• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayate no Gotoku s2 7

ok7Xe.jpg

Oh Nishizawa, you so silly.

Jex

It's one of the most unpleasant viewing experiences I've had with an anime in a good long while. Ep2 is not very good either. It picks up at ep3 though.

Perhaps you need to follow the advice of this thread and watch some terrible anime.

Hmm, on reflection, maybe not.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Yes she is. She says herself that this is just one of her many forms, and her penchant for brutal slaughter does not gel with my idea of a normal human girl. Unless, of course, your whining takes precedence over the script, the source material, and reality itself.

Don't bother, you know where this conversation is going, and where it's been:

133445915251-1.gif

Steroyd

rihoko says otherwise

They merely corrected their wrongs of the first season, I mean when you look at the grand scheme of things, she still got friendzoned in a dating sim adaptation.

And she got NTR'd in every other girls arc, along with stalker girl.

zeroshiki

Wow, Letter to Momo bombed super hard. It only managed 60,000 people for a box office gross of 70 million yen. In contrast, part 2 of Bokura ga Ita live action got 240,000 people for 350 million in the same time frame. The K-On movie also made 300 million its first weekend.

Wow, Letter to Momo bombed super hard. It only managed 60,000 people for a box office gross of 70 million yen. In contrast, part 2 of Bokura ga Ita live action got 240,000 people for 350 million in the same time frame. The K-On movie also made 300 million its first weekend.

Yikes. I wonder what went wrong. Was there a substantial amount of advertising for it?

Jex

This is why we can't have nice things etc.
Ahah, wow.

An otaku's love is beautiful to behold, no?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They merely corrected their wrongs of the first season, I mean when you look at the grand scheme of things, she still got friendzoned in a dating sim adaptation.

And she got NTR'd in every other girls arc, along with stalker girl.
Actually, it's clear that they made SS Plus just for Rihoko, since all the other arcs were garbage!

If Chihayafuru was about chess, Chihaya would be married to Deep Blue.
Bobby Fischer, you mean! He married a Japanese waifu after all.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bleach (rewatch) dub ep 180 - 185

This was when the arc started to get good with everything coming together.
The twist, Captain Amagai slashing and killing Kumoi always gets to me as they did a good job making us think it was Kumoi the whole time after Amagai got our trust and Ichigo's.
. OP and ED this season just can never grow on me. Kira and Wabisuke needed more screentime.
Some of the OPs in Bleach were straight up snazzy. OP 8 was money.

Branduil

Yes she is. She says herself that this is just one of her many forms, and her penchant for brutal slaughter does not gel with my idea of a normal human girl. Unless, of course, your whining takes precedence over the script, the source material, and reality itself.

There is no shortage of human anime girls who commit brutal acts of slaughter. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Jex

Simoun 08

Y8JeU.png

Man this is crazy!
Crazy priestess girl does a suicide bombing! I keep thinking this is going to be some comedy kick back show and they keep surprising me with these dark/serious moments.

People misrepresent what Simoun is actually going to be about because the artwork makes it look like some eroge.
Her eyes look so weird.

Why do you have to be a hater?

cajunator

Banned
Nyaruko specifically says that she can take on many forms. She singlehandedly murders demons in front of the mc. Threatening to stab her with a fork is actually appropriate considering what she can do to him.

Ultimadrago

Black Lagoon END

tt9vi.jpg

This episode has some of the better action in a while

The episode was more "high octane" than the last few, which is what I wanted from the season finale. Strangely though, we dive into the mindset of some revolutionaries moreso than that of Lagoon's members for this one. I thought that they'd use this time to solidify the relationships within the group thus far.

A second season already may (or may not) have that covered, but t wouldn't have hurt for Black Lagoon to have more of it contained in this one. Even, the more subtle signs, such as Revy going back to
save Rock's ass
and having a nice Engrish greeting once she does so, don't add the volume I wanted. I might have expected too much after the submarine and "delivery day" episode, but I'd like to think I haven't.

The final scene brings an antagonist to realization over his duty and such. It's pretty low key.
In conclusion, I liked the season, but didn't love it. I feel I can gain a love for the series if they ramp up on one of two things it has going for it: Character relationships within Lagoon ( whether it be discussing ideals, a loose conversation over a drink, coming up with a team strategy, etc) and action (It came about, but inconsistent in quality of excitement)

It had both of these trades, but mastered none. I have hopes that the second season will attempt to break the limit of one of them. Visually, the show tries to set up things with ts environments, but never excels in that area either. Black Lagoon has some really dull backdrops and locations, but I find it has select shots where it introduces and area well (For example, the seaside statue of Roanpur, the cloudy day for the Nazi submarine, Revy's conversation with Rock under the sea, etc.).Besides that, I had a good time with it. The side characters were varied (mostly different versions of "Mad Woman") and the main cast wasn't a slouch for the action genre:

Revy is a crazy gal, but is fun to see bark and bite. Dutch is cool money and makes for nice, cool guy lead, not quite to the extent of personality void yet isn't "in your face." Benny was the "sidest" of side characters, he's aight. Rock is well, Rock. He has found this gang and he is doing what he can to adapt...until he's not doing what he can to adapt. I hope he eventually applies some of his new street knowledge in the Season 2 episodes which I will start soon.

Branduil

Nyaruko specifically says that she can take on many forms. She singlehandedly murders demons in front of the mc. Threatening to stab her with a fork is actually appropriate considering what she can do to him.

Threatening with a fork an actual eldritch abomination would be a rather suicidal idea. I guess even the characters in the show can't take that idea seriously.

Branduil

Relevance?Except that she clearly doesn't "quack like a duck" as your first sentence proves.

This whole thing started when you said the bland male protagonist's violence was justified because the magical girlfriend is an eldritch abomination. This is an absurd justification on its face, because the whole reason she is able to be a magical girlfriend is that she is in all aspects that are important to the viewers a human girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom