whole discussion has been focused entirely on pacing. The only points I ignored to be frank is when you bring up that the anime is based off the LN, which I point as as irrelevant because this is execution via the anime I'm critiquing/see a problem with, not how closely the anime matches up with the LN.

It was a good final episode, giving pretty much everyone a bit of screentime. Highly amused that the locket plot was not even mentioned.
Well the locket will probably reappear when the author will need to add someone else in the cast.or when he wants to finish this ,... ( so never i guess ) .

She was my most hated last season. Turns out this season there's someone worse. Miku. And it turns out I liked Kurumi in this past episode, which kind of surprised me.,
I really don't like miku as well , my problem with miku is that she is selfish. but too much selfish.
Kurumi was merciless but that was necessary ( as threat ) or justified ( you do not toy with an innocent life for no reason like that ).
I really wish the writter could turn thinsg around with her but i somehow doubt it.

Kizumono...oh, I can't even say it with a straight face.
Don't hurt yourself ...
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 8

Delicious flying is delicious.

This show still feels so same-y, though. Feels like almost every scene is just a group of students standing around calmly discussing matters of magical import while Tatsuya tries his best to act modest and not let anyone notice that their debates are meaningless to him because he already holds all the answers to everything.

There is BIG a contrast between the realm where everyone is , and where tatsuya is.. that's for sure

So for people familiar with Kagerou Project, has the MCA anime altered any story points so far to do its own thing, or is it a fair adaptation of other parts of the franchise?

Alterations, modifications and clarifications of some events that were done in an unclear manner in manga etc. Great additional piece to the kagepro franchise.

Gundam SEED - 15

So apparently the HD remaster that I'm watching skips an episode. It says "Phase 16" even though I'm on episode 15. According to Wikipedia, it was a recap episode, so nothing to worry about.

Whoa Kira,
it would seem from those flashbacks that you did some....interesting things with Flay that night didn't you? Let the creepiness of that girl continue even further why don't you?

I like the look of those grunt mobile suits on the sand. They're like pilotable mecha dogs.

cnet128

Banned
Captain Earth 8

Oh, so we're building up the villain team now, are we? Well, that's kind of fun. Even if it was
a little depressing to watch what seemed like a pretty decent guy transform into a deranged psychopath the moment his memories of his "true self" were unlocked.

Oh hey guys what's going on i---

*Sorairo/Zeppli gets offed again*

tLkT2fV.jpg

Mahouka - 08
Ah ah i had even forgotten that the school competition was also a fashion show.

Nothing much to add, mikihiko is finally introduced, bloomers are extinct for everyone except one. Nine school competition préparations everywhere !

Oh and flying .

Overall ok episode.
Too bad they didn't explain what a BS magician is...But i guess most of the forshadowing for this arc is now in place.

Midonin

Kawaisou 08

That was the most cringeworthy/heartwarming episode I've seen that also ended with an internet meme. The cafe job was a bust... if you know what I mean. And Mayumi and Sayaka are a surprisingly effective duo when they combine their powers into one maelstrom of humiliation. Have I mentioned their character interaction is my favorite in the series? This was a huge step forward for Ritsu, too. I think if Hayashi had been scouted for Kawaisou, she would've found a loving home, but in choosing to try and be something she's not, the only thing she set herself up for is becoming a future Mayumi. For the want of a nail.

Eusis

Started watching Madoka Magica on Netflix. I feel like I stepped into something I can't back out of.

... And it's really annoying that when pausing the subtitles get covered up on PS3. And may not display the next subtitles when resuming.

Patema Inverted

The villain in this movie is so one dimensionally evil that I'm surprised he even made past a first draft. Even the dystopian society that said villain runs is equally as simplistic too. Yet Yasuhiro Yoshiura's strong direction manages to give this film just enough personality to make it work despite its problematic script. His touches are most apparent when the film focuses on the smaller, more intimate scenes, like the one early on where Patema convinces herself to look at the stars below her, which were way more successful than whenever it gets into confrontations with the corrupt ruler. While there were some moments that fall flat early on, the characterization of the two leads fortunately improves as the film progresses. Sadly, the rest of the cast isn't as fortunate as they stay two dimensional throughout.

It's definitely a messy story, but Yoshiura makes the most out of many of the emotional highs that simply worked for me when they needed to. It also helps there's plenty of good music and gorgeous backdrops. The film may be far from great, but I liked it.

Chitoge army gonna end you son. She don't even need our help.

KDX9MqE.jpg
You're reminding me that i need to continue playing this game.

My friend just showed me this. Seems yall are well represented in Watch Dawgs :p

I wonder if there's a "frequently reads manga" variant
I'll be worried at " frequently watches Hentai" ..untill then ...

Started watching Madoka Magica on Netflix. I feel like I stepped into something I can't back out of.

... And it's really annoying that when pausing the subtitles get covered up on PS3. And may not display the next subtitles when resuming.

Seems anoying , can't you rewind a few seconds so that the subtitles appear ?
Otherwise you'll be forced to watch everything non-stop

Eusis

Seems anoying , can't you rewind a few seconds so that the subtitles appear ?
Otherwise you'll be forced to watch everything non-stop
Yeah, you can rewind a bit so it's more a minor irritance, but it's enough that it's better to keep on rolling and not bothering pausing to read something you may've missed.

Probably is better to use Netflix for streaming stuff like Breaking Bad, but they probably have the most stable app on PS3 and at least they're reliably offering both VA and subtitle options now unlike years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom