• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the original cards/game/wathever it's supposed to be, every character had at least one male and female version. Famous characters often had multiple designs for each gender too like Nobunaga had a card where she looked like a mature woman, rather than a teenager - the teenager design also had a form where she gets demon wings. He also had two male designs, one where he looks like a high school rebel and another where he's older with a mustache and more warrior-like clothes. Each design also had one color variation.

Here's a picture of young male Nobunaga:
OdaNobunaga_superidiot_04.gif

They ought to have gone that route for this. I think it would have greatly enhanced the direction of the anime. (lol its really called super idiot?)

/XX/

...in a word,

:firehawk

:)

Seriously though, I do know what you mean, you can never get that first impression or reaction to something back. :(
Pretty much! Now someone has to come in here and sing (see as "post transcriptions in Japanese 'rōmaji' of") Secret Base to complete a totally devastating and cheap emotional manipulation of my soul. At least I still remember this happened in here...

... yep, it happened, I found an example courtesy of Thoraxes:

I'll never forget the contents of the post I saw this day.
I suddenly feel like crying.
KIMI TO NATSU NO OWARI SHOURAI NO YUME OOKINA KIBOU WASURENAI

JUUNENGO NO HACHIGATSU MATA DEAERU NO O SHINJITEEEEEEE…

This is the worst thing since the french DoReMi soundtrack.

french soundtracks ( especially in the 90's ) are something else ..it's either unbelievable good ( city hunter ) or incredibly bad ( Doremi )... Fortunatly most localisation compagnies stopped making their own songs ...

My poor ears

NewFresh

Don't play with my feelings, mean EmmanuelMuñoz! I liked your hipster cousin better!
!

I think everybody did :(

That's why I killed him and absorbed his hipsterness à la highlander. Now all I watch are obscure OVAs that none of you have even heard of.

cajunator

Banned
french soundtracks ( especially in the 90's ) are something else ..it's either unbelievable good ( city hunter ) or incredibly bad ( Doremi )... Fortunatly most localisation compagnies stopped making their own songs ...

My poor ears

But that Charles Dunois song is so fucking cute its on another level.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
In the original cards/game/wathever it's supposed to be, every character had at least one male and female version. Famous characters often had multiple designs for each gender too like Nobunaga had a card where she looked like a mature woman, rather than a teenager - the teenager design also had a form where she gets demon wings. He also had two male designs, one where he looks like a high school rebel and another where he's older with a mustache and more warrior-like clothes. Each design also had one color variation.

Here's a picture of young male Nobunaga:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/OdaNobunaga_superidiot_04.gif

This makes the direction that the show went in all the more amazing (in the worst possible way).

cajunator

Banned
Same.

Well, that and I'd be mighty lonely otherwise. :-/

Well that's not ALL I post here for but it would be a lie to say it wasn't a significant percentage.

Also there is apparently an anime convention in town today and the dealer's room opens at 2 pm. Its currently 9:30 am and I haven't slept much. but I feel that animu is more important than sleep. I will catch up on it tomorrow after work.

frostbyte

Seeing A Black Falcon mighty comprehensive post made me wonder; people, from posters habitual on this threads, what analysis of a work impressed you the most and/or you revisited because of how much you liked it? I'd want to see some of your personal picks, please.

I don't particularly have an analysis that impressed me the most, as I pretty much enjoy reading everyone's posts. I guess, like Ultimadrago, I particularly like Jexhius' comprehensive scene analyses and duckroll's weekly Fate/Zero posts. Very intellectually stimulating and enjoyable reads. Another one that really opened my eyes/interested me was RurouniZel's "Color Theory and You".

But in general, everyone has interesting perspectives and some have such a breadth of knowledge behind the more technical parts. It's really illuminating, though daunting in some respects, as I can't provide much discussion aside from opinions. :(

There are so many pretty cool ones, and I liked so many... but in a way this also saddens me because I find impossible to remember them all. What you felt and passes by, lasts a moment and makes you write about something, to later be forgotten in the vast amount of information we produce. You can't bookmark how you reacted to them.

"What I thought when I saw that opinion for the first time?" or "I haven't seen that show yet but it sounds so cool!" or "What made you write that exactly? I don't see what you are claiming here..." or many other things you thought thanks to that impressions you read, and won't come back to your mind like the first time...

... I'll miss some of those moments, until I don't remember thinking about them at all.

Oh man, I'm reacting like a fucking 'emo', sorry!

So melancholy~

I totally get you though. Sometimes you just want to go back and re-appear in that particular mindset, but it won't come back. I guess some of those reactions are really on-the-spur and now just a transient memory that floats up to a consciousness every now and then, gone in a fleeting moment.

Bah, now I'm starting to tear up ;_;

/XX/ is getting all meta and emotional....I like it.

People can't handle the raw unadulterated awesomeness of my dubstep talent.

I don't usually like dubstep, but this is pretty amazing.

------------------------------------

Haven't had much time for anime. I've got a lot of catching up to do in 3 weeks. :(

Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA 3

I missed the absolute barrage of innuendos and distasteful jokes. This hasn't changed in the least :)

and man, this show knows how to push all the right buttons. Suzu gets a
ponytail
<3

To this day, I still don't get the ED; It's like someone randomly inserted the ED of another show into it. also, feels kind of SHAFT-ish imo for some reason. I really like it though.

Next season when?

duckroll

I don't really like singling out which good posts I "prefer" over others, because I think that undermines the wealth of great contributions from different people. But recently I really liked what hosannainexcelsis posted about the opening scene in Hyouka ep3.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Well that's not ALL I post here for but it would be a lie to say it wasn't a significant percentage.

True. But I feel like AnimeGAF has allowed me to become more honest with myself in regards to my love of cute anime and :Cajun and [redacted]. I used to deny it all tsundere-like ("I-It's not like I'm watching Cardcaptor Sakura because it's cute or anything! Don't get the wrong idea!!") but with you guys I can squee and even if half of AnimeGAF rolls their eyes at my squeeing or Miku-praising you all at least accept me for who I am. :) Makes me feel less lonely.

*group hug*

cajunator

Banned
True. But I feel like AnimeGAF has allowed me to become more honest with myself in regards to my love of cute anime and :Cajun and [redacted]. I used to deny it all tsundere-like ("I-It's not like I'm watching Cardcaptor Sakura because it's cute or anything! Don't get the wrong idea!!") but with you guys I can squee and even if half of AnimeGAF rolls their eyes at my squeeing or Miku-praising you all at least accept me for who I am. :) Makes me feel less lonely.

*group hug*

Nah. you are fucking cool. Especially since you are a Saints fan. We are going through a lot, so I feel some solidarity with you as both a fan of cuteness and my favorite NFL team.
To be honest I feel 100% at home in this forum, even moreso than a forum I have 45k posts on and moderate. I have grown apart from those guys recently. Their brand of humor and sarcasm just doesnt seem very fresh anymore. So its all you guys these days. You are my rock and my salvation.

Articalys

What the devil
A preview website has opened that lists a green-lit anime adaptation of Daisuke Suzuki's Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne&#8212; (Oniai) light novel series. According to the teaser site, it will fully open on May 23.

After the death of their parents, Akito Himenokouji and his younger twin sister Akiko were adopted by separate families. Six years later, during high school, they now live on their own, under the same roof. Akiko makes no effort to hide her brother complex, but Akito calmly rejects his sister's many advances and deems loving his sister impossible. However, Akiko is determined to prove that love can overcome any obstacle.
Because surely we didn't already have enough anime adaptations that deal with sibling love.

NewFresh

I don't really like singling out which good posts I "prefer" over others, because I think that undermines the wealth of great contributions from different people. But recently I really liked what hosannainexcelsis posted about the opening scene in Hyouka ep3.

Yeah, while I highlighted a few, it's the entire thread that is a great series of impressions, analysis, and posts from everyone. Even darkside's MLP impressions!

cajunator

Banned
what is the difference? All cartoons are produced in korea

Globalization makes everything confusing and shit. Like discussing automobiles. Us companies building in Mexico. Japanese companies building in america. fuck that noise.
Japanese animu has japanese staff working on it and coming up with it. If the work is outsourced to save money, its still a Japanese original concept and can be discussed here. thats what Im tlaking about. Its like saying Ford isnt a Us company because they build stuff in europe and outside of the US.

tiff

Banned

cajunator

Banned
Ah, it looks pretty good. I'd probably get a Millhiore figure but I have enough lined up for this year.

Wouldn't pretty much any ABF impression be considered a blog post?

ABF posts are actually very informative and interesting to read. He watches some unusual or less popular things discussed here and tlaks at length about them.

As for my camera, all I need is a new charger. But I might consider a new camera entirely if you guys have any suggestions.

Branduil

Sankarea 07:

Chihiro certainly uphold the time-honored tradition of protagonists who can't see the obvious, even if they used every hint coin and got the Super Hint that tells them the answer outright.

Poor Wanko,
forever friendzoned. The worst kind too, where she knows she shouldn't love the dolt, but does anyway.

She deserves it for being a terrible character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom