• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegatoB

I want to hear duckroll hype...in real life.

"ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FURRY WOLF CHILDREN, MOTHAFUCKAAAAAS?!"

Yeah, that'd do me swell.
You have not experienced duckHype™ in its truest form until you have experienced it over voice chat while being torn apart by zombies.

It's all good until people start pronouncing your company's name as "Jap Anime Games."

Naruto SD 3
tumblr_m2mexmmygt1qg6p44o1_500.png

"its another gift the gods bestowed upon him"
Kind of a pretty dumb episode overall, but I still laughed at the lee and naruto training skit. I think well still hold the belief that whenever its with Naruto its funny otherwise it can be kind of a drag. However neji was funny this time in that same skit.

Jarmel

Banned
Call me crazy, but I imagine Fate/Zero would do well even if it wasn't as good as it happens to be.

It would indeed do well based off of FS/N sales but I doubt it would be as popular.

Yes, KnK's individual DVDs sold 60-70k each. More than Fate/Zero.

KnK is much cheaper though individually compared to the monster that is the F/Z BD boxset. So that might explain the sales difference.

It seems they're already one step ahead of us: http://www.girlswork-animation.com/

Didn't we just discuss this last week? I thought we dismissed this as some minor project.

Crap, I knew I should looked up the guy's credentials. Still, the other two are better known than him :p

Not really.

Defuser

Zetman ep 3
TMS is really cutting out alot of the stuff even for a anime watcher like me can tell. But still able to get the point across although some scenes are abrupt.

Westlo

Didn't we just discuss this last week? I thought we dismissed this as some minor project

Uh... why? Because it's an anime original and not based on an existing VN? Does it really mean that much? After all the Angel Beats anime was a far higher seller than any of the KyoAni/KEY VN adaptions.. just saying...

Anyway I hope the next UFOTABLE/TYPEMOON project after Girls Work is based on the Tsukihime remake or whatever it is, any word on that actually getting released or being worked on?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ano Natsu de Matteru 10
MORE CLACKING. And wow, Mio was sooooo coool. I really love this cast.
Dat clack. It's really the best sound design in anime in the last decade! lol

The league of stuff not being bought?

http://i.imgur.com/fUXhJ.jpg
Damn son, that's cold.

I want to hear duckroll hype...in real life.

"ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FURRY WOLF CHILDREN, MOTHAFUCKAAAAAS?!"

Yeah, that'd do me swell.

I would also listen for this.
In joke: I think you mean "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FURRY WOLF CHILDREN, MOTHAFUCKAAAAAS LA?!"

Well, when they have good guests on, I completely agree. Even then, the host hardly draws the most interesting responses out of his guest. It's kind of scary to consider how good the show could be if it had an interesting, provocative (and not in the 'fishing for controversy' way) host.
It's like Colbert, but not a parody.
"Moe. Does it suck or does it REALLY suck?"

Man, so many Strawberry Panic bros now. :p
Fuckers, watch MariMite already. :(

Lain

Mardock Scramble - The First Compression

Received the BD today and watched it. The movie was really beautiful visually, though it felt a bit disjointed in the way it linked various scenes, but that might be because I've been reading the manga (I'll have to get over page 10 of the book some day), which has various diferences.
For example the process, which isn't in the manga (yet). This part kinda pissed me off because of the lawyer's questions.
The downside to this movie is where it ends and the fact the dub felt bad enough I had to switch to JP VA+subs.

Anyway I hope the next UFOTABLE/TYPEMOON project after Girls Work is based on the Tsukihime remake or whatever it is, any word on that actually getting released or being worked on?

It took TypeMoon like 5 years to make a 12 hour VN with one route and no voice acting, the Tsukihime remake is essentially vaporware. They'll probably create some enhanced edition of Mahou Tsukai next.

Westlo

It took TypeMoon like 5 years to make a 12 hour VN with one route and no voice acting, the Tsukihime remake is essentially vaporware. They'll probably create some enhanced edition of Mahou Tsukai next.

Vaporware ftl :( Oh well just get Ufotable to do a proper Tsukihime anime instead of waiting a lifetime lol, not like a Sachin route would've been covered much anyway lol

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
With all this Type-Moon talk, I feel like I should let steam off here. A friend is making me watch Fate/stay night and oh my fucking God at Emiya. The guy's such a freaking insufferable brainless idiot.

Ten out of ten dangerous situations in the series arise because of the simple fact that he is devoid of the ability to think logically. So. Annoying.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lol! Started the third season (OVA) this morning. One of my classes was cancelled today so I'll be back at my place earlier than expected. At the very least the OVAs will be done by today.
Keep in mind that the OVAs are twice the length of a normal episode!

Jarmel

Banned

Are you serious? Wow. Eroges seem more indepth than that. I mean they may be shorter but atleast they got VAs.

Vaporware ftl :( Oh well just get Ufotable to do a proper Tsukihime anime instead of waiting a lifetime lol, not like a Sachin route would've been covered much anyway lol

I wouldn't be all that excited to see Arcuid's route made into an anime anyway. It's the far side stuff that's more interesting in Tsukihime, and that wouldn't translate well to a show even if they wanted to adapt it.

Are you serious? Wow. Eroges seem more indepth than that. I mean they may be shorter but atleast they got VAs.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Mahou Tsukai isn't an eroge, but it's very short for a TypeMoon VN, and the lack of voice acting is some TypeMoon quirk, most of their VNs aren't voiced.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Mahou Tsukai isn't an eroge, but it's very short for a TypeMoon VN, and the lack of voice acting is a TypeMoon thing, only the PS2 version of FSN is voiced.

Yes it's not an eroge however for the budget this should have had, it seems completely underwhelming. No routes is straight up disappointing.

cajunator

Banned
With all this Type-Moon talk, I feel like I should let steam off here. A friend is making me watch Fate/stay night and oh my fucking God at Emiya. The guy's such a freaking insufferable brainless idiot.

Ten out of ten dangerous situations in the series arise because of the simple fact that he is devoid of the ability to think logically. So. Annoying.

Yeah He is a fucking moron. I still ended up loving Fate stay Night but it's apparently not the popular opinion of it here.

-Minsc-

Super Deformed Naruto the 3rd

ahvK5.gif

If I wasn't a viewer of Naruto I highly doubt I'd bother watching Naruto SD. Since I do, seeing the lesser used characters get screen time makes it worth while. The humour is enough to make me snicker at times so I'll stick with it.

jman2050

This is why no one likes the Fate route. Well that, and Saber sucks.

Yes it's not an eroge however for the budget this should have had, it seems completely underwhelming. No routes is straight up disappointing.
Who knows what's wrong with them. This is the first VN they've released since hollow ataraxia came out in 2005. This is why I have no confidence in a Tsukihime remake seeing the light of day any time soon.

cajunator

Banned
Saber is awesome.
Maybe in the VN she sucks or something.
Not in the anime.
She's cute, She's powerful, and she makes a GREAT figurine.

These are really just poor excuses to cover up the fact that four years of the development time was spent up on Nasu playing Demons Souls all day. That and working on the engine.

Kagami

Dat clack. It's really the best sound design in anime in the last decade! lol
I was also impressed last season with the subtle sound of breast flesh quietly slapping against their owners' chests in Highschool DxD. Can't remember ever hearing that done before.

cajunator

Banned
I was also impressed last season with the subtle sound of breast flesh quietly slapping against their owners' chests in Highschool DxD. Can't remember ever hearing that done before.

This is truly impressive attention to detail. I bow down to those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom