• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys the type who find no issues with loli H-manga because they say they're 18?
That would be a case of "if it quacks like a duck..."
This whole thing started when you said the bland male protagonist's violence was justified because the magical girlfriend is an eldritch abomination. This is an absurd justification on its face, because the whole reason she is able to be a magical girlfriend is that she is in all aspects that are important to the viewers a human girl.
If you think that brutal slaughter, stalking, and obsession are synonymous with normal human girl, then I think it's time to take a break from watching anime for a bit.

Aquarion Evol 17

B7rio.jpg

Ever since Zessica has become a massive debbie downer, I nominate Sazanka for new bestgirl.

Dt0An.jpg

Andy sure knows how to smooth talk a lady.

Also, this was badass as hell.

RCNND.jpg

CLUSTER MUGEN PUNCH!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Not to say it's like Black Lagoon, but you should watch Fate/Zero.

I keep hearing about Fate/Zero. But I hear its one of those shows where you gotta watch a lot of the old stuff to be up with the new too*

*Like I didn't just finish watching Eureka 7 for the first time 10 minutes ago.

Three things.
1)Why can't people make giant robot fights like they used to!?
2)Music was wildly underrated in this
3)dat pacing... wtf. If the first 30 eps weren't filled with nonsense than maybe the ending could've had a reasonable flow to it.

zeroshiki

I keep hearing about Fate/Zero. But I hear its one of those shows where you gotta watch a lot of the old stuff to be up with the new too*

Three things.
3)dat pacing... wtf. If the first 30 eps weren't filled with nonsense than maybe the ending could've had a reasonable flow to it.

The best way to approach Fate/Zero is to ignore everything that came before it. Trust us on this.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
People misrepresent what Simoun is actually going to be about because the artwork makes it look like some eroge.

Yeah pretty much.

-------

Simoun 12

Was really hoping
Kaimu would get killed off in this episode. Since her introduction she's been nothing but a complete bitch to everyone except Paraietta. She should be grateful her sister has a complex for her, as her personality is outright annoying and pathetic. I hope her ungrateful ass is either 1.)shot down during one of their fights, 2.)gets a reality check from Paraietta, letting her know that there's not a snowballs' chance in hell they'll be together, or 3.)both. /rage

And please tell me AaeruxNeviril will happen. I'll be fine with RodoreamonxMamiina too.

Jex

Three things.

I really have to agree on point three. Eureka 7 is poorly paced and poorly structured series.

Koroviev

Three things.

The music in Eureka 7 is excellent. Have been listening to it for the past few days, in addition to watching the Eureka 7 AO opening...too many times.

Branduil

Actually this seems to be a case where it's better if you haven't experienced the old stuff. The majority of people enjoying Fate/Zero here do not have more than passing familiarity with the franchise, and it's not all required. Especially since they spend 50 minutes in the first episode dumping info on you, but once you get past that, it's all good.

Three things.

1)Well, apparently BONES still can, occasionally. At least that's what I hear.

expect what all those type moon terms are about =/

I think, like The Force, it's better when they don't explain it.

DY_nasty

The best way to approach Fate/Zero is to ignore everything that came before it. Trust us on this.
Okay.

But I don't want to be hurt again. :(
Actually this seems to be a case where it's better if you haven't experienced the old stuff. The majority of people enjoying Fate/Zero here do not have more than passing familiarity with the franchise, and it's not all required. Especially since they spend 50 minutes in the first episode dumping info on you, but once you get past that, it's all good.
I can do this.
The music in Eureka 7 is excellent. Have been listening to it for the past few days, in addition to watching the Eureka 7 AO opening...too many times.
Yeah... I was really just thrown off by it. I'm gonna end up looking for the soundtrack tonight.

Also, is the E7 movie supposed to be watched or ignored? I'm kinda hesitant regarding movies these days.
1)Well, apparently BONES still can, occasionally. At least that's what I hear.
I understand Infinite Stratos set the bar high, but still...

Jarmel

Banned

Three things.

The first 30? I might give you a few of the episodes but a lot of the show was world-building and establishing the characters and romance.

Also, is the E7 movie supposed to be watched or ignored? I'm kinda hesitant regarding movies these days.

You might want to watch it. The movie might be canon for AO.

Branduil

It's all a bunch of shounen/video game-y stuff with fancy names. As long as you get what they do it's all good.

Actually if there's any deeper meaning behind some of this stuff I'm glad I don't know it. Works great the way it is now.

So are you actually enjoying the show now?

It's a prequel, so going in blind actually has some advantages over watching it with prior knowledge. Just be careful about spoilers, even in the OT. It's very easy to get major stuff spoiled. :(

Risette

A Good Citizen
So are you actually enjoying the show now?
It's good, but not worthy of the praise that some folks have been heaping onto it. It has issues, namely the first two episodes. It's also kinda ugly more often than it should be. That's it for now.

It's fun in the same way a [good] shounen is fun -- ie, cool fights & gotta see what happens next sort of stuff.

DY_nasty

The first 30? I might give you a few of the episodes but a lot of the show was world-building and establishing the characters and romance.

I think one or two could've been shortened or sacrificed in order to have an ending episode that doesn't have so much crammed into it. It was almost as bad as Code Geass' last season.

Also, Anemone > Eureka. So judging from your avatar, we can't be friends.

cajunator

Banned
Fate Zero requires no prior knowledge of Fate Stay Night to enjoy it. Its a prequel anyway.
Ilya and Rin are great in every series though.

Branduil

Magic stuff is magic. They don't have to explain shit. Unfortunately they do for most of the first episode.

Exactly. The important thing is that it's consistent, i.e., not just used as a Harry Potter-esque writer's crutch where characters pull things out of their ass to survive. For the most part the show has avoided that.

Jarmel

Banned
I think one or two could've been shortened or sacrificed in order to have an ending episode that doesn't have so much crammed into it. It was almost as bad as Code Geass' last season.

Also, Anemone > Eureka. So judging from your avatar, we can't be friends.

I do agree on that, like the football or the pranking episode, and there was some unresolved stuff that they never addressed.

I'm actually indifferent to the whole Anemone vs Eureka argument people seem to have. Renton>Dominic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom