• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

What's AnimeGAF's consensus on Steins Gate?

Starts out a bit awkwardly but eventually becomes a very engaging story.

Entertaining cast of characters, interesting plot dealing with time travel, good humor.

Definitely recommended and I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you stick with it.

shahkur

Starts out a bit awkwardly but eventually becomes a very engaging story.

Entertaining cast of characters, interesting plot dealing with time travel, good humor.

Definitely recommended and I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you stick with it.

Thank You. May watch it now.

What about Sakamichi No Apollon?

BluWacky

What about Sakamichi No Apollon?

It's excellent for what it is. Depending on your tolerance for melodrama, if you like high school dramas with a touch of romance and don't hate jazz music you should enjoy it. The pacing is occasionally a bit off and there are some soapy elements to the story, but overall I'd highly recommend it.

With that said, the final episode airs on Thursday, so my opinion may change after then.

wonzo

Banned
I can't be the only one that doesn't like Chiaki's design. She looks kinda weird.
bsp23f.jpg

BluWacky

There are people who hate jazz? I weep for humanity.

I actually don't like jazz music all that much. Too often it's background noise, freewheeling all over the place with no real structure and going on forever. I admire it from a technical perspective rather than an emotional one.

Thankfully the performances in Apollon, as well as being executed with impeccable technical skill by both animators and musicians, are not only well integrated into each episode's narrative but also generally of a sensible length. The added bonus is that there's something interesting to look at in terms of how the jazz scenes are directed - whereas at a concert you're just looking at the same thing the whole way through.

cajunator

Banned
This page has a pleasing amount of Chiaki on it.

Cajun's room is much more organized than that. The man needs to display his figures properly and with pride!

I have. I need to update the photos already since I added a few more figurines.
My room is probably the most orderly it has ever been.

What is a good fluffy fluffy cute shit happy happy anime to watch when you're feeling down?

Nurse witch Komugi
Galaxy Angel
Hidamari Sketch
A Little Snow Fairy Sugar
Ichigo Mashimaro
Acchi Kocchi
Potemayo
Binchou-tan

ibs6t8hVRwBemW.gif

moe indeed.

Will most definitely be on my top 10 for 2012.

h[censored]nng

considering....

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnghhhhhh

X2

Jex

Kids on the Slope 10:
What a whirlwind of emotions that episode was. The ending in particular really through me for a loop. They did a great job building up to events and bringing things together, but I just wish that there was a bit more time to breathe. This could have been even better spread out over two episodes.

Considering how compressed the story has been so far it seems pretty clear that they had very limited options in terms of pacing.

Jex

Just found my copy of Helen McCarthy's book 500 Essential Anime Movies, forgot I had it, I got it as a present three years ago and the last time i skimmed through it was probably two years ago. There's some funny stuff in there, I mean, why do you need 500 titles when half of the stuff you list is crap, a lot of it isn't even a movie and you just want to fill up the 500 spots on your list? She names stuff like .hack//Unison, .hack//Intermezzo and .hack//Gift as essential lol.
But the stuff that made me laugh the most is using an image from Bleach for the Jojo's Bizarre Adventures OVA. Funny as hell, how could that kind of mistake happen to someone?

I doubt that the people who wrote the text is the same as the people who located the images. That's why.

Jex

Even making a list of 100 essential anime movies would probably be pushing it.

Well, it depends on how you define essential. If you consider works which are of historical significance but not actually 'excellent' you can probably hit 100.

Malajax

To be a one, assuming I wouldn't drop it (ie forced to watch it cause of friend obligation or something, like P&S), the anime would just have to be plain bad, really slow and dull filled with ugly characters, ugly art, ugly animation, terrible and unlikable characters, a plot I couldn't care for, essentially anime like Honey and Clover, or something with absolutely no redeeming factors and just barf inducing like Ikkitousen or Blood-C.

Oh, so you mean something like Fairy Tail?

Defuser

Zetman final
Man, the ending is like TDK levels of dramatic. But overall the whole episode is poor, Haitani went down just like that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
After Windows 7-tan I'm not surprised. Have they revealed Windows 8-tan. The others will probably be disgusted by her new logo. Even Me-Tan will be displeased.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
You guys. This is apparently a real thing now.

They've even made a manga for it! I wish Microsoft advertised to me in manga form :c

Don't know how fresh this is, but there's already fanart (I hope this is fanart)

Considering you can download those images right from that link, it's official art. It only shows the calendar page for the current month, though. If only there was some way to get the others. :(

1stStrike

Banned
I feel kind of bad fast forwarding through this song, but it doesn't get truly epic until it reaches the 3:24 mark.

This is the kind of music that can make just about anything look epic. Getting a drink out of the fridge... Gundam music starts playing... epicness begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom