• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm in!
ivb0E.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
angel beats
This is why abstain exists.

You see all those abstains in my votes?

It's because none of those bitches deserve points, only the best waifus for me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kanon has my heart.

No amount of Dr. Pepper will change that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Voted, though the only girls worth a damn in the entire chart are Hitagi, Irisviel, Kuroneko, and Kurisu. I took the hipster route for most of the others and voted for the character from the less-popular series.

my vote chart

wonzo

Banned
This is why abstain exists.

You see all those abstains in my votes?

It's because none of those bitches deserve points, only the best waifus for me.
but abstaining would merely work in angel beats favour. gaf aoty 2010 never forget

sometimes hard decisions must be made

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If all else fails, use a coin. Of course now you'll never know who I actually chose and who just got lucky from the flip.

/XX/

I think that makes as much sense in English as it does in Japanese.
Atami is the place where the protagonists go for a seaside school trip on the next arc...
well, if that is what you are wondering.

Oh yes, quite excellent~ now the only question is
what side she's going to be on
I thought they would simply expand on the notion that SAKO lend Galil to AR-18 and the rest of the girls to be used as a reinforcement (good as a tracker) knowing of a possible enemy assault, so SAKO will probably join Galil & Co. for the battle, she is still a NATO girl (export version) after all.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch 2

I can't help but notice the lack of abstract art, patterns and doodles used for transitions here compared to Season 3 (Hoshimittsu). In a way they are missed, but in a way they got distracting as the show flips perspectives as "on-the-fly" as much as ever. Sometimes a quick switch to a new subject is more fitting than footprints walking across construction paper.

J3hL9.jpg

Miya sings in her sleep. D'aaaw.

Starts off with the gang finding out that Miya's rent is cheaper because she's the best . They stop to figure out this "mystery" (along with hideous solid color transitions and flashes, they are bad). What they come up with is
the creaky floorboards because the room used to be covered in blood.
lulz

ednTY.jpg

Yoshinoya is better than your homeroom teacher ever was.

Girls make sign for Hidamari Apartments, which I believe are the same by Season 3. That's cool. Anyways, the girls find out that Miya pays less because
the room is left unfinished and she's poor :(

OVV2s.jpg

It seems many more "photo objects" were used in the first season of Hida. They are ugly and should be used minimally, glad that change was made by season 3.

Festivaaaaal!

Okay episode, got some character ground covered and Yoshinoya in a bikini.

Kagami

Bodacious Space Pirates 18
I was a little surprised by the way this arc ended, because it felt like the most important move to save the day was the Bentenmaru's adult crew getting ahold of the arms deals info. Seems like once they had that data, messing around with showing Jenny's fiance being silly didn't matter much, stealing the thunder from any actions Marika herself took, which is something I'd expect to see earlier in the series rather than this late, but then again this is only volume 3 of the novels.

Did they explain why they couldn't just run all the way to the University instead of going to Jenny's fiance's ship? I wonder if I'm forgetting something from earlier in the series about how FTL jumps work in regards to being pursued.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon S 101:

H58cHl.jpg

jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~

Finally, a little progress in the
talisman hunt
, but in the worst way possible.
This was a cliffhanger, so I don't have much to say because I don't know how this is all going to resolve yet. Way to ruin Usagi's birthday, assholes!

Sailor Moon S 102:

OwzzGl.jpg

OH FUCK

I KNOW WHO THE SCIENTIST IS

Huy8El.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well that was certainly tense. I honestly wasn't expecting the battle to end with
TOKYO TOWER BLOWING UP
, but I suppose that I should be more surprised that
destruction on a grand scale
doesn't happen more often in this show.

Venus pretending to be Sailor Moon
was absolutely ace. All the better that the Senshi had to
throw Usagi under the bus in order to save her
, hahah.

With
Kaorinite dead
and
Uranus wavering in her commitment to her mission
, things have to change soon. The next episode is directed by Ikuhara himself, so here's hoping for something good.

Bodacious Space Pirates 18
Did they explain why they couldn't just run all the way to the University instead of going to Jenny's fiance's ship? I wonder if I'm forgetting something from earlier in the series about how FTL jumps work in regards to being pursued.

That was the original plan I think.
but the uncle was too close on their trail too fast

cajunator

Banned
Sengoku Yuri 3

A show like this doesn't deserve those nice backgrounds and music.

Holy fuck. Thats way worse than Kanon 2002 derpface, which can be cute. thats an abomination.

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Space Brothers and I'm really liking it so far. Really can't wait to see how this goes.

You'll LOVE this series. so good.

I will hunt down every single one of you who chose Kyouko over Erio. :(

I'll help you, although Kyoko is pretty awesome. Maybe I will let it slide.

Smile Precure 14:

This episode wasn't quite as laugh-a-minute as the previous episode, but that was a very tough act to follow. Our intrepid heroes begin the second half of their Osaka school trip only to
get lost and wander in circles around each other
, bumping into gaggles of frumpy old women at every turn who apparently really like to shower little girls with candy. I have a feeling that this is some kind of Osaka stereotype.

Takoyaki really does look like the food of the gods in any anime that it's in.
This is a perfectly non-weeaboo reason to curse not being born Japanese!

So surprise, surprise, Majolina happens to be in Osaka looking to try out some disgusting-ass natto candy, so AKANBE FIGHT, READY GO. What this week's fight lacked in good animation is made up in overall bizarreness plus
(FINALLY) in-battle use of cure decor
. Those poor Osakans are going to wonder
why the hell the Tsuutenkaku is suddenly in the middle of the street
when they wake up from the Bad End spell.

Next week is the
Mother's Day
episode that I'm pretty sure we get with every Precure, so I'm not expecting much.
It doesn't look to be focusing on Yayoi's mom, after all

This show is all about Yayoi's cuteness.

survivor

Banned
So・Ra・No・Wo・To 1

Kanata is just like me, we both suck at playing trumpet. Man, music class was such torture.

Good first episode. But seriously if anything sad happens to them, I'm gonna do something very bad to your waifu Envelope.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Fate/Zero 18:

A very surprising episode, but very powerful in defining Kiritsugu's character. Beautifully animated and directed, CG car non-withstanding.

cajunator

Banned
Woot. I figured out a way to post my result.

Oh shit. I forgot to vote for one. Oh well, Horo > Haruhi.

So・Ra・No・Wo・To 1

Kanata is just like me, we both suck at playing trumpet. Man, music class was such torture.

Good first episode. But seriously if anything sad happens to them, I'm gonna do something very bad to your waifu Envelope.

Seriously, it's not that kind of show.
Its no Saikano by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom