• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Gauche the Cellist

I'm literally kicking myself for putting such an amazing movie off for so long. Holy fucking shit Takahata.
bow2.gif
Most people appreciate Takahata in a slightly more low-key manner. I am glad the's rocked your world.
I understand you disagree with my opinion, but that's where I stand.

I mean, in all honesty I wouldn't buy any of the Winter shows, and i'm surprised they aren't lower.

Now this season has stuff that's good and deserves to sell.

Now now, we all know that isn't how the real world works!

cajunator

Banned
I think it still would. Type Moon fans seem like legitimately crazy folks.
Why exactly is that group so popular? Is it their art style? I mean what is it?
Fate Zero is great but I mean the Fate universe in general is an interesting story but not everything they made has been as interesting. But the vast majority of it sells out and seems to do well.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Get everyone to audacity record their inputs for a massive skype convo and someone to stitch everything together.

When I first read this for some reason the Skype part didn't sink in so I imagined everyone just recording whatever they want to say and some poor bugger being given the job of trying to piece together nonsensical sentences.

duckroll

I think it still would. Type Moon fans seem like legitimately crazy folks.
Why exactly is that group so popular? Is it their art style? I mean what is it?
Fate Zero is great but I mean the Fate universe in general is an interesting story but not everything they made has been as interesting. But the vast majority of it sells out and seems to do well.

Fate/Zero has sold 2x what Fate/Stay Night did. You are already wrong.

cajunator

Banned
Fate/Zero has sold 2x what Fate/Stay Night did. You are already wrong.

Isnt half of what Fate Zero sold still pretty damned good by animu standards?

Also, is there something about the way the show is made or whatever that they decided to release it as a full boxset? I mean why THIS particular anime series?

duckroll

Isnt half of what Fate Zero sold still pretty damned good by animu standards?

My point is that it doesn't mean regardless of quality something will sell the same amount. There's definitely a factor there.

Tsukihime - ~15k
Fate/Stay Night - ~25k
Kara no Kyoukai - ~65k
Fate/Zero - 50k

My point is that it doesn't mean regardless of quality something will sell the same amount. There's definitely a factor there.

Tsukihime - ~15k
Fate/Stay Night - ~25k
Kara no Kyoukai - ~65k
Fate/Zero - 50k

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot of Typemoon stuff left for Ufotable to adapt unless they go the remake route or do Mahou Tsukai no Yoru.

cajunator

Banned
I see a glaring omission in my collection there.

Looks like I will have to spring for the KNK set eventually.
Maybe I'll buy it at absurd prices next year.

frostbyte

Blood: The Last Vampire

This was pretty enjoyable but it was certainly no Blood-C, but then again, what is?

Still pretty good for a short film. and ignoring Blood+ and Blood-C, think of the potential of this if it had been meaningfully fleshed out and explored!

now back to reality where Blood+ and Blood-C do exist, I'm sad again :(

Welp, I'm putting all my hopes in the Blood-C film. It's going to be awesome, BELIEVE!

Ultimadrago

Still pretty good for a short film. and ignoring Blood+ and Blood-C, think of the potential of this if it had been meaningfully fleshed out and explored!

now back to reality where Blood+ and Blood-C do exist, I'm sad again :(

Welp, I'm putting all my hopes in the Blood-C film. It's going to be awesome, BELIEVE!

F1SLL.png

"Believe in me, frostbyte!"

cajunator

Banned
Yeah it has a very interesting looking setting and beautiful artwork.
It's highly likely that Ill end up buying it unless its completely awful.

sonicmj1

Space Bros 3

This is a really good show. I don't have any insight worth bringing beyond that.

Sankarea 2

2vB3O.png

Notice how she doesn't pet the cat? I thought that was a great character-building moment.
If anything, this episode may have been better than the previous one. It wasn't quite as visually striking, but the tone is more consistent throughout, and there are some really clever directing touches.

J1mrX.jpg

The transition from the back of Rea's house to Furuya's home is anchored by the continuity of the flower image.

Perhaps I'm just setting myself up for disappointment, but maybe this show can actually stay strong the whole way through! I'm very happy with it so far.

m8oxx.jpg

The move from outside into Furuya's house would be incoherent if it weren't for the sound effect of the door closing.

I'm not familiar with current audio tech. what is audacity?

Audacity is free audio-editing software. It's great for these sorts of things.

I've been involved in some amateur community-type podcasting, and we'd just use Callburner (which has a free trial version) to record the entire Skype conversation. You could probably do the same thing with Audacity if you wanted. Definitely lower-quality than recording each input individually, but it's less work once it's all said and done.

Provided the conversation was sufficiently focused, I'd give it a listen.

frostbyte

F1SLL.png

"Believe in me, frostbyte!"

I want to believe Saya will protect us all ;_;

------------------------------

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 2

This show is such a guilty pleasure. Not as good as the first episode but still good for a few laughs.

Didn't quite like the fight scenes, even if they were short as. It just reveals XEBEC's deficiencies and do they show or what.

and my yuri goggles are getting really fogged up. I'm seeing it everywhere now!

Dat ahoge continues to impress me to no bounds.

Saki Achiga-hen 2

Like the OP. Not amazing but fun song in general.
Did I see the old Saki cast there? I'm guessing we won't really see them in action though.

OK episode. I can't wait till the real meaty mahjong slamming action.

ED was acceptable. I'd like something like this again though.

/XX/

Everyone is being far too polite around here lately. Personally, I blame folks like /XX/.
The only way to go on this ambiguous Internet times... RespectfulGAF, assemble!

And I personally don't post enough to make any kind of influence here.

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot of Typemoon stuff left for Ufotable to adapt unless they go the remake route or do Mahou Tsukai no Yoru.
What about Mr. Nasu's DDD? There were two volumes more planned for a long time now (as usual), so the opportunity of announcing a parallel adaptation as a future promotion is always there...

I did finally manage to tackle something in my backlog, FLCL. Still have no clue what fooly cooly is but it was so funny the way they kept saying and using it in each episode. The dad like character, Takkun, and Haru were the best as well as eyebrows dude.

Ep 5 was probably my favorite, the animation style seemed like it paid homage to TTGL and had so much intense action. The manga esque style animation in ep 1 was amazing, most memorable part.

Mindblown everytime something grew out of Takkuns head and the red mech was the best.

Oh minor thing on the blu rays, kind of wish they did have it with the black bars on the side and made it the whole screen, :( funimation.

cajunator

Banned
Saki Achiga-hen 2

Like the OP. Not amazing but fun song in general.
Did I see the old Saki cast there? I'm guessing we won't really see them in action though.

OK episode. I can't wait till the real meaty mahjong slamming action.

ED was acceptable. I'd like something like this again though.

This show looks adorable.
I think someone said it had yuri too? My goggles are definitely active lately.

duckroll

http://ub-x.txt-nifty.com/

The composer of Code Geass Akito the Exiled blogged last month that Akito will be a 4 part OVA, 50 minutes each. The first theatrical screening event will take place this Summer, and they'll do new screenings every 3 months or so. The OST will be out this Fall.

Defuser

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san ep 2
Weaker than ep 2. The action for this show is definitely the weakest link,hopefully more comedy and more kana asumi's crazy talking.

I did finally manage to tackle something in my backlog, FLCL. Still have no clue what fooly cooly is but it was so funny the way they kept saying and using it in each episode. The dad like character, Takkun, and Haru were the best as well as eyebrows dude.

Ep 5 was probably my favorite, the animation style seemed like it paid homage to TTGL and had so much intense action. The manga esque style animation in ep 1 was amazing, most memorable part.

Mindblown everytime something grew out of Takkuns head and the red mech was the best.

Oh minor thing on the blu rays, kind of wish they did have it with the black bars on the side and made it the whole screen, :( funimation.

You have your own shtick. Don't steal Hix's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom