• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagami

The Unspeakable Programming Language-like Entity: Nyaruko

https://github.com/masarakki/nyaruko_lang

(うー = "Uuu" にゃー = "Nyaa")

Spec
  • (」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー - Move the pointer right
  • (」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー! - Increment by 1 the value at the pointer
  • (」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!! - Move the pointer left
  • (」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!! - Decrement by 1 the value at the pointer
  • CHAOS☆CHAOS! - If the value at the pointer is 0, jump to the corresponding I WANNA CHAOS!
  • I WANNA CHAOS! - If the value at the pointer is not 0, jump to the corresponding CHAOS☆CHAOS!
  • Let's\(・ω・)/にゃー - Output the value at the pointer
  • cosmic! - Read in 1 byte from input
  • All other characters/carriage returns are ignored.

Code sample (See above link for a multi-line view)

haiyoru_konton.nyaruko
Code:
(」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!CHAOS☆CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!I WANNA CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!Let's\(・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!CHAOS☆CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!I WANNA CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!Let's\(・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!Let's\(・ω・)/にゃーLet's\(・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!Let's\(・ω・)/にゃーCHAOS☆CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!I WANNA CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!CHAOS☆CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!I WANNA CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!Let's\(・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!CHAOS☆CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!I WANNA CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!Let's\(・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!CHAOS☆CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!I WANNA CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!Let's\(・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!Let's\(・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!Let's\(・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!Let's\(・ω・)/にゃーCHAOS☆CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!I WANNA CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!CHAOS☆CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー(/・ω・)/にゃー(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!I WANNA CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!Let's\(・ω・)/にゃーCHAOS☆CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!!I WANNA CHAOS!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!Let's\(・ω・)/にゃー

execute
./nyaruko haiyoru_konton.nyaruko

output
Hello World!

Narag

Alright, I'll hold off then.

It's kinda nice how cheap anime is compared to when I used to watch it. I remember when Dragon Ball Z DVDs were like $25 each, and had like 3 episodes. Now you can get whole series of a lot of the shows I used to watch for a fraction of what it would've cost ten years ago.

Unless it's Fate/Zero. That's just the first half too!

Geneijin

It's kinda nice how cheap anime is compared to when I used to watch it. I remember when Dragon Ball Z DVDs were like $25 each, and had like 3 episodes. Now you can get whole series of a lot of the shows I used to watch for a fraction of what it would've cost ten years ago.

cajunator

Banned
Fistbump to DTL for bumping the tsuritama thread.

It depends on how old the series is and just how good the upscale is. Compare the R1 DVD's to the BD boxset release of Baccano! which were much better than what the North American audience got before.

It seems like this particular set is worth getting. Will have to consider it later.

But it looks like corn soup goddamnit! :(

We can pretend that it is, because they dont say what it is in the first place!

Risette

A Good Citizen

You can get 42 episodes of DBZ in a single Dragon Box these days! Too bad they're out of print and being sold for stupid high prices second hand...

Anyways, since you like Bebop I also assume that you probably like Champloo. The first BD release of Champloo is bad but the new Anime Classics line release that came out is good and better than the DVDs.

If you ever need any more advice with anime discs just pop in here. I have the answer to everything, pretty much!

Kagami

Wow. I'm trying to think how somebody can rationally spend that much money on such so little. 13 episodes for $370. Damn.
Anime has this sort of patrons/peanut gallery thing going on.

Any impressions on Funimation's subscription service?
Comparable with The Anime Network.
Not as good as Crunchyroll.

• Can't turn off subtitles
  • Player seems to have some disconnection issues
  • HD is limited to 720 (Though right now the amount of anime being produced higher than 720 is so tiny it's moot. As far as I know, Another is the first and only show to really benefit from CR's 1080.)
  • The interface for figuring out if a show is available in HD or not is obscure
  • They advertise having the home video versions (fixed animation/uncensored) of shows as part of the value of a subscription, but there's no indication of which shows are home video versions and which are TV

But really it's a matter of (1) Do they have exclusive content you want to see that's limited to subscribers? and (2) Even if the SD version is free to non-subscribers, do you want to see it in HD?
So probably best to check out their title list.

Jarmel

Banned
Sakamichi 3

The whole Christianity angle is interesting as fuck as I know how rare it is over there. I also wonder where they might go with that. I really wasn't expecting a religious component to the show.

The soft shadows are really starting to bother me now that you guys pointed it out.

Romance angle feels kinda forced but I can role with it.

Rape is Japan's way of saying hello.

cajunator

Banned
Sakamichi 3

The whole Christianity angle is interesting as fuck as I know how rare it is over there. I also wonder where they might go with that. I really wasn't expecting a religious component to the show.

The soft shadows are really starting to bother me now that you guys pointed it out.

Romance angle feels kinda forced but I can role with it.

Rape is Japan's way of saying hello.

Twintails is somehow getting cuter every episode.

Koroviev

Anime has this sort of patrons/peanut gallery thing going on.

Comparable with The Anime Network.
Not as good as Crunchyroll.

• Can't turn off subtitles
  • Player seems to have some disconnection issues
  • HD is limited to 720 (Though right now the amount of anime being produced higher than 720 is so tiny it's moot. As far as I know, Another is the first and only show to really benefit from CR's 1080.)
  • The interface for figuring out if a show is available in HD or not is obscure
  • They advertise having the home video versions (fixed animation/uncensored) of shows as part of the value of a subscription, but there's no indication of which shows are home video versions and which are TV

But really it's a matter of (1) Do they have exclusive content you want to see that's limited to subscribers? and (2) Even if the SD version is free to non-subscribers, do you want to see it in HD?
So probably best to check out their title list.
I really prefer HD, but already pay for Netflix and CR. Just did a quick comparison and the main show missing is Future Diary. Kind of a bummer, but don't think I want to support each publisher having their own service and forcing users to have many subs where one or two should suffice.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Would have been funny to submit something with this while I was at Uni.
It's horribly conceived. You have two classes of operations mixed into a singular syntax for exclamation point counting. This is better:

(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー! - Move the pointer right
Let's\(・ω・)/にゃー!! - Increment by 1 the value at the pointer
(」・ω・)」うー!\(・ω・\)にゃー! - Move the pointer left
Let's\(・ω・)/にゃー - Decrement by 1 the value at the pointer
(」・ω・)」うー!!!(/・ω・)/にゃー!!! - Output the value at the pointer
(」・ω・)」うー!!!\(・ω・\)にゃー!!! - Read in 1 byte from input

Alternately, you could make the language more complex by making the initial exclamation points determine if it's shift or i/o and then the second set of exclamation points serve as its parameter.

Jex

[The Professional - Goglo 13]

I was warned about the helicopter, but no one told me about the movies amazing opening sequence featuring a skeleton:

goglo13-2.png
goglo13-7.png

What?

goglo13-3.png
goglo13-6.png

Symbolic? Who knows.

Oh, that aforementioned CG helicopter:

goglo13-5.png

This movie was clearly ahead of it's time. It also contains some of most beautiful love scenes in anime:

goglo13-4.png

Yeah.

wonzo

Banned
Any impressions on Funimation's subscription service?
it's restricted to north america so it's pretty shit afaic

[*]HD is limited to 720 (Though right now the amount of anime being produced higher than 720 is so tiny it's moot. As far as I know, Another is the first and only show to really benefit from CR's 1080.)
Nisemonogatari and Bodacious Space Pirates also benefited from 1080p.

Sakamichi 3
it's nice to know i'm not alone in my time travelling adventures!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kakeru hit his head and went into Suguru mode, then after dribbling through the whole team he snaps out of it and doesn't remember anything, the team comes back from 2-0 down with Kakeru doing some mythical faint that made the ball disappear and scores the winner, insert a heartfelt speech on how losing a match isn't the end of world etc etc.
And the next episode looks to be jumping more into the heart business of how he's retained the previous owners memories and crap, how deep does this rabbit hole go!!
Wow, fuck this show. :p

Although, I wonder if this is supposed to be reflective of some Shinto/Buddhist philosophy that I simply don't understand. I already felt like it was nonsense with that doctor who was obsessed with the idea, but this just sounds crazy. There's a part of me that hopes that it's just the mangaka who is a hack though. :p

What? are you talking about Ginga e Kickoff?

It's really good or just not so bad as Area?

I've watched the 5 episodes. It's good. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a Kobayashi fan!

Kagami

Nisemonogatari and Bodacious Space Pirates also benefited from 1080p.
Oooh didn't notice on Pirates.
Is the whole show high-res? Or just the 3D space scenes or something?
With any luck I'll have the first BD in today and can check it out at high bitrate.

wonzo

Banned
Oooh didn't notice on Pirates.
Is the whole show high-res? Or just the 3D space scenes or something?
With any luck I'll have the first BD in today and can check it out at high bitrate.
It's really only the CG that's mastered at a higher rez than 720p but that's better than nothing.

Defuser

Accel World ep 3
uhhhhhhhhhh.....that was rather uhhhhhhhhhh uncomfortable but at least Chiyu blushes and cry alot which is :cajun.

The power of anime,if you're a MC you get always attract a girl no matter how you look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom