• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I think we all know what true premium pricing in the Us now entails.
I don't think that official imports should count as part of the US market. Aniplex USA is merely acting as a middleman.

For releases that they created specifically for the US market, the price was (much) lower -- ie Baccano, Madoka regular edition

duckroll

Which one has the bigger assets?

GDcLY.jpg
l5u79.jpg

Jex

It's okay Dresden, I see nothing wrong about criticising the quality of writing on ANN. If we don't do it, who will? The internet is filled with people who can write about anime with far greater style, expertise and intelligence.

I am totally about this too, not that I think are tittering about it will make a lick of difference. As one of the largest English language websites on the subject it should really demand a higher calibre of writer.

cajunator

Banned
I don't think that official imports should count as part of the US market. Aniplex USA is merely acting as a middleman.

For releases that they created specifically for the US market, the price was (much) lower -- ie Baccano, Madoka regular edition

Either way, I have been paying 50/disc occasionally for limited edition stuff since the 2000's when this shit was more popular. Like the Scrapped Princess volumes that came with the figurines.

It's okay Dresden, I see nothing wrong about criticising the quality of writing on ANN. If we don't do it, who will? The internet is filled with people who can write about anime with far greater style, expertise and intelligence.

I am totally about this too, not that I think are tittering about it will make a lick of difference. As one of the largest English language websites on the subject it should really demand a higher calibre of writer.

Outside the final paragraph, I don't think it's a particularly bad review. Just happens to be praising a show a lot of people here think is bad. He backs up his position for the most part in an articulate way.

cajunator

Banned
You haven't lived until you poke an alligator in the head while fishing.
They usually don't attack or anything though they just go under.
(don't do this by the way)

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't know about that. The author of the manga seems to have a vested interest in explaining fishing in great depth.

Still, whether or not you like the fishing-centric nature of this series, it's clearly a massive improvement from [C] and it aptly demonstrates that Kenji Nakamura is at his best when working with quirky, off-beat shows.

I can hope, can't I? If Yuki is just learning new fishing techniques each week, he's not going to have nearly enough time to
save the world
!

I'm certainly not enjoying Tsuritama as much as Mononoke or even Trapeze, but it's absolutely better than [C].

Terra will never be a part of the Teen Titans. Get over it.

no u

being in the Teen Titans would just drag her down into the inferior girls club with Raven and Starfire.

Spear guns don't count.

Spear-fishing by hand is hard, so can we all just agree that it's actually whaling that's manliest?

Lain

Mai-Hime 2-3

Oooh, I am getting nice yuri vibes between Natsuki and Shizuru, plus Mai/Mikoto make a nice duo (love Mikoto's face stuffed with food, she acts like a wild cat and that's kind of cute as well).
The action isn't anything exceptional so far, but it's interesting enough.

Jex

Outside the final paragraph, I don't think it's a particularly bad review. Just happens to be praising a show a lot of people here think is bad. He backs up his position for the most part in an articulate way.

It's theoretically possible to like BRS TV and be a good human being.

Theoretically.

cajunator

Banned
Mai-Hime 2-3

Oooh, I am getting nice yuri vibes between Natsuki and Shizuru, plus Mai/Mikoto make a nice duo (love Mikoto's face stuffed with food, she acts like a wild cat and that's kind of cute as well).
The action isn't anything exceptional so far, but it's interesting enough.

There is definitely yuri in Mai Hime. but its not the focus of the show by any means.

cajunator

Banned
That depends on your definition of "like". Does it mean watching it because its awful, or does it mean genuinely thinking it is a good show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom