• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah! that's the 2ch mascot or?

tumblr_lb5qb4xhbs1qz5mmj7y.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Shining Hearts - Shiawase no Pan 2

So the guys at the bakery are also responsible for the weather forecast?

but the worst thing! I can't play the little "bread=p..." game anymore.

I'm too pure

Oh yeah?

"Go look for our friend who disappeared, Rick! And while you're at it, sell some bread."

Don't you worry. She's merely sharing Rick's bread... With little children.

Just look at that evil expression.

She knows exactly what she's doing.

And then Rick shows up...

"Hey, take one more on the house. The next time, though, we'll be charging sexual favors."

And they don't waste any time. Home delivery!

Did they really need a red moon for that storm? I'm disappointed.

Ultimadrago

Shining Hearts - Shiawase no Pan 2

"Go look for our friend who disappeared, Rick! And while you're at it, sell some bread."

Don't you worry. She's merely sharing Rick's bread... With little children.

As a cult society, leaders learn to train cravings in members while they're young. An unfortunate life.

"Rick'sBread"shallneverdie.

Brazil

Natsuiro Kiseki 3

Elementary school friendship problems? Ugh. This is boring.

And
the rules that the big rock wish granting follows
seem so annoyingly arbitrary. At least vengeful trolling is ok.

Defuser

Eureka 7 AO ep 2
Is it just me or some people in this show doesn't have the sense of urgency? Still good nonetheless.

I just like to go through older OTs to grab summaries, GAF is the fastest way to do that without getting sidetracked. I just thought it'd be nice to see it linked in the OP or something.

Anyway, tell me about Crunchyroll. Can I get an App to put it streaming onto a Rokubox or something, or is it PC only? Are they still terrible things or did are they totes legit now? Their website layout is terrible. Well, it's functional, but it reminds me more of YouTube than anything.

Here is a list of all the devices where you can get the Crunchyroll app.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/devices#roku

Edit: Also how about leaving some posts for the rest of us guys? We'l be in OT3 in less than 3 weeks time at this rate.

cajunator

Banned
Eureka Seven AO 02

This show definitely feels a bit like the original show, althougH I haven't gotten very far in that one. Action definitely ramped up much more quickly in this one.

Elena is going to kill me. Or at least seriously damage my heart. Did they have to give her such a cute helmet? Japan how the fuck do you know me so well?

This show is well produced and directed, and the story gets going very quickly. Lots of fun so far. the music is also very good. What a joy.

This season is just ridiculously good. I'm pretty confident now that Hyouka will just add to the excellence the other shows have begun.

Finally, Ao >>>>> Renton.

duckroll

nonononono!

Is it so hard to accept that other people are simply more discerning than you are and do not actually possess some ulterior motive in "nitpicking"* shows that you like?

The difference between, say, Angel Beats and "many of GAF's beloved shows" is that I'm assuming those actually have significant redeeming qualities and maybe even get creative with a low budget, whereas the creators of Angel Beats took an apparently large budget and shat out something sub-par in basically every aspect.

*pro-tip: bad writing and ugly visuals are not nitpicking, they are basic issues of competence

It's Cajunantor. If he sees no problem with it, he basically wants you to stop talking about it because there is no problem. Anyone criticizing something is simply getting in the way of him spamming the thread with his posts asking for people to post cute things or whatnot. He's not interested in intelligent discussion because that's not what penguins do. :p

flawfuls

Wait a second Shining Hearts - Shiawase no Pan is the actual name? I thought that was just some animegaf joke until I tried to look of the ED just now. So they they actually made some sort of shining hearts themed bread harem anime? I don't even know what to say.

duckroll

Wait a second Shining Hearts - Shiawase no Pan is the actual name? I thought that was just some animegaf joke until I tried to look of the ED just now. So they they actually made some sort of shining hearts themed bread harem anime? I don't even know what to say.

The joke name is Rick's Bread. Please get your memes right! :D

Brazil

I was just wondering here: isn't that elf chick from Shining Hearts in other Shining games? Is she the same character in all of them?

I think I remember her from... Shining Tears?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kore wa Zombie Desuka? OTD ep 3
That voodoo dance part is hilarious, wtf happen to Orito?

The shock of seeing his best friend being a crossdressing mahou shoujo was too much for his old self to take. He must be reborn to accept this change!

duckroll

Haha I love how the url just says bread instead of cooking. And wait so the anime isn't even based on the most recent shining game? Why does it exist then? Everything about this is blowing my mind.

The rumor before the anime was formally announced is that Shining Blade would have Shining Hearts characters in it, and that Production IG is planning a "Shining Blade x Hearts" anime. Eventually it was announced that Shining Blade would indeed feature Shining Hearts characters, and subsequently they announced the Shining Hearts anime. It's possible they're planning to do a Shining Blade series after this as well.

survivor

Banned
Ano Natsu 12

I was so happy seeing Kaito all emo and depressed cause his alien girl ditched him and then I got to the last scene. Worst anime of the decade

Outside of few pacing issues where I thought it was boring and some dumb alien stuff, it was decent. It's definitely watchable and didn't jump the shark as fast as Ano Hana, but it didn't have as much of an interesting plot and characters as Ano Hana

Oh yeah, they should do some spinoff series with Lemon fighting aliens

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What shows have you been watching lately anyways?

Haven't been seeing you around these parts much :(

The shows I've seen so far are:

Polar Bear Cafe
Lupin III
Space Brothers
Upotte!!
Saki Achiga-hen
Sakamichi no Apollon
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Gakkatsu

So far Mysterious Girlfriend X is the only one so far that I'm questioning of whether to continue with.

I don't post much in this thread because I usually don't have much to say about every episode I see. Also my knowledge on general anime is pretty piss poor since I only really got into (watching on a regular basis) in the last year or so.

trejo

I don't usually skip a lot of stuff here but that whole Angel Beats shit went on for pages and it was really getting on my nerves.

Lain

Piano Forest

Watched (or better yet, re-watched) this on BD since I got it yesterday, and it was just as good as the first time I saw it, though in HD it looks better imho, even if some CG looks a bit too obvious.
I really like Kai as a character, his personality, so free, so wild, which is such a direct opposite of Shuuhei's, so restrained, so diligent.
Loved seeing Takako and the old lady that accompanies her once again, especially for that bathroom scene, and the dub for this one was good.

Re-watching this movie though reminded me that I would love a series, or a follow up movie, that continued after the end of this one, since I also like the manga and seeing that part animated would be interesting, especially seeing the Kai, Shuuhei and Takako in their grown up form.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's Cajunantor. If he sees no problem with it, he basically wants you to stop talking about it because there is no problem. Anyone criticizing something is simply getting in the way of him spamming the thread with his posts asking for people to post cute things or whatnot. He's not interested in intelligent discussion because that's not what penguins do. :p
But cajunator is a loli nekomimi, just like you are Mickey Mouse.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
nonononono!

Is it so hard to accept that other people are simply more discerning than you are and do not actually possess some ulterior motive in "nitpicking"* shows that you like?

The difference between, say, Angel Beats and "many of GAF's beloved shows" is that I'm assuming those actually have significant redeeming qualities and maybe even get creative with a low budget, whereas the creators of Angel Beats took an apparently large budget and shat out something sub-par in basically every aspect.

*pro-tip: bad writing and ugly visuals are not nitpicking, they are basic issues of competence

And yet people give me unending shit for hating on Madoka? Who's characters are paper thin and has such QUALITY as Shaft has not seen, and yet animators and writers who are well regarded? Discerning or not, Angel Beats, while it had its many moments of QUALITY, had plenty of well animated action and glorious slapstick, and while Keyshit isn't for everyone, it was certainly Keyshit, and some people DO like that. So the issue isn't so much being "discerning" as it is you just can't account for taste.

But on that same level, those pages in the last thread scrutinizing ONE scene in Accel World for where there was some question as to the shape of the toilet, and the soft implications that the show was bad for it, that's nitpicking. I don't care about your tastes, you're being ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom