• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Smile Precure 15

odOEE.jpg

I think she had a stroke.

survivor

Banned
Space Brothers 7

When the dog was playing with the bubbles and jumping around happily was the first time I ever found him to be cute. Space Brothers has done the impossible.

Ultimadrago

Smile Precure 15

http://i.imgur.com/odOEE.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

[I]Yeesh.[/I]

The "derp" is moderately powerful in this one, etc, etc.

[quote="Branduil, post: 38033678"]Looks unremarkable in every way.[/QUOTE]

Heck, at this point I believe it's part of the plan.

Dresden

What about memorable rankings

I . . . think it'd largely remain the same, with
rider and archer swapping spots perhaps
. I mean, Saber has her sexy suit and bike.

I think the human participants would be more interesting, though. Although I suppose it'd come down to a grudge match of
Kirei and Kerry Tugu.

Ultimadrago

I . . . think it'd largely remain the same, with
rider and archer swapping spots perhaps
. I mean, Saber has her sexy suit and bike.

I think the human participants would be more interesting, though. Although I suppose it'd come down to a grudge match of
Kirei and Kerry Tugu.

Good rankings.

But no Assassin love?

:lol

Darker Than Black S2 2-6

If I ever had the slightest bit of credibility in animeGAF, I'm about to wave it goodbye: this isn't completely terrible.

Hobo Hei has slapped the shit out of my expectations in the best way possible. I don't care about how deep, well-written, or realistic he may(lol) or may not(this one) be. All that matters to me is that he's incredibly entertaining. That gif of him slapping a bunch of people really doesn't do justice to just how much of an asshole he is.

Suo is kind of a brat, but 1)she's really getting the shit-end of the stick so I can't entirely blame her, 2)she provides an outlet for Hei's glorious drunken douchebaggery, and 3)undulation.

Now the inevitable downsides:
This fucker right here...this dude is almost single-handedly ruining everything. If Hei instagibs him in the first two minutes of the next episode before he can excrete even a single verbal turd, it still won't be enough.

And this is my other major gripe. Every time they use this garish, pointless stock footage, a part of me dies inside.

There's still plenty of time for things to get bad enough that even I can't tolerate it, and Hei's
agreement to stop drinking at the end of episode 5
is certainly damning, but so far I'm okay with this.

Articalys

All I know is, I'm keeping my avatar until the show's over, whatever the rankings are.
Anyway:

Fate/zero 20

Those last three minutes
, goddamn.
The fact that I'm going to be away next weekend and not able to watch ep 21 (or any shows over those days, really) until the Monday night afterwards will be agonizing.

p.s.
I thought Saber wasn't able to go into spirit form, but I guess the power of the command spells is enough to let her teleport where ordered
. Maybe when I read the corresponding novel chapters it'll be explained.

Dresden

Darker Than Black S2 2-6

If I ever had the slightest bit of credibility in animeGAF, I'm about to wave it goodbye: this isn't completely terrible.

There's still plenty of time for things to get bad enough that even I can't tolerate it, and Hei's
agreement to stop drinking at the end of episode 5
is certainly damning, but so far I'm okay with this.

It's okay, man.

The best has yet to come.

Jex

トロン: アップライジング (Tron: Uprising) - Episode 1

If this isn't anime, I don't know what is. Great art direction, lavish background sets, distinctive character designs, detailed hand-to-hand combat, awesome villains, tons of explosions. This is a really ambitious production for a Disney animated TV series. The character designs by Robert Valley are fantastic here, and there's really solid art direction and storyboarding. Really good camera work and transitions, exciting action sequences, and great pace for an opening episode. Two thumbs up. The animation is by Polygon Pictures, so it's even animated in Japan! :)

Listen to this man! I checked this episode out earlier, and it's fairly fantastic. In terms of simply having great cinematography, animation and action it actually bests what I've seen of Korra so far, and that's not a knock against Korra at all because it's been pretty good, but Tron Uprising ranges all the way over to 'excellent'. There's a maturity to the direction that I haven't seen in many other shows and it really shows in all the little details, such as how the show handles transitions as well as the large details such as the overall pacing. This episode was densely packed, like Kids on the Slope it felt like about an hours worth of content had flown past in 30 minutes.

The numerous action sequences shown were as impressive as anything else, largely because of the way they made sure that at every turn, no matter how crazy or acrobatic the combat got you could always make out exactly what was happening, which is something that most live-action movies have completely forgotten to do.

Highly recommended.

It's good to hear that Tron: Uprising has turned out good, if only for the first episode. The promo looked interesting.
Darker Than Black S2 2-6

How can they be wrong about something that doesn't exist?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Space Brothers 8

Another great episode, albeit a little different in tone.
Which is a good thing, because Mutta was really down during the past few weeks...
He thinks he's unlucky, but he's got it all wrong. He's lucky for being surrounded by awesome people like his mom,
who sent the letter to JAXA
, Hibito, Hoshika, and Ozzy.

The director is awesome,
but not as awesome as Hibito's bicycle.

And they really like skipping Mutta's interviews and then showing them in flashbacks a couple of scenes later, haha.

What did the will say? Awww. Tell me now, dammit!

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 07
UXkwt.gif

Restless?
Decent episode. Dunno, not being all that in touched with basketball and its ins and outs, I wasn't really getting all the wows and stuff that was going on. I was impressed at how fast the show was going through the tournament.

I think they will spread out the matches with the GoM into 2 episodes.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I can not recall the last time bleach went at a pace of .5-1 chapter an episode.

Those numbers don't really mean anything when you consider that the Bleach manga already has ridiculously shitty pacing.

There's just no way in hell Bleach has better pacing than One Piece. You can like it more than the latter (although that'd still be weird)... But claiming it has better pacing is bizarre.

Branduil

Gintama has generally good pacing.

... Because it's primarily episodic. Although the arcs that it does have don't drag, with one exception.

Well, being episodic or having very short arcs is the only way I can think of that a show with hundreds of episodes could possibly have good pacing. If you have an overarching storyline, but it's taking you hundreds of episodes to get through it, you're not trying to tell a complete story, you're trying to sustain a moneymaking vehicle.

survivor

Banned
I keep forgetting this is the anime thread. Yeah the big 3 anime have pretty shitty pacing especially One Piece. It's just constant reaction faces and camera showing the scenery for 5 minutes and then back to 5 more minutes of reaction shots and then you just realize the episode is over.

Jex

[Dog Soldier] - 1989

Yeah, that's more like it. This stupid Rambo/AIDS's storyline mixed with bad editing is what I expect from my 80's OVA's.

trejo

KI*ME*RA

Kimera is a pretty hot lady let me tell ya. It's no wonder all those dudes can't help but fall prey to her feminine charms.

But seriously though, this was actually kinda boring and the rare spots of
graphical gore
here and there felt very tacky.

Dog Soldier

Stallone is a hack! Plus he wishes he could have eyebrows as glorious as the ones on display here. Who cares about dumb plot, paper thin characters or atrocious editing when you have eyebrows that manly.

Geneijin

The phrase "shoved sexuality into," implying moe hasn't always had an element of sexuality to it. My initial encounters with the word always had sexuality linked to them, back before the word was in widespread use like it is today. Given the way and situations it was used in, I can't imagine it not having originally been a word with a sexual connotation to it.

So right from the start I almost dismissed the entire thing because the premise seems faulty, but, assuming I found the right article that quote came from, the author wasn't implying that.

And yea, I'm one of those that gets a little annoyed at people using moe when they mean kawaii lol
I see. But if its etymology had sexual connotations in the past, why would the premise seem faulty if it's referring to the currently prevalent usage of the word than its origins? Do you still think the use of moe has any sexual connotation today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom