• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eureka Seven Ep. 18

This was actually a pretty good episode, aside from the stupidity of the last scene. I wish the story hadn't been confined to one episode, since it was a bit rushed at the end. While I would have liked some more exposition, I'm glad that the writer didn't do an info dump.

Narag

Sailor Moon S 107

There's some really poorly animated action in this after some so much greatness in the previous eps. I'd be disappointed if the slice of life wasn't so great. Many, many fabulous Usagi faces.

XADoHl.png

sq8spl.png

Pqh7hl.png

Thoraxes

Korean Zombie Desk Car Of Za Ded - 06

This show satisfied pretty much everything I like about anime into one episode. Also, I was still laughing. I still can't not watch the ED because it's like crack. [REDACTED] everywhere.

BOOBS ARE JUSTICE!

I'LL BE BACK.
I'LL BE BACK.
I'LLLLL BEEEE BAAACCKKKK!
I'LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BEEEEEEEEE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Dat Hirmatsu being the best zombie desk car girl.

cajunator

Banned

This show satisfied pretty much everything I like about anime into one episode. Also, I was still laughing. I still can't not watch the ED because it's like crack. [REDACTED] everywhere.

BOOBS ARE JUSTICE!

I'LL BE BACK.
I'LL BE BACK.

What episode of Cardcaptor Sakura have you survived to?

BOOBS ARE JUSTICE!

I'LL BE BACK.
I'LL BE BACK.

It seems like a 'serious eps' is coming up soon.

sigh*

Jex

One Outs 7

It's weird to see a baseball team owner so determined to run his team into the ground simply to spite one player on it. Of course, Toua was too good to succumb to that.

Classic.
Although Toua being the only person on any of the teams to be aware of the weather forecast is a little implausible. But whatever!

Mind-Game shows often involve an inherent rule which is: everyone but the protagonist is a stupid-head.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I dunno
Looks kind of corny

Theres a kernel of truth to your statement.

There will be consequences if you two don't shut the husk up with the puns.

I'm amaized that you've been able to keep it up this long.

Its an ingrained habit

are you stalking me?

Aw schucks, you figured it out.

well that came out of left field

Oh i'm sure you could cobble something together.

Sometimes inspiration just pops into your head.

An idea gets planted in your brain.

Sorry, i'm done now.

Hey, don't flake out on me, bro!

SXgJl.gif

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Rewatching the final sequence in episode 25 right now, before going to bed.

That song. God. Damn. Unbelievable.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rokyuubu 1

jS8sO.jpg

This show is thoroughly offensive on multiple levels. Only one of which is the disturbingly misogynistic effort involved in taking a story about a girl's sports team and twisting it into something that panders to lolicon otaku. The characters themselves aren't worth mentioning because none of them have any real personality, will, or even life of their own at all. It's transparently obvious that they're just shallow tools to be moe/cute/whatever for the viewer. The protagonist is your typical dull male, and the plot is just there as a pretense. "Yay, we get to see girls exert themselves but we don't actually give a damn about any struggle or conflict they may have, we just need to get our fix." It's not as if the sport of basketball itself is presented as anything remotely interesting either, because apparently just making a field goal is enough to draw awe from our coach.

In all honestly, this is the kind of show that makes me wish the military would kick down doors, put black bags over faces, and drag otaku to undisclosed locations to never be seen again, but only after publicly executing the people behind these shows.

Evidence:

Just in case you didn't pick up on the otaku-show vibe from the OP, the next scene emphasizes the point:
NZbn3.jpg

Followed by a series of upskirts:
P3YJM.jpg

k63eA.jpg

9Hs07.jpg

J7qMb.jpg

Ubowa.jpg

This girl is supposed to be the protagonist's older sister but she still looks like she's fucking 5.
5206t.jpg

AJDkX.jpg

And, of course, the D cup 6th grader...
0maG0.jpg

Oh, and just in case you weren't uncomfortable enough...
zYeVX.jpg

1N3ue.jpg

JL8yQ.jpg

Sa7i6.jpg

dKYdi.jpg

^ Remember folks, darkside likes that show unironically.

Eureka Seven Ep. 19

This episode.
ibfj3Bo8WiXdgO.gif

I really don't look forward to seeing short hair Eureka again.

Lupin III - Blood Seal: Eternal Mermaid

The last Lupin production before the current Fujiko series is its opposite in many ways. Whereas the Fujiko series is cynical, hard-edged, and a radical departure for the franchise; Blood Seal is light-hearted, soft, and safe. It follows the family-friendly side of Lupin, with the characters exactly as you'd expect: Zenigata continually in hapless pursuit of Lupin, Fujiko double-crossing everyone and only mildly seductive, and so forth. It even has a bit of a Miyazaki touch, with a caged princess in need of rescuing and a gentle visual style. (Incidentally the character designer, Yoshiharu Sato, worked on many Ghibli films.) It hits the beats you would expect from a heist/Indiana Jones type story.

Not that that's a bad thing. After living for weeks with characters who feel world-weary and empty, it's refreshing to see the Lupin gang having so much fun. Their varied capers were continually entertaining, with the opening sequence and the stairway escape especially strong in terms of direction and animation. They contained a lot of 2D vehicle action, which is always nice to see. I was worried that the plucky young girl sidekick introduced would be annoying, but she justified her existence by the end. I didn't like
the direction the "superactive cell" plot went with the monster transformation - that was a pretty lame climax. I could accept immortality, but the Hulk is a bit much.
On the other hand,
the intertwined payoff of the mermaid and Lupin family plots right after that was a nice touch.

All in all, it may not be amazingly original or memorable, but it is a solid, worthwhile entry in the Lupin franchise. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if someone is looking for a change from the world of Fujiko Mine.

Jex

Rokyuubu 1

jS8sO.jpg

This show is thoroughly offensive on multiple levels. Only one of which is the disturbingly misogynistic effort involved in taking a story about a girl's sports team and twisting it into something that panders to lolicon otaku. The characters themselves aren't worth mentioning because none of them have any real personality, will, or even life of their own at all. It's transparently obvious that they're just shallow tools to be moe/cute/whatever for the viewer. The protagonist is your typical dull male, and the plot is just there as a pretense. "Yay, we get to see girls exert themselves but we don't actually give a damn about any struggle or conflict they may have, we just need to get our fix." It's not as if the sport itself is presented as anything remotely interesting either, because apparently just making a field goal is enough to draw awe from our coach.

In all honestly, this is the kind of show that makes me wish the military would kick down doors, put black bags over faces, and drag otaku to undisclosed locations to never be seen again, but only after publicly executing the people behind these shows.

So, what are you going to do about the Gaffers who watched this show, huh?

Jex

I was only making the statement to draw attention to the fact that my username is a Bebop reference while sporting a Precure avatar, but............things spiraled horribly out of control after a misunderstanding. I really hope that pizzaroll and hosanna saw my apologies.
It's okay, I've heard rumour that pizzaroll has no soul.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't know what game Hitokage is playing but I'm quite sure he lost.

He didn't lose.

I should have listened to pizzaroll. This show is garbage. The worst kind of garbage. The characters in this show are awful, the voice acting is awful (the one exception being god damn Victor Sullivan for ONE episode), the animation is awful, the storyline is awful, the music is awful, the aangst is awful. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about the first season.

Fuck this show.

It's okay, I've heard rumour that pizzaroll has no soul.
That explains the dislike for Kids on the Slope.
I got bad news for you.

I hated it too.
This isn't my first time watching Eureka Seven. :(

I should have listened to pizzaroll. This show is garbage. The worst kind of garbage. The characters in this show are awful, the voice acting is awful (the one exception being god damn Victor Sullivan for ONE episode), the animation is awful, the storyline is awful, the music is awful, the aangst is awful. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about the first season.

Fuck this show.
ite00jVZvkPcK.gif

Instro

Rokyuubu 1

jS8sO.jpg

This show is thoroughly offensive on multiple levels. Only one of which is the disturbingly misogynistic effort involved in taking a story about a girl's sports team and twisting it into something that panders to lolicon otaku. The characters themselves aren't worth mentioning because none of them have any real personality, will, or even life of their own at all. It's transparently obvious that they're just shallow tools to be moe/cute/whatever for the viewer. The protagonist is your typical dull male, and the plot is just there as a pretense. "Yay, we get to see girls exert themselves but we don't actually give a damn about any struggle or conflict they may have, we just need to get our fix." It's not as if the sport itself is presented as anything remotely interesting either, because apparently just making a field goal is enough to draw awe from our coach.

i2QeNLEqUHr1v.jpg

Just think, you only have 11 more increasingly shameless episodes to go.

Uchip

Banned

Fuck this show.

Not every show can be My Little Pony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom