• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
loEr6.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I know AnimeGAF is pretty unabashed about everything, but you guys should be embarrassed about the last few pages in OT2.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Just Finished Fate/Zero season 1. Dam, is dramatic how things improve once they are free from the common teenagers archetypes, and I actually liked Fate/Stay Night.

How many episodes is this series supposed to last?

Soma

Ranking time for me (so far):

1. Fate/Zero S2
2. Tsuritama
3. Hyouka
4. Kids On The Slope
5. Space Bros
6. Dusk Maiden
7. Lupin III
8. Mysterious Girlfriend X
9. Sankarea
10. Nyaruko-San

Uchip

Banned
I also spent the last few weeks watching Avatar the Last Airbender.

For anybody who was ever thinking about watching that show. Don't. Really don't. It is unbelievably terrible even in comparison to generic shounen anime.

I'm glad to be back watching anime.

z5GCd.gif

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Just Finished Fate/Zero season 1. Dam, is dramatic how things improve once they are free from the common teenagers archetypes, and I actually liked Fate/Stay Night.

Looks like it should be 26 between S1 and S2, if I'm not mistaken.

These young bucks just have too much energy!

Speaking of which, I hit #5 in the last thread. Hellz yeah, new record.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

S2 will last for 13 episodes.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Good thing anime was saved.

Only thing keeping me off of that post count wall of shame, dishonor, and disgrace.

#saved

For anybody who was ever thinking about watching that show. Don't. Really don't. It is unbelievably terrible even in comparison to generic shounen anime.

iBqQEFsDJkfE.gif

How bad was it when Icecream still lingered? I bet it was much worse, but I'm a recently-born GAFfer.

Did Icecream even post in an Anime-GAF thread?
Yes.

Ultimadrago

26 altogether, I believe.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Good thing anime was saved.

Only thing keeping me off of that post count wall of shame, dishonor, and disgrace.

#saved
Anime is never saved. It's like that kid at the end of episode two of Fate/Zero when Caster
lets him go only to get mauled and devoured alive by Cthulhu himself
Man, this OT will contain my first reactions to both Yami to Boushi and Blood-C. I'll treasure it forever.
Nossa, nossa. Assim você me mata. Ai se eu te pego.~

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
So many shows... so hard to keep up...

Basically I'm just watching Sakamichi no Apollon. This show is good. Not amazing, but pretty dang good IMO. Guess my feelings will depend on where they take it. My understanding is that the manga hasn't finished yet (?). I'm hoping for a dramatic ending, but given the themes so far I'm not expecting it...

Jex

Now that we are half-way through this spring season (and somehow on the third OT) I think I can safely say that this season has been great.

Between Fate/Zero II, Kids on the Slope, Tsuritama and Hyouka we've been blessed with four well animated, well directed shows that are all very different to each other. One of them, Hyouka, has an unfortunate tendency to be very boring at times but I can only hope we are passed that.

I am really enjoying Space Brothers and Mysterious Girlfriend X, although they're obviously not as visually opulent as the other titles this season I think they're largely carried by the strength of their casts.

Eureka Seven AO is a bit of an oddball show, I have no idea where it's going to go but I am still interested in watching it every week.

Oh, and AKB0048 has been amazingly stupid so far, so I can only hope it keeps it up.

Branduil

Now that we are half-way through this spring season (and somehow on the third OT) I think I can safely say that this season has been great.

Between Fate/Zero II, Kids on the Slope, Tsuritama and Hyouka we've been blessed with four well animated, well directed shows that are all very different to each other.

I am really enjoying Space Brothers and Mysterious Girlfriend X, although they're obviously not as visually opulent as the other titles this season I think they're largely carreid by the strength of their casts.

Eureka Seven AO is a bit of an oddball show, I have no idea where it's going to go but I am still interested in watching it every week.

Oh, and AKB0048 has been amazingly stupid so far, so I can only hope it keeps it up.

Not even a mention of KoikeLupin, has it really ended up that unnotable?

Uchip

Banned
Fate/Zero really is on another level.

It honestly is
the only episode that was sub par was Rins episode
that and the fact that girls in the show seem like they were drawn by a different studio

its like they are a different species

So many shows... so hard to keep up...

Basically I'm just watching Sakamichi no Apollon. This show is good. Not amazing, but pretty dang good IMO. Guess my feelings will depend on where they take it. My understanding is that the manga hasn't finished yet (?). I'm hoping for a dramatic ending, but given the themes so far I'm not expecting it...

The Sakamichi no Apollon manga finished in January.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

coach_zps113904cb.jpg

You're going to be watching more.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It honestly is
the only episode that was sub par was Rins episode
that and the fact that girls in the show seem like they were drawn by a different studio

its like they are a different species

something something symbolic of how otaku see women something

Jex

Not even a mention of KoikeLupin, has it really ended up that unnotable?

If it had more than a handful of good episodes I would have mentioned it but it's really been incredibly inconsistent and I don't just mean the animation. It's had some of my favourites episodes of the whole season but I can't really recommend it when it's failed to maintain any kind of standard of quality.

Ultimadrago

Between Fate/Zero II, Kids on the Slope, Tsuritama and Hyouka we've been blessed with four well animated, well directed shows that are all very different to each other. One of them, Hyouka, has an unfortunate tendency to be very boring at times but I can only hope we are passed that.

I am really enjoying Space Brothers and Mysterious Girlfriend X, although they're obviously not as visually opulent as the other titles this season I think they're largely carried by the strength of their casts.

I mostly agree with this list.

To add on, by all means do not start watching Upotte!! or Sengoku Collection. (you're going to watch them now, aren't you...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom