• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering what we know about the state of 'original anime', this would logically require a good manga or light novel source material for a studio to adapt. Do you know of such a thing?

Perhaps From the New World will fit the bill, at least to a certain extent? I can't vouch for the source myself, but it did win the same sci-fi prize as Dennou Coil.

I don't really know what caused that, but it's suffice to say that opinion about Michiko is hardly universal. I've still read a number of positive reviews for the show.

Still, as it seems like only a few people watched the show in it's entirety it's hard to say what the 'usual' reaction was.
That's it. That's exactly it. Sayo Yamamoto is the new queen of Anime-GAF uncertainty. Now we just need more productions directed by her to set everyone off repeatedly!

Hey, most people don't need to put people from this thread on an ignore list. They just see an anime avatar and ignore anything written next to it!
Or: you pick an avatar from an old Japanese PC game nobody knows. Like I did.

Branduil

firehawk2.jpg

i7mVtriR3BeJF.JPG

Dresden

Based on your order, I assume we share hopes for the same four shows - Natsuyuki, Moyashimon, Utakoi, and Binbougami. All of which I'm excited for based on a combination of staff and material - director and subject seem ideally matched in all three cases. To this, I've also added Joshiraku - initially I wasn't sure about this, but having explored some of his past works I think Tsutomu Mizushima can handle crazy girl comedy in an entertaining way. With Masayoshi Tanaka (Ano Hana, Ano Natsu) as character designer, I'm hoping that it'll look good too.

Hmm, I didn't even realize Joshiraku was coming. I have mixed feelings about Mizushima, but hopefully it'll be more along the lines of Azazel-san rather than junk like Squid Girl.

So, is this going to hit OT4 or what?

It has a shot. It will probably come close, but if we post at the rate of last thread, this one would just about end when the summer season is starting. An OT4 is going to be tough to do under conventional methods.

Some School Days/Code Geass suicide pacts could certainly alter that, though.

That's everyone over 100 posts.

I just barely made it in.

I can't wait for Summer, I finally have time to catch up on my backlog.

My anime backlog has just kept ballooning. I'm hoping that this summer will present me with some opportunities to really move through it.

Dresden

Considering what we know about the state of 'original anime', this would logically require a good manga or light novel source material for a studio to adapt. Do you know of such a thing?

Magi.

Ideally with a good studio but if it ever happens it'll be . . . dunno, Deen or something.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Manyuu Hikenchou 04:

That was the least-offensive episode yet, I suppose. What's-her-face tan-skinned fishing girl was the first character in the series who actually had an appropriate build for her bust size, so she wasn't eye-murderingly horrific to look at.

Story was stupid contrived shit as usual, but it was at least tolerable in the absence of nonstop cowtits. Any story in this show that ends with
someone getting a flat chest
is most welcome. The best animation continues to be applied toward the most worthless and asinine things, like Chifusa eating an oyster.

Manyuu Hikenchou 05:

That was pretty tame until the final couple of minutes, then everything got fucked up beyond imagination.
So the kids were pretending to be titty-molesting monsters because they missed their mom's tits? And Chifusa let them innocently frolic among her tits to calm their urges?
Kill it with white-hot all-consuming fire. Fucking nasty.

Is this some sort of mecha X-COM?
I. Really. Don't know. Details are vague and, worse, have to be translated, which means garbled Google translations for me. But it looks interesting—I'm guessing it's more of a traditional TRPG, and the same should apply for the more-gorgeous sequel.

I need to get me a working PC98 emulator ASAP, or play the PSX port.

Ooh, looks kind of like Front Mission. Looks more in-depth.
Combine FM with Masamune Shirow and this is what you get!

What happened was: I got lucky and found a full dump of the original game and the PSX version online, from some Chinese source. The dump included bitmaps for all of the different in-game portraits, the majority of which will comprise my avatar line-up for quite a while. Because these portraits are around 95 by 120, they also work perfectly. It's real cool.

Magi.

Ideally with a good studio but if it ever happens it'll be . . . dunno, Deen or something.

Would you want it to be a long-running show though? I mean if there was any hope of it going beyond 2 cours, it would have to be by a studio that people here don't seem to care for.

Uchip

Banned
Eureka 7 AO 7
hahahaha
plot armour, seizure lights, crotch lasers
I have no idea what im watching
this is going to be good for all the wrong reasons

Dresden

Would you want it to be a long-running show though? I mean if there was any hope of it going beyond 2 cours, it would have to be by a studio that people here don't seem to care for.

I'd actually want a 26~ish episode run, something akin to what Blue Exorcist got recently. Maybe get through the first dungeon clear along with the horse people stuff--and then Sinbad/etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll be honest though, Magi lost a lot of its initial charm.

Magi before: Aladdin going around being a goofball and showing people love and friendship.
Magi now: ANGST POLITICS POWER LEVELS UNMEI

I'd actually want a 26~ish episode run, something akin to what Blue Exorcist got recently. Maybe get through the first dungeon clear along with the horse people stuff--and then Sinbad/etc.

I don't know, I'd be pretty sad if we never got to see the war in Balbadd animated.

Upotte!! 6
Ah yeah, A great way to end the tournament. Sure it wasn't as awesome as the last episode, but it was still great. Sig-chan is jealous! It's kind of weird how the episode is formated the way it is, with basically a filler story to fill the full time slot, but it was enjoyable. AUG long barrel > short barrel. It'll be interesting to see how Galil will add to the flow of the show now that she's fully part of the show.

I want to see Ayako get produced, somehow. An OVA or, ideally, a movie would be interesting, especially if someone like Osumi or Rintaro got contracted to do it. The manga's got real potential.

cajunator

Banned
You guys are wonderful little postmonsters.
We are not unlike a very big dysfunctional yet somehow happy family. Of psychos =^_^=

Sankarea 08
Hcm3G.gif

The only part I really liked was
Rea using her superzombie strength and wrecking stuff up.
The attempt at fanservice was boring, the fact that no one cared about
kidnapping
was silly or the fact we have to deal with the creepy father again.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Considering I had about 10ish posts in the last one this is shocking.

Guess I should go back to doing something productive and rewatching Mitsudomoe again.

And then I can make Gifs of every couple of seconds to counter Chet Rippo's K-On invasion.

Geneijin

Considering I had about 10ish posts in the last one this is shocking.

Guess I should go back to doing something productive and rewatching Mitsudomoe again.

And then I can make Gifs of every couple of seconds to counter Chet Rippo's K-On invasion.
Not with summer soon upon us you won't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom