• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Accel World ep 3
uhhhhhhhhhh.....that was rather uhhhhhhhhhh uncomfortable but at least Chiyu blushes and cry alot which is :cajun.

The power of anime,if you're a MC you get always attract a girl no matter how you look.

Well atleast he's going to go through her backdoor next episode.

Defuser

Well atleast he's going to go through her backdoor next episode.
I can't believe I smile at that lol

gzEdK.jpg

etTZ8.jpg

EpYzy.jpg
Haru is living the dream.

like_icon.jpg

Question is though, who's backdooring who? Is she backdooring him while he's searching through her private places, or is someone else backdooring her by proxy?

I think it was someone else (probably her boyfriend) using her to hide his identity. She's likely unaware that her boyfriend has been secretly backdooring her all this time.

Any impressions on Funimation's subscription service?

I like it. Eden if the East + movies + hd + dub made it worth it, as well as Fairy Tail in HD. Interface was the only issue I have but its convienient.

I really prefer HD, but already pay for Netflix and CR. Just did a quick comparison and the main show missing isf Future Diary. Kind of a bummer, but don't think I want to support each publisher having their own service and forcing users to have many subs where one or two should suffice.

If you want future diary then pay the 25 cent fee to english nico nico. I like their player for that, symphogear, guilty crown and uta no prince sama.

NewFresh

So this weeks episode of Apollon (Ep.02) was pretty good. What I found the most interesting about it was the use of music and the camera during "emotional" scenes. There were two scenes in particular that stood out.

The first being
when Kaoru was swimming in circles around Ritsuko. He sees her smile and the light xylophone (Just guessing on the instrument) music cues up as the camera spins around her

The second scene was the final one in the episode.
Here we see Sentaro save a girl from a group of thugs and after they leave we get a very romanticized look at her. The wind blowing though her hair, a closeups of her shoulder, Sentaro's glazed over eyes.
But again the music stands out; the piano tune isn't imposing and doesn't feel manipulative, it feels like it fits perfectly with the emotions on screen and the scenery around them.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So this weeks episode of Apollon (Ep.02) was pretty good. What I found the most interesting about it was the use of music and the camera during "emotional" scenes. There were two scenes in particular that stood out.

The first being
when Kaoru was swimming in circles around Ritsuko. He sees her smile and the light xylophone (Just guessing on the instrument) music cues up as the camera spins around her

That scene was good. I couldn't quite put my finger on why at the time, but it really felt... I don't know, honest. Good stuff.

Steroyd

Yami to Boushi - 10

9crjx.jpg

The incoherency from each episode is a sight to behold, from tickle rape to... a really fucked up Space Odysee. o_O

Kazzy

So, how is Sakamichi no Apollon shaping up? It was on my radar for a while, but my attempts to stay in anyway relevant with my anime watching is laughable. What's the general consensus on the show?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So, how is Sakamichi no Apollon shaping up? It was on my radar for a while, but my attempts to stay in anyway relevant with my anime watching is laughable. What's the general consensus on the show?

It's classy as hell, strong in terms of characters, charming, and well-directed. Also, the use of the soundtrack is top-notch.

cajunator

Banned
Yami to Boushi - 10

9crjx.jpg

The incoherency from each episode is a sight to behold, from tickle rape to... a really fucked up Space Odysee. o_O

This show is truly amazing. I love it up to episode 7. Cant wait to watch more. Its such an insane mass of utter confusion.

WELL worth watching. Very nicely directed and musically excellent. Entertaining too.

/XX/

Fake Ronaldo truly does ruin everything.
Fake Ronaldo? But that is what Benzema aims for... this is the reason he is Mr. "Gornaldo" Ronaldo's #1 fan/lover!

Is that, animation I see? In a football anime? Times have changed.
I may have said it before, but Captain Tsubasa J has very impressive moments of animation... really!

to let people know that an excellent series like tsuritama exists?
Yep, we don't have to forget our education mission aimed at those outside this community! We have Envelope's useful compilation of the existing threads for all who are wondering how many there are (it would be nice if someone added this into the OP):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36918253&postcount=15402

Jex

[Sankarea - 3]

The secret best zombie show continues to deliver the goods this week, even when the goods range from serious(ly exaggerated) family drama to comedy to fanservice (including panytshots, what a throwback!). I am impressed that they've kept it together for three whole episodes, especially considering how ridiculous the conceit of this show is.

Everything just feels remarkably well thought out and deliberate. Even thought the tone of episode shifts through a variety of different scenes it never loses sight of where it's going and the threat posed by the antagonist. It's a an impressive balancing act because you might expect a show to lose it's gravitas at some point but everything still feels important.

sankareaIII.png

Still, the potential for things to really go off the rails begins now and I have no idea where the story is going, so watch this space. I am sure fans of 'best girl' will be disappointed.

Ultimadrago

[Sankarea - 3]

The secret best zombie show continues to deliver the goods this week, even when the goods range from serious(ly exaggerated) family drama to comedy to fanservice (including panytshots, what a throwback!). I am impressed that they've kept it together for three whole episodes, especially considering how ridiculous the conceit of this show is.

"Exaggerated" is correct. I can't take the antagonist more seriously than a pinch of salt. Their demeanor is just too, something. "Cartoony" was the term I used in my impressions, but that's just informal and general. I just find them silly. Besides that, I am liking the execution of the other characters and narrative.

Steroyd

Yami to Boushi - 11

WARNING - Pausing an episode midway, making a sandwhich and coming back to resume it, may lead you to forget exactly how the episode started.

Ultimadrago

[Sankarea - 3]
I am sure fans of 'best girl' will be disappointed.

Mero will be just fine. lol!

Seriously,here's to Sankarea hopefully not transforming into shitty harem hi-jinks.

Yami to Boushi - 11

WARNING - Pausing an episode midway, making a sandwhich and coming back to resume it, may lead you to forget exactly how the episode started.

You should know that pausing is of the devil!

frostbyte

Is it me or are you guys posting faster now? Must be the new thread smell.

and I'm really LTTP so bear with me.

Accel World 3

Looks like the three episode test still works. This got a bit more interesting though the info dump at the beginning was a bit too long winded. Haruyuki didn't piss me off too much and, overall, this episode was pretty ok.

My main gripe still is with Haruyuki's design. It completely breaks my already minimal immersion and I just can't take the scene seriously whenever I see his face. Still seems like a controversial design for the sake of being controversial...

and I also get so pissed off at this kind of stuff:
It's like they deliberately want creepy doujin of it. Why does it have to be on the bed? Why does Chiyuri put her leg up like that as if she wants Haru to peek? Speaking of peek, why does it feel like she was wagging her cute ass around while looking for the cable? Why does the cable have to be that short? Why exactly are there so many cat dolls around like creepy voyeurs? Why are they in that position?

I like fanservice in anime but I don't like it when it actively interferes in what's supposed to be a serious part.

Even if Accel World becomes more than just a shitty, pandering, otaku wish fulfillment show that has a vaguely familiar/unoriginal plot, I can't take this show seriously. ARRRGH.

Tsuritama 2

Tsuritama and the cast's starting to grow on me. I still don't prefer the overly bright colours but they really suit the world they're trying to portray and the slice-of-lifeness of it. I'm still surprised at the amount of colours they can jam in each scene, even in generic environments like the school and their house. I really liked the choice of the use of the
picture reel effect
. Really brings another level to rewinding and contemplating past actions.

Sankarea 3

Really liked the start. The transitions were very well done and they fit the context of the situation.

The visual direction really is great, especially with this shot:

It demonstrates their relationship, how they view each other and doesn't waste time by integrating the motion in the moment with it as well. I love how they did that.

Love the Wanko light-hearted interlude in the middle. Dayum, this is how you do fanservice.

Holy crap at the end. Didn't expect that at all.

Still can't believe this is by DEEN, even with the SHAFT director and other staff. Surprised at how compentently directed this feels, since there are so many potential pitfalls, and the visual direction is, again, excellent.

Kore wa Zombie of the Dead 3

hahaha, Kore wa Zombie continues to amuse me. the dance and the "new" Orito, especially. Some of the jokes are getting a bit forced though.

and this is DEEN quality. The animation for the CG otaku is amazing.

Jex

"Exaggerated" is correct. I can't take the antagonist more seriously than a pinch of salt. Their demeanor is just too, something. "Cartoony" was the term I used in my impressions, but that's just informal and general. I just find them silly. Besides that, I am liking the execution of the other characters and narrative.

I believe I mentioned last week that his ability to see all, know all and control all was quite ridiculous and I couldn't really take him seriously because it was all so implausible. However, I do find his brand of ruthless callousness to be fairly chilling.

Ultimadrago

Everyone ignored my post in the Ookami Kodomo thread, so here is my revenge:

http://i.imgur.com/oAaaI.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

duckroll, keep those [I]things [/I] in a doghouse!

[quote="PdotMichael, post: 37154690"][URL="http://vimeo.com/12650466"]Then watch the OP of the anime. [/URL]

marvelous[/QUOTE]

Strange, doesn't seem to be loading for me.

I'll check the OP out on Crunchyroll.

frostbyte

I only watched around 10 episodes of Giant Killing and it was okay but nothing special. Does it get better?

That's a nice OP song you got there, never heard it before.

New thread smell.

Also, on Accel World, have there been any virtua-fight-mathingies? If so, is the action solid?

There was some virtual fight scenes in episode 2 although it was more between a
motorbike and virtual Haru
. I guess it was okay, animation-wise. I'd reserve judgement for now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom