• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Ginga e Kickoff!! 4

ginga4.jpg

Further evidence that drunken coaches make the best coaches.

Tell that to Machoshii if you can!

Be advised; the following link leads to slightly... strange and I suppose slightly explicit content as well... careful!

「まっちょしぃ」のイラスト・作品検索一覧 [pixiv]
http://www.pixiv.net/tags.php?tag=まっちょしぃ
"Sorry, no results were found"

phew, looks like what little's left of my sanity remains intact for yet another day

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% 13

That was a good end for the series. Sure, they went the
harem
route, but it was a pretty good way to end the show. The characters were pretty fun, Wakamoto stole every scene he was in, the songs are stupidly catchy and the visuals were pretty good.

I think a season 2 was announced so more pretty boys singing pretty songs is ok with me. Now, to listen to the OST.

tumblr_m38o71ic2q1qkm8keo6_250.gif

You finished it so fast. Hopefully s2 gets dated for summer, or I guess fall. Probably my favorite of the genre.

Fairy Tail 117

This guy is a magical Revolver Ocelot.

Fight is turning out to be much better than expected.

Natsu was pretty epic in that fight.
tumblr_m07hrqR7XF1qbs05mo1_250.gif

Grzi

Started watching Highschool of the Dead. The first episode was fun as fuck, great animation, and I love the opening song. Don't expect much really, but I'm guessing it'll keep me entertained for the entire run.

What was the AnimeGAF consensus on this show anyway?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Started watching Highschool of the Dead. The first episode was fun as fuck, great animation, and I love the opening song. Don't expect much really, but I'm guessing it'll keep me entertained for the entire run.

It's bad

And there's much better things you could be watching

Defuser

LOLZ bullet time bewbs! seems to be the only thing GAF ever say whenever it gets brought up.

faridmon

Cringe wothy bad. Terrible terrible show. Yes it had great production falue and some of the moemnts were Lol worthy, but on the whole, it was just an embarressing show.

Nothing wrong with it, it's just brainless entertainment with more than enough fanservice.

Giant Killing is more serious football stuff and Kickoff is a lighthearted anime about friendship and all the children anime stuff. It's more like Kickers...

Ryuukan

You will be entertained throughout.

It's bad

And there's much better things you could be watching

I don't think he's looking for a show to talk about with the other girls on the monkey bars during recess.

Jintor

It's great because it's fucking terrible.

I have a horrible fascination with it. It's well-made badness.

I just... I don't know. I really like zombies and I really like fanservice. And I recognise that this is pretty horrific at being a good story, but goddamn if it's not really great at being about zombies and fanservice.

sonicmj1

I liked the first episode a lot. Then I watched 8 more episodes hoping it would come back, but it never did.

The first episode felt to me like an actual horror show, with a sense of life-or-death stakes. But it's more about gratuitous fanservice and over-the-top action.

As long as your expectations are aligned, you can have a good time with it.

Ryuukan

It's great because it's fucking terrible.

I have a horrible fascination with it. It's well-made badness.

I just... I don't know. I really like zombies and I really like fanservice. And I recognise that this is pretty horrific at being a good story, but goddamn if it's not really great at being about zombies and fanservice.

It's ok to admit you like things.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ojamajo Doremi 1

vegHG.jpg

That's such a Tsubomi face right there

The art in this show feels like a weird mix of HeartCatch and Sailor Moon, I like it so far. Although I don't like Doremi's witch outfit at all. :(

Also, it seems really dangerous to be a witch if all someone needs to do to turn you into a blob of goo is just say you're a witch? I mean, those outfits are a pretty big giveaway. And there's a book about how to spot witches easily available? Something really strange is going on there...

XLbHK.jpg

A hand drawn weathervane. AKB0048, take notes.

Doremi is pretty annoying with how often she declares how unfortunate she is. The second
time stop was pretty funny, though.

lxJLF.jpg

Tentacle hair!

cajunator

Banned
I am simply referring to the [censored] of the characters, not the quality of the show itself. But a lot of other magical girl characters are more [censored] than Sakura anyway.

They dont look cuter than Sakura, but then again I havent seen much of them.
The art style kind of reminds me of fushigi Boshi no Futago Hime with the hypercute exaggerated character designs. Very cute indeed, but I prefer the style of CCS.

tiff

Banned

Atrocious first episode, boring thereafter.

faridmon

I'd rather watch a show for 3 year old girls than Highschool of the Dead. :)

Cajunator, I never thought Sakura was particularly cute in the first place, so take that as you will.

Hyberbole aside, yes, there are far worse shows I would rather watch than HotD. Its that bad. And the funny thing is, its not actually that bad.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I wasn't as fond of the first episode of Doremi as say, Sailor Moon or Precure, but why do you think Doremi is so bad?

Must be for kids because it's about kids, not fappable enough, etc. Not saying that there aren't valid reasons not to like it, I'm just trying to think of the most likely reasons not to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom