• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Akibaranger 6

akibaranger6.jpg
The greatest delusion of them all!
Sisters and twins, an interesting exhibition match setup for today.
Proceed.

Also I guess I'll show my choices for once.
isml5.jpg

Just started Soul Eater. And by started I mean I'm now on episode 2-something. This show seriously deserves to be talked about more. It has such an awesome aesthetic and the characters are so lovable.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Smile Precure 15
EvPeF.jpg

Another Miyuki episode?
well, I'm not complaining, it's nice to see some real character for her.
Smile Precure Mother's day > Fate/Zero's

Wolfrun is the best baddie in smile, Oni is just annoying and Majorika is kind of boring
apart from OBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-SAAAAAAN

Next week is finally the Reika episode we need! But sadly it also has Oni. :(

Just started Soul Eater. And by started I mean I'm now on episode 2-something. This show seriously deserves to be talked about more. It has such an awesome aesthetic and the characters are so lovable.

That reminds me that I need to go through my second rewatch of the series but on Blu Ray. Picked it up last summer but never even opened it up to watch. Hopefully sales will inspire them to do a Soul Eater -returns- to incorporate all manga material.

The first OP and the song Psychadelic Soul Jam are its best songs in the anime and Black Star, ftw.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Yup, I love the artstyle of Soul Eater and it has one of the best OPs ever. Sadly, the pacing is a bit slow in the first half, and the show falls apart in the second half once it stops following the manga. Since you're enjoying it, I recommend reading the manga when you finish, it gets really crazy later on, and the mangaka's art keeps improving throughout the series.

Yeah DTL, I would love to see a sort of FMA:B style remake for this show once the manga finishes.

That reminds me that I need to go through my second rewatch of the series but on Blu Ray. Picked it up last summer but never even opened it up to watch. Hopefully sales will inspire them to do a Soul Eater -returns- to incorporate all manga material.

The first OP and the song Psychadelic Soul Jam are its best songs in the anime and Black Star, ftw.
It's on Netflix now, if you can't be bothered to open the Blu-rays up. I would wholeheartedly agree about Black Star were his dubbed voice not so irritating and girly. I actually thought he was a girl at the end of the first episode. The show doesn't seem to show any signs of becoming worse where I'm at. Guess I'll report back soon. XD

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It's on Netflix now, if you can't be bothered to open the Blu-rays up. I would wholeheartedly agree about Black Star were his dubbed voice not so irritating and girly. I actually thought he was a girl at the end of the first episode.

Blackstar is the worst character anyway, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Are you referring only to hermaphrodites? If not, I think there are various examples that talk about transsexualism:

Transgender thematics in Anime Series - AnimeSuki Forum
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=51484

Although this is old and doesn't take into account more recent series like Wandering Son.
Interesting.
I would care more about Hyouka if Eru said:

"The truth is, I... I have a dick."

Then she whips out her 8 inch girlpenis and rapes Oreki.
That's, uh, nice. *backs away slowly*

survivor

Banned
Yeah, I looked around after making that post. Doesn't seem to be accurate. Ah well, gives time for the manga to get further.

I want the anime soon cause with the way the translations are going, the anime will cover more of the story than what is available for us to read anytime soon. Unless of course Yen Press releases those volumes quickly but I doubt it.

Geneijin

The closest relation is the cheesy English dub
oh, wait you mean if it was MORE like the game?
I'm saying the source material wasn't that great. If you adapted as it is which the recent P4 anime did lazily, it's not far-off how any average adaptation of it would have looked like. The story gets a large pass for its shortcomings because the story is secondary when playing the game. A decent adaptation would require a deft hand with major editing and sprucing.

Dude. Dude... Dude. Dude...
I didn't know you thought that highly of the P4 anime :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are you referring only to hermaphrodites? If not, I think there are various examples that talk about transsexualism:

Transgender thematics in Anime Series - AnimeSuki Forum
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=51484

Although this is old and doesn't take into account more recent series like Wandering Son.

Hourou Musuko is on the list actually.

It lists IS as "FtM" of course, intersexuality is different from gender dyspohria.

Naruto SD 7
tumblr_m42vknZwc11r4161ao7_500.png

Probably 75% of the jokes had me confused or just in a state, like Kabuto, of not even knowing what was going on. Specifically the first one with the security checkpoint to the Hidden Leaf. Kabuto and Lord Orochimaru were funny and I cant wait to see how Lord Orochimaru and Lee take their relationship further. Needed more Naruto.

I hate it when it breaks the laws of canon, in no world would
Lee defeat Lord Orochimaru

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sora no Woto 11
Seriously speaking, it's a shame the prior episodes were nowhere near as good as this one.
Really? I think 7.5 and 8 are out of place (they should have come before episode 7, because fucking tone whiplash), but 7, 9-13 are pretty great.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Jormungand 6

The initial battle sequence was pretty good. These guys are really overwhelming.
And that kid totally died. Did they seriously tell him to swim like 2 miles to reach the South African coast? He'd be eaten alive by sharks in 10 seconds, haha.

Looking forward to next week's episode.
It appears that that Low chick is the first adversary on the same level as the team. And I wanna know what the hell was up with Valmet's reaction to her pose.

Makoto

Sora no Woto 12 (FINAL) + Specials

Really? I think 7.5 and 8 are out of place (they should have come before episode 7, because fucking tone whiplash), but 7, 9-13 are pretty great.

With the exception of 7 (I didn't like the show's melodramatic take on PTSD), I agree that the last quarter show is generally pretty good. In a sense, SnW is a lot like Clannad's story structure in that my only worry in recommending it to others is that they have to wade through some meh stuff to get to the part where the series truly shines. And that's my main problem with SnW. There's some unremarkable writing in the first 3/4 but then it all comes together in the end in a very "Oooohhh, I get it now" fashion.

And bone me, Kanata has got to be the most adorable thing in uniform. Episode 8 was almost unbearable in that regard.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Saw it years ago!

By the way, putting Utena on that list really misses the point of the show. Hell, it's even addressed in the first episode.
Yep. Same with OtuBoku actually. lol
I suppose it's more a case of something that happens broadly.

Sora no Woto 12 (FINAL) + Specials

With the exception of 7 (I didn't like the show's melodramatic take on PTSD), I agree that the last quarter show is generally pretty good. In a sense, SnW is a lot like Clannad's story structure in that my only worry in recommending it to others is that they have to wade through some meh stuff to get to the part where the series truly shines. And that's my main problem with SnW. There's some unremarkable writing in the first 3/4 but then it all comes together in the end in a very "Oooohhh, I get it now" fashion.

And bone me, Kanata has got to be the most adorable thing in uniform. Episode 8 was almost unbearable in that regard.
I liked the first half as well, since that was the world building. Probably the only thing that didn't make sense was the silly Mafia thing, but that was just derpy anime stuff and gave them a chance to do a "moe" Roshomon riff.

And of course, things like Noel's episode tie directly to the ending as well.

Ginga e Kickoff 6
tumblr_m43ahgbl9A1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Ukiukipedia? Fun episode, the manager of the team looks so hilarious, and finally everyone is assembled from the OP and the ED. Aoto will definitely be a second fave for me behind the Furuya's (Kota). Speaking of them they really add so much to the team.

I wonder how fast will her diet take place, I was worried theyd only have eleven and nothing more with her showing exhaustion just warming up.

Smile Precure 15

Fun eps. I'm sadden that the visuals seem to be going down a slope each eps =/

The topic is relevant because my pops kinda forgot about mother's day as well ("Why are you taking me and my bro out for lunch today?").

It is about time for another yayoi eps right right?

Andrew J.

Mine Fujiko ga Miteru 06

Oscar's voice actor tried really hard, but it was still apparent that "Isolde" had a man's voice.

Nice little Castle of Cagliostro nod.

The butterfly and owl symbolism got really unsubtle this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom