• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jormungand 6

The initial battle sequence was pretty good. These guys are really overwhelming.
And that kid totally died. Did they seriously tell him to swim like 2 miles to reach the South African coast? He'd be eaten alive by sharks in 10 seconds, haha.

Looking forward to next week's episode.
It appears that that Low chick is the first adversary on the same level as the team. And I wanna know what the hell was up with Valmet's reaction to her pose.

That image was the best in the whole episode, I love when anime do that shadow characters emphasized eyes, reminded me of that epic moment in One Piece.

I'm saying the source material wasn't that great. If you adapted as it is which the recent P4 anime did lazily, it's not far-off how any average adaptation of it would have looked like. The story gets a large pass for its shortcomings because the story is secondary when playing the game. A decent adaptation would require a deft hand with major editing and sprucing.
Stories are not secondary when playing an RPG like Persona 4.

wonzo

Banned
fkl0d.png

http://www.funimation.com/haibane-renmei

Sources seem to point to a potential September release.
looks like i'll finally own a copy of this!

I would care more about Hyouka if Eru said:

"The truth is, I... I have a dick."

Then she whips out her 8 inch girlpenis and rapes Oreki.
what could have been...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That image was the best in the whole episode, I love when anime do that shadow characters emphasized eyes, reminded me of that epic moment in One Piece.

I haven't reached that moment yet, but I know what you're talking about.

Man, I can't wait until I get there. Then I'll be able to keep watching the series without knowing any spoilers, haha.

Holy fuck.

I'm imagining if the Pokemon anime had always been that good.

Probably wouldn't actually have been profitable though.

I really can't imagine Pokemon anything not being profitable. Probably not as big as the anime now, but it can't hurt the franchise.

Wiseblade

I really can't imagine Pokemon anything not being profitable. Probably not as big as the anime now, but it can't hurt the franchise.

The mountains of cash tPC rake in on a monthly basis would definitely be smaller if the anime had a legitimate budget. It's not like the current shoestring production is turning kids away in droves, so there's no motivation.

Jintor

I'm saying I could have grown up exposed to good animez instead of having to actually go out and find it.

Oh well, I still got DBZ and Digimon, they were good starting points. And it wasn't like Pokemon was that bad, it just wasn't that good.

I'm saying I could have grown up exposed to good animez instead of having to actually go out and find it.

Oh well, I still got DBZ and Digimon, they were good starting points. And it wasn't like Pokemon was that bad, it just wasn't that good.

One of these things is not like the other.

Wiseblade

But Digimon is even more shoestring than Pokémon.

a major problem with the anime is that it's just not interesting. at all.

Yep. I still occasionally watch the movies because it goes into the legendary pokemon stuff, and it has a decent budget with somewhat decent cg.

I just can't seem to give a shit about the drama of a miltank farm or w/e.

Wiseblade

Yep. I still occasionally watch the movies because it goes into the legendary pokemon stuff, and it has a decent budget with somewhat decent cg.

I just can't seem to give a shit about the drama of a miltank farm or w/e.

But how can you not be drawn in by the gripping story of the random loser Ash just bumped into and their petty problem with this week's spotlight Pokémon?

The Johto arch completely killed my love for the Pokemon anime, which was already strained while Ash was dinking around the orange islands.

7Th

They're using the inferior male protagonist as the canon protagonist? Fucking Nintendo. Turned the video off, destroyed my DS, cancelled my pre-order.

Damn, that was good.

Now I want whichever studio did this to get working on a Pokemon Adventure adaptation stat.

It's by the same staff that does the TV anime, actually.

Jintor

Digimon was always at its best when real Tokyo and Digiworld were intersecting. The kidnapping case at the end of 02 was fucking baller. Pity about the resolution though.

I've never watched Savers. My first impression of it was that it was kind of bad, so I jumped off right at the start.

Savers started off kind of slow, but from around Episode 10 through the end it is absolutely amazing. Definitely on the same level as Tamers from a story perspective.

Wiseblade

Its dub was fantastic.

Didn't get awesome until everybody got booted back into Tokyo though
If by "fantastic" you mean "marred by a torrent of terrible gags", then yes.

I need to rewatch the first three seasons of Digimon.

Shit was awesome.
No, you need to watch the first and third. Mostly the third.
Adventure, Tamers and Savers are the best Digimon. 02 was okay, but not great.

02 is vile tripe.

Branduil

Has anyone posted about this yet?

http://weekly.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/087/87932/
http://www.ntv.co.jp/tokusatsu/english.html
http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/3548/Giant+God+Warrior+Statue+Replica.html
http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/3549/figma+Giant+God+Warrior.html

Hideaki Anno is hosting a Special Effects Exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo this Summer. As part of the exhibition, they will be screening a short film produced by Studio Ghibli, planned by Hideaki Anno, and directed by Shinji Higuchi. It is a live action special effects short film called 'Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo'. It features a live action recreation of the Giant God Warrior from Nausicaa, imagined as a threat to the modern world.

For those unaware, Ultraman and the Giant God Warrior are the two source inspirations for Anno's Evangelion. He is paying homage here to both the effects industry that created Ultraman, and the design of the God Warrior from Nausicaa, with Ghibli's blessing. Good Smile Company is also cashing in on this with a Giant God Warrior Statue Replica and a Giant God Warrior figma, also linked above.

Enjoy. :D

i9EDB.jpg

7Jwkj.jpg

The god warrior was quite underused in Nausicaa for such a great design.

digimon was like the first introduction to cg in tv cartoons for me. Good times. And the first few digimon movies was way more sakuga than they probably should have been. Good times.

Random dbz question.

What are the best animated eps in the show? I recall the 2nd eps of goku vs cell to still be pretty damn impressive to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom