• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostbyte

I don't know how it compares to other VNs since I've only played Katawa and Saya no Uta, but I found it to be a really enjoyable read. Some of the paths are meh and some of them are excellent. The music is godly, though, and really helps carry some of the weaker parts in the writing.

If you've got any interest in it, I'd check it out. It's free, after all.

Rin is best girl. Baconface is terribad.

Definitely worth checking out. If the premise irks you, don't let that hinder your interest in it. Everything is handled in a surprisingly sincere and classy way.

If you do decide to check it out, post your stories here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457792

:3

Ah thanks, guys. I'll check it out soon then. The premise is a bit off-putting, but if it's handled sincerely and classily, I'm ok with it. and good music is always a good motivation for me to start something. :D

Solune

Would be interesting to see Ryūichi Sakamoto collaborating on the next Mr. Takahata movie, as per Mr. Suzuki invitation (http://www.nausicaa.net/wiki/Latest_News#News_from_Japan). Anyway, better they go fast with those kind of details because the next two movies must be finished on time:
Thank you for the information! Since I'm really late with replying the information is not right at the top so I felt I should quote what was posted.
Toshio Suzuki talked with Ryuichi Sakamoto about film music at Daikanyama Tsutaya, Tokyo on March 13.

According to Yomiuli they were kindred spirits and Suzuki asked Sakamoto to cooperate with Takahata's new film but it is unknown whether Sakamoto accepted the offer.

Thanks to T. Ishikawa for the news.

--LLin 16:13, 1 May 2012 (UTC)

Since the interview was conducted quite a while ago, I wonder why it wasn't posted for a while? And I hope Sakamoto-san is involved
animegaf IRC is that filthy?

You'd fit in perfectly since you read filthy manga =D.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu 9

2utoh.jpg

Enter Misato and Riri, soon to be graduates and aspiring travelers...that can'st afford it :(

We meet two new side characters in this episode, they seem to be almost leaving Hidamari Apartments to start their futures. Misato is a extrovert while Riri cleans quietly outside the apartments.

However, the important piece of this episode is seeing Sae's struggles and Hiro again who is there to give a girlfriend emotional support. It seems that Hiro is their not only to make Hidamari Apartments homey with her cooking, but also with her advice and support. What a bro sis.

Also Yuno could not hit the "Magic Drawing Rock" in the river

Yuno is sufferan. :(

I don't know how it compares to other VNs since I've only played Katawa and Saya no Uta, but I found it to be a really enjoyable read. Some of the paths are meh and some of them are excellent. The music is godly, though, and really helps carry some of the weaker parts in the writing.

If you've got any interest in it, I'd check it out. It's free, after all.

Rin is best girl. Baconface is terribad.

YOU'RE A MONSTER WHO SHOULD BE TOSSED IN AN INCINERATOR!

Dresden

gross

go away with your ameriboo vn's

we only play real japanese visual novels whose features include unrivaled japanese scenarios that silly baka gaijin will never be able to ape.

Katawa Shoujo is pretty good, though other than the crippled girls thing, it's standard fair and by the books. Though I suppose that's what they were aiming for.

Dresden

Of games released in 2012 the only ones I've beaten so far are ME3 and Witcher 2 EE, and of the two, Mass Effect was the better game.

Katawa Shoujo was good, but I think my favorite game this year so far is Kid Icarus Uprising.

But those are like the only 2 new games I've played this year.

Jintor

Dresden, what the hell is your avatar? Is it some horrific combination of a thundercat, Tyrion Lannister, and Luke Skywalker?

Dresden

Dresden, what the hell is your avatar? Is it some horrific combination of a thundercat, Tyrion Lannister, and Luke Skywalker?

It's from the mockup of that Game of Thrones fighter that went around the internet a few weeks ago:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/04/morning-roundup-this-game-of-thrones-fighter-game-will-never-exist

chickdigger802 said:
start a thread in gaming with that as the title ;P
Eh, I'm too lazy to bother defending myself against the people who'll flock in to defend CDPR's good name. I liked Witcher 2, but I thought ME3 (warts and endings and all) was better.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu 10

x1fnD.jpg

Ta-daaaaa!!

Have you ever lost your keys?

It's a pain in the ass.

But not when it means you can sleepover with my favorite HidaGirl!

Yuno sleeps over at Miyako's until the landlord can help her out. After that night she bums a bed at other friend's places. A good excuse to allow the viewer a peek into the girls' rooms without having to split it up into multiple episodes.

Also shows how unorganized the landlord is!
And poor Ms. Yoshinoya
reminded of her tragic post-puberty life and home problems
...all explained in her signature over-the-top dramatic fashion!

Also, does Miyako not take
baths
?
C'mon son, yall do it for everyone else!

jbug617

Banned
When does rightstuf charge your card when you order? I'm thinking of buying the Anohana box set from there since it's up for preorder.

The idea of a monster like Deliora existing in the Fairy Tail world is pretty absurd, too. Where did it come from? How long has it been terrorizing the world? If it's existed from time immemorial and is immortal, how is the world not just a pile of smouldering ruins by now? Are the mages of the world so collectively inept that they had to
rely on a random girl in the bumfuck outskirts of the north giving her life in order to defeat it
? Fiore is so damned poorly-realized, everything just exists in its own bubble.

This is fleshed out more later. I really wouldn't say Fiore is poorly realized at all once the lore really starts to connect to the overarching plot. In fact, I'd say quite a bit of thought was put into the creation of the world and I commend Mashima for that.

Joule

Hidamari Sketch 9
We meet two new side characters in this episode, they seem to be almost leaving Hidamari Apartments to start their futures. Misato is a extrovert while Riri cleans quietly outside the apartments.

However, the important piece of this episode is seeing Sae's struggles and Hiro again who is there to give a girlfriend emotional support. It seems that Hiro is their not only to make Hidamari Apartments homey with her cooking, but also with her advice and support. What a bro sis.

Also Yuno could not hit the "Magic Drawing Rock" in the river

Yuno is sufferan. :(
Yoshinoya's go at it also ended up being hilarious. The way she opens up the sketching trip is love. Being Yuno is suffering but also :firehawk. Very very :firehawk. I'm still kinda sad that the anime lacks
drunk
Yuno. It's just a brief scene in the manga but so good.

On a side note, Ultima have you seen the other two cute art related slice of life shows in Sketchbook ~full colors or GA Geijutsuka Art design class? I recommend checking them since you're finding Hidasketch to be a good watch.

Edit: Hah I see you watched episode 10 as well. Yeah that episode is fun as you don't often see the rooms of the others as much as you do Yuno's. That week old curry (iirc) though. Ewww

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Narag

Koutetsushin Jeeg 10

A mystery from the OP revealed, the story gets crazier, Kyo powers up,
Himika recovers both bronze bells
, the episode ends on one hell of a cliffhanger, and I think the world is about to end.

Even with all that, Jeeg has time to gattai with a demon-beast tiger god!!
Then promptly gets his shit stomped when he takes on Himika directly!!!

Amazing ep and I hope the last 3 carry this quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom