• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Fate/Zero 17

argghhg Tokiomi, such a waste. I can't believe the only thing he did in the entire show was boring talk and setting poor Kariya on fire. and I thought we will see more of him last week :((( still I wanted more magic goodness and both "real mages" are dead now :(

Tokiomi probably should have summoned another servant really, Gilgamesh is obviously incompatible with a boring, "classic mage" like Tokiomi who doesn't have the ambitions Gilgamesh has. To think of it, only Caster was fully compatible with his master, everyone else is having issues of their own. the conclusion was really obvious from the first season, not really surprised by any of that.

Iri asking Maiya to protect her suggests Saber will team up with Kiritsugu now I think, should be interesting how the two will work with each other, or maybe she just works alone on her new bike...

next episode sounds like will be about Kiritsugu's memories, should be good

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Medaka Box 04:

q0W8rl.jpg

Just what the show needs, another narcissist.

Ugh, I can't believe that Judo guy is going to be a main character. He looks too much like Zenkichi and he's a generic arrogant asshole to boot. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Natsuiro Kiseki 4

Ok, I have to admit: this episode's twist was kinda funny, haha. And it didn't focus on elementary school friendship problems! So that's another plus.

Self-imposed NTR is the worst NTR.

I like this series' character designs and visuals. They use a really soft tone of colors, and they match with the show's theme. The characters are growing on me, too, despite the fact that episodic slice-of-life is my least favorite genre.

There's nothing strongly compelling or special about this show, but it's a nice way to pass time.

Ultimadrago

Eureka Seven AO 3

rZRtk.jpg

Noah is an unapologetic pervert.

Well, less action, more and more talking.

I did not like it as much as the other episodes thus far. More just furthering the set-up for the "G-Busters" and Ao to deal with the pressures that lie with an island and its inhabitants in a dire situation. Found the islanders' collective
"foreigner!" attitude a tad on the primitive. I mean, really? I expect a response like, "What else should they blame?" I don't know or care, but the presentation of the reaction to this "hurdle" for the village didn't come off as believable.
Stated as supposedly only a previous generation problem, however, they're all still there and salty as ever!

Too much screen time for such a weak plot point.
Gazelle's little speech should have come sooner.

Needs less old man talky and more "Michael-Bay embarrassed" explosions.
Thankfully, it seems to be coming around next episode.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Seems that it's about time I get yet one more dose of SIG.
She's pretty fine in this episode, I gotta say~

Upotte!! 04
RaZGL.jpg

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Time for more guns! Pretty great set-up to the SAKO confrontation. They filled in some of the holes too and foreshaddowed
the AK invasion
. Action was good, 16 blithely stripped to her skivvies, field cleaning... herself? was good, Curly was sadly not as good as Curly could have been (must have been low on the blush and lipstick today), SIG being SIG was good, and even I learned a bit about the FNC and it's role in the 5.56 NATO cartridge. Overall, good episode. Can't wait for next week. :D

De9zh.jpg

Truly mai waifu~
lblcG.jpg

Anyone wanna fight about it?
SeydF.jpg

Only the eye shaddow today, Curly?
b3qt7.jpg

FLAG CAPTURED - 250
YfbzA.jpg

Next week is gonna be a hard slog...

She's pretty fine in this episode, I gotta say~

Upotte!! 04

Time for more guns! Pretty great set-up to the SAKO confrontation. They filled in some of the holes too and foreshaddowed
the AK invasion
. Action was good, 16 blithely stripped to her skivvies, field cleaning... herself? was good, Curly was sadly not as good as Curly could have been (must have been low on the blush and lipstick today), SIG being SIG was good, and even I learned a bit about the FNC and it's role in the 5.56 NATO cartridge. Overall, good episode. Can't wait for next week. :D

Ronaldo, Beckham... Japan has bad taste. But the it looks like that the
AK
arc is semi confirmed.

http://www.abload.de/img/mpc-hc2012-04-2718-575mrx5.jpg

Joule

Well, I'd have to disagree with you there. You're being far too kind to a show about four girls which doesn't attempt any kind of characterisation before leaping right into faux-drama.
Can you expand on the production aspect? Do you mean that it's quite good? The only thing that really caught my eye was some nice backgrounds but I admit I wasn't paying full attention to the visual details when I was watching it. At the least the drama has fixed itself up in relatively quick fashion but you're definitely right on that. I'm not sure I'm being kind. I feel that the show can be entertaining if they get inventive with their premise. It might turn out to be a flop on that but I think I can be hopeful for now. I do tend to enjoy four girl shows™ though. Even A-Channel which I too thought was particularly bland, I ended up enjoying a little bit.

Bland? I guess it's not the most original thing ever, but what it does do is have a good story and characters, unique or no. Oh, and I think I prefer Natsumi and Saki, myself, though the other two are funnier, sure. And yeah, that chase was pretty good stuff. :)

Apparently the show's name means "A summer-colored miracle", and I guess that describes one element of the show well, though it doesn't really give you a hint that it's a funny show too.
I don't feel really compelled yet mostly because Saki and Natsumi's quarrel wasn't too enthralling and it comprised a lot of the first and second episode. They haven't been established themselves well enough for me to care about them that much. If it weren't for Yuka and Rin's involvement I don't think I would care for Saki and Natsumi's deal alone. The revenge the latter two will get on the former two is something that will probably be fun to watch. I call it bland now but I can see it getting better potentially. I did end up liking A-Channel a bit after all.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh great. I take it this episode goes stupid. lol

Somebody clue me in, I stopped being able to put up with the blahblahblah and space lolis episodes ago.

edit: I realize that insulting the show probably isn't the best way to convince people to tell me what's going on, hahah.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon 27
d9xyN.jpg

I thought Makoto would be better than that. :(

This episode continues the 7 Youma arc. This time,
the poor unfortunate is Ami's stalker, who has the ability to glimpse the future, and decides to use it to challenge Ami in academics. Ami doesn't care about her position though, so it was pointless in the end.

aPZKZ.jpg

Usagi makes the best faces

Of course, because he's a stalker he takes unflattering pics of Ami, until Usagi gives him a better one. wtf kind of a friend are you, Usagi?

JommP.jpg

Not that usagi's pic was much better

Rei still thinks she has a chance with Mamoru for some reason. Poor Rei. :(

Oh yeah, this episode had the new opening and ending, I liked the new opening even if it's spoilery as hell, it's not like anyone hadn't guessed who the princess was by that point.

And then suddenly, I was watching Utena.

e_i

Somebody clue me in, I stopped being able to put up with the blahblahblah and space lolis episodes ago.

edit: I realize that insulting the show probably isn't the best way to convince people to tell me what's going on, hahah.

I was glad they dispensed with the
yuri
subtext and went full on (although it's only between two side characters). I applaud the director (Sato) for not dancing around the subject or simply implying the relationship. I really like this show. Sato is a god.

cajunator

Banned
I'm watching Fate/Zero now and also want to know something. Is fate/stay worth watching? I heard it was pretty mediocre. And what about the movie? Is it a re-imagining of the fate/stay or something else?

Fate Stay night is worth watching, but only if you pretend Shirou doesn't exist. Just imagine Saber and other talking to a doll or something. Shirou has about that much personality.

Best wall of the last three hours and thirty-seven minutes.

ga0bu.jpg

OH...WOW. Japan secrets are becoming far too open to the world.

Going by this massive sales compendium from Animesuki, I extracted the numbers for the relevant series and threw them here:
http://pastebin.com/fVVmMTMs

Thanks for this. Been looking for it!

More people should embrace this recommendation. It will barely take up any time at all and your life will be changed forever.

Mars of Destruction is special. It is very easy to watch even if you are pressed for time, and its well worth it to see just how bad it is. There is also a bit of cuteness to be found.

Yesssss

Nyaruko figma+nendos on the way.

Oh shit. Nows the time for me to start a nendoroid collection.

Tsuritama 3

This show is much better than I could have expected. I mean the whole premise of it sounds insanely stupid on paper but the execution of this as a whole is absolutely amazing.

This is still my favorite show of Spring. I said it at the beginning and it still holds true.
So much fun.

I mean we did just call this season's big KyoAni show fucking boring.

Yes, unfortunately we did. And I see no reason to think otherwise yet. Will stick with it though for Eru.

Cowboy Beb-, wait no, Monono-, wait no, Mushis-, wait noRevolutionary Girl U-, wait no.

Usagi Drop, maybe? Actually, I think someone called that boring.

There truly is NOTHING thats sacred on animeGAF. Honestly Im glad of this.

Exactly.

Maybe FLCL?? Although, I vaguely remember someone saying they didn't like it.

I am not a huge fan of it, though I did finally buy the BR. Its kind of meh to me, but can be entertaining sometimes.

Anime is a two-minute showcase of goods and products sandwiched between 12-minute commercials for those products.

No way it is. I bought all those figures and discs because...umm..

Don't think it was mentioned in here but Usagi Drop got picked up by NISA for a DVD/BD release. Hoorah!

BOUGHT.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Upotte! 4

Huh. I never knew the M16A4 could be an asshole. But I did know SIG SG550 was a badass.

This show can be pretty epic when it actually tries, bwahaha. Next week's episode is going to be interesting.

And now I want to see the real AK-47.

I was glad they dispensed with the
yuri
subtext and went full on (although it's only between two side characters). I applaud the director (Sato) for not dancing around the subject or simply implying the relationship. I really like this show. Sato is a god.

I thought Sato said he wasn't going to have romance in Space Pirates. What a liar!

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Hahaha, I watched the episode.

IT HAS FULL ON
YURI
. SUBTEXT indeed. So amazing. :p

Havent seen the episode yet, but
Lynn and the old president?
Who else?! lol

cajunator

Banned
Mouretsu Space Pirates once again demonstrates why it was the best show last season.
That show is so going in my collection. As if it wasnt before. It has certainly gotten BODACIOUS.

I hope you mean with "from nowhere" since the 80s.

I mean in each show it seems to just happen all of a sudden. This has been going on for many years. But shows keep finding more creative ways to justify it.

Firemind

Is that what we're calling desperate Internet attention whores these days?

To elaborate, I don't see how writing in an exaggerated cynical and negative tone, eschewing substantial criticism for causal dismissal, posting 40 screenshots of each episode (seriously, what is the point?), and spreading blatant misinformation (such as saying Shin-Ei Animation, makers of Doraemon since 1979, is primarily known for "filthy flash animations") can be taken as anything but a crude ploy for hits. I know that's the cool thing to do with blogs these days, and I must admit it was partially successful in that I ended up writing about it, but now that I know what I am dealing with I intend to avoid succumbing to its attempts to stir up controversy.

You think he’s trolling for hits by stirring up controversy? If he wanted to get hits, he’d blog all the Kyoani, Gainax, Shaft, A-1 and Brains Base shows and trash them, or be a conformist like the gents at Random Curiosity, but he doesn’t. He writes a first episode impression, which he does for all shows, then leaves it at that if it isn’t his thing. Sure, his writing style is bombastic and snide, but it’s just that. A style. One that I personally don’t find offensive, as his critical views are mostly valid, if cynical, and above all, actually tell me something, even if I happen to strongly disagree. He has a write-up explaining why it’s important. He uploads an image dump because he watches shows raw, so that readers get a preview before it’s subbed. As for the error, he’s only human. He even states this in the comment header. By the way, the blog existed before 2007. He also translates doujin games in his spare time.

For a more level-headed, British critic's view, try Chaos Tangent.

What?

No Sengoku Collection?

No Madoka?

No Hyouka?

No Upotte?

No Guilty Crown?

Parts of Requiem from the Darkness? (not so much "badmouth" as a bit of criticism of narrative on that one)

No Bleach?

You must have me mistaken with someone else.

Those aren’t real shows. Also, I can’t recall there’s any discussion of shounen shows around here.

Is there anything inherently wrong with liking a show for what it is? Anime is a pastime for many people (well at least for me), sometimes we watch Nyaruko-san and Acchi Kocchi for the needed catharsis and rejuvenation to our sometimes shit life. and to also refer to a previous discussion, shallow≠bad.

Not at all. I have a fair number of guilty pleasures of my own.

When will someone license Nodame Cantabile? ;_;

Seriously.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sankarea 04:

Creepy father is still creepy. Drunkard mother is still drunk. Sanka Rea is still... oh wait she's not alive anymore. :p This episode was weird, and it didn't have the panache of the prior episodes.

It was funny when Rea suddenly
moved in to kiss the guy, since I'm pretty sure what was actually craving his flesh! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom