• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

and the VF-25 (fucking come on)

But on the other side is the fucking Mazinger Z! I grew up with that shit, along with the patriotic Korean copy, Taekwon V, which was slightly taller and thus automatically superior to the evil Japanese import.

Carnival Phantasm 11:

A Final Destination parody? lol Poor Lancer, the story's punching bag.

One of the things that the fansubbers missed in regards to Lancer's running gag is that its based on South Park and Kenny dying. In the japanese dub, they use 'hitodenashi!' in place of "You bastards!"(after they cry that Kenny's been killed). So all those "inhuman" lines were supposed to be, "You bastard!"

Also, there were two other Carnival Phantasm episodes, Carnival Phantasm EX and Ilya's Castle, a hilarious overdub of a Hollow Ataraxia minigame. After that, should you want to pursue, is Fate Prototype, a 12 minute teaser at 'what might have been', which is what Nasu had been writing for Fate Stay Night since high school.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sengoku Yuri 3

A show like this doesn't deserve those nice backgrounds and music.

VDIqh.jpg

OH
U8XSh.jpg

GOD
f1m8O.jpg

WHAT
BMu3s.jpg

IS
g12ry.jpg

THIS

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I already know what my next avatar will be anyway, it's not from this season.

To be fair to Sengoku, there were about 3 or so scenes where the characters looked decent.

Thankfully there hasn't been a worse-looking character than pink-haired girl since then.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Carnival Phantasm 12:

So they actually animate the elaborate date plans of Shiki and Shirou, which naturally go horribly wrong. Death flag triggered! XD Real life lesson: Don't date all, just date the main heroine. :p

Bonus: Two second Best Rider cameo.

One of the things that the fansubbers missed in regards to Lancer's running gag is that its based on South Park and Kenny dying. In the japanese dub, they use 'hitodenashi!' in place of "You bastards!"(after they cry that Kenny's been killed). So all those "inhuman" lines were supposed to be, "You bastard!"

Also, there were two other Carnival Phantasm episodes, Carnival Phantasm EX and Ilya's Castle, a hilarious overdub of a Hollow Ataraxia minigame. After that, should you want to pursue, is Fate Prototype, a 12 minute teaser at 'what might have been', which is what Nasu had been writing for Fate Stay Night since high school.

Didn't know that, thanks for clearing that up. Also, I'll have to check out Fate Prototype.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess what's finally started again!

Get to it, people. Quite a lot of new faces this year.

Two interesting bonus matchups for the first day, though the more relevant one is a couple's match between Kouichi/Mei from Another and Soushi/Ririchiyo from Inu x Boku.

I declare this whole poll null and void by the lack of Akari.

TeegsD

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Space Brothers and I'm really liking it so far. Really can't wait to see how this goes.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 14:

2qB9Ql.jpg

Pandering so fucking hard to otaku. Yayoi draws manga, loves tokusatsu, and plays RPGs? Pretty soon we'll find out that she has a hard drive full of ahegao fanarts of herself.

This episode wasn't quite as laugh-a-minute as the previous episode, but that was a very tough act to follow. Our intrepid heroes begin the second half of their Osaka school trip only to
get lost and wander in circles around each other
, bumping into gaggles of frumpy old women at every turn who apparently really like to shower little girls with candy. I have a feeling that this is some kind of Osaka stereotype.

uf1enl.jpg

Tokyo just jelly that they're not the takoyaki capital of Japan.

Takoyaki really does look like the food of the gods in any anime that it's in.
This is a perfectly non-weeaboo reason to curse not being born Japanese!

So surprise, surprise, Majolina happens to be in Osaka looking to try out some disgusting-ass natto candy, so AKANBE FIGHT, READY GO. What this week's fight lacked in good animation is made up in overall bizarreness plus
(FINALLY) in-battle use of cure decor
. Those poor Osakans are going to wonder
why the hell the Tsuutenkaku is suddenly in the middle of the street
when they wake up from the Bad End spell.

Next week is the
Mother's Day
episode that I'm pretty sure we get with every Precure, so I'm not expecting much.
It doesn't look to be focusing on Yayoi's mom, after all

ju1wll.jpg

You know what to do, cajun.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch 1

(FOR REAL THIS TIME!)

0a9oU.jpg

Bwomp! Bwooooomp!

During my past viewings, I remember wondering, "Wow, I wonder how they'll visually improve the series from here on out.....
what I saw was how they visually improved the series from thereon out. :S
Anyways, spilled milk and that jazz.

QFxbu.jpg

Hint: Never take written fortunes to heart.

So it's time for school and Yuno wakes up to run into her three already established pals at this time: Miyako, Sae and Hiro. Yuno forgets that she forgot to do her homework, then snow and stuff.

sE7Fd.jpg

Sae salty.

Anyways, collage homework is discussed and rice cakes shared. Hiro's obsession over weight is introduced.

A first episode I expected from the series. I hope everyone is looking forward to more wideface in their diet.

I will be providing!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
oh wow!

http://www.abload.de/img/1336331613455mnc5w.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SOO5Q.gif

Oh yes, quite excellent~ now the only question is
what side she's going to be on
. Additionally, this might actually mean that the AK arc is going to be on a larger scale. Excitement~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom