• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I've never gotten into the "catalog all the anime I watch" thing either. Not my style. Once I've watched something, it's good to just let the emotions from watching it sink in, not immediately run to mark a checkbox on a list.
Whoever said anything about immediately? I just casually keep track of the shows I've finished, and then update when the whim hits me.

I mainly do it because it makes things less taxing on my memory.

Defuser

Majestic Prince ep 9

8HqDSKr.png

Jebus Tamaki, go and get a breast reduction.

Look like we got a love chain!! Poor Kei. Nice info at the end regarding the mechs.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
djuzDYA.jpg

When AnimeGAF interacts with the outside anime fandom.

someone was actually offended that Dresden complained about the shitty quote generator on Hummingbird :lol

djuzDYA.jpg

When AnimeGAF interacts with the outside anime fandom.

someone was actually offended that Dresden complained about the shitty quote generator on Hummingbird :lol

That's exactly what I did when looking at aggragated scores. Secretly called them shit eaters behind their backs. *grumbles at Precure scores*

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Code Geass R2 19

SERIOUSLY NINA YOU
BUILT A NUCLEAR WEAPON, ARMED IT ON A UNIT IN A GUN FOR A FIGHT YOU KNEW WOULD BE TAKING PLACE IN A CITY YOU HAD LIVED, POPULATED WITH YOUR RACE, AND THEN YOU FUCKING ORDERED SUZAKU TO FIRE IT AT LEAST TWICE.
WHAT DID YOU EVEN FUCKING THINK WOULD HAPPEN YOU ADDLEPATED EYESORE?

Oh hey guys Lelouch is abandoning the Revolution again! Is this the fifth time or the twenty fifth? I don't remember. It isn't like he gives a damn about it. And in spite of the act, I remain unconvinced he
cared about Nunally. Like, ever. I maintain her only value to him was as someone to soothe his guilty conscience.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND YOU INSIPID LITTLE ^&*()(*(&*^T^%!!!? YOU CONDUCTED A GODDAMN TEST IN WHICH YOU SAW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO BACK OUT OF THIS!

I swear, Lelouch can win. Do you hear me? Lelouch can WIN THIS WHOLE THING, and I won't care
that's a lie I will care and it will be bullshit
, just so long as I get to see Nina die. And it had better be a hilariously violent death at that. Like Denethor falling, flaming from the highest place in Gondor. That's what I want for her.

Does Rakshada even KNOW how to stand? I can't remember the last time I even saw her do that. "Kallen! Thank goodness you're back!" Yeah, no thanks to YOU lazy losers. What happened to "I promise I will save you!"?

Really, Sneasel? I'm supposed to believe that Lelouch was the man you loved and feared more than any other? Even though he was like, 11 the last time you saw him? And he paraded around in a dorky cape and got his ass handed to him by the King?

God, even Lelouch's ENEMIES exist to jack him off at this point. It really is Flit Asuno all over again.

OGIE IN DA HOUSE!!! Oh man, it is SO nice to see
Lelouch's entire team of defenders crumble because of what he did to Euphemia.
It really, really is. That said, that Lelouch's team leaders would so willingly discuss this IN FRONT of the enemy and so quickly bargain with them is just stupid. Almost as stupid as Sneasel's point: "What if his miracles were just a trick?" Proceeds to explain how Zero has a miraculous power. Ta-daaaa! Oh well, can't expect anything in this show to be well thought out anyway.

OH GODDAMMIT #ROLO, REALLY? Wait, what?
Since when does Geass effect the heart? Is that a thing? I feel like maaaaaybe the King of Quaker Oats brought this up, but I don't know.
Anybody else notice how #ROLO has been abusing his Geass power and it still hasn't misfired? Oh yeah because that's not a thing.

Ugh, if they go the
Suzaku is insane
route, I'm out.

They
brought up the heart thing a few small times, like when they're wrecking dudes in the underground temple/research place. They call Rolo a failure/broken because of it.

Don't worry, as soon as you remember that they made a sequel to Eureka Seven you'll remember to never trust anyone ever again.

a sequel, a self-ripoff clone, and an alternate history movie

BluWacky

Your tastes are unusually focused with criteria that do not match what most people use to evaluate if something is good so conventional prediction models would prove ineffective.

The top line of recommendations on Hummingbird for me is:

- a five minute claymation show devoted to teaching Korean
- the 12 minute Lupin III pilot film from 1969 (I hate Lupin!)
- Isao Takahata's Chie the Brat film which I didn't even know existed
- that weird-ass Kowarekake no Orgel doujin short
- the Yakumo Tatsu OVA - one of those shoujo OVAs that condense 19 volumes of manga into 60 minutes
- the original Dororon Enma-kun series from the 70s, not the Meeramera remake

God knows what generated those recommendations...

BluWacky

I'm sorry, BluWacky,

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You know, I never finished AnoHana. Maybe now's the time!

With that said, this makes perfect business sense for noitaminA, what with the film coming out in August and everything.

Kill-La-Kill and Space Dandy for October!!!!!!

I have a feeling that Kill-la-Kill will underperform in the casual bloc in spite of the Gurren-Lagann associations simply by virtue of people being repulsed by the fact that it stars a schoolgirl in revealing clothing. You know, because that makes it a moe kawaii show for pedophiles.

Yoko?

Theonik

The top line of recommendations on Hummingbird for me is:

- a five minute claymation show devoted to teaching Korean
- the 12 minute Lupin III pilot film from 1969 (I hate Lupin!)
- Isao Takahata's Chie the Brat film which I didn't even know existed
- that weird-ass Kowarekake no Orgel doujin short
- the Yakumo Tatsu OVA - one of those shoujo OVAs that condense 19 volumes of manga into 60 minutes
- the original Dororon Enma-kun series from the 70s, not the Meeramera remake

God knows what generated those recommendations...
Better than mine!

CorvoSol

It's not like she would know that building a
weapon of mass destruction would cause so much mass destruction!
She never knew the true meaning of it! Lol.

These things, they take time.

Well, he did mention in episode 12 that it's hard doing it over a large area.

You're almost there. Whatever pleasure you have experienced in this episode will soon be thrown to the wind and replaced with erupting volcanoes of pure rage.

Nina is the worst. Just THE WORST. I mean really, the WORST.

Majestic Prince ep 9

8HqDSKr.png

Jebus Tamaki, go and get a breast reduction.

Look like we got a love chain!! Poor Kei. Nice info at the end regarding the mechs.

Without her oversized bosom and bottom, there is quite literally less than nothing to Tamaki's character, though. A black hole could play her part.

They
brought up the heart thing a few small times, like when they're wrecking dudes in the underground temple/research place. They call Rolo a failure/broken because of it.

That makes sense. But did you notice how #ROLO's Geass never misfired? DID YOU? Because I did. Because misfiring Geass isn't a thing.

Gatchaman looks totally noitaminA anyway

Fortunately noitaminA isn't the only source of late-night anime not narrowly otaku targeted, as there's still NTV and random other stuff like Aku no Hana, but losing it as a place of encouragement for the creation of anime outside the norm is still unfortunate.

btw Nichigo still airing yamato for next season?

Yes, Yamato 2199 is 26 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom