• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Agree. Somehow the more times I watch shows like the above, the more perfect they appear!

But if one mentions Haibane Renmei, one should also not omit Niea_7. Similar in pacing, it must have helped Y.Abe a lot in perfecting the formula for Haibane. Eg I felt that
Niea shared a lot of similarities with Kuu and her disappearance

I decided to re-watch Texhnolyze and Lain again as well. Going from DVD to Blueray for Lain makes the series even more haunting!

You have excellent taste sir. Neia_7 is great chill slice of life comedy.

I've never seen anything of Lupin, but I noticed Fujiko Mine is on Funi. Is it good?

Its alright. Very stylish, but ultimately its nothing on Lupin.

Every lesbian I know who's seen MariaHolic hates it, can't say that about Mikagura.

I wonder what they think about Sakura Trick and Lesbian Bear Storm?

Midonin

Maoyuu 07-12

Voice acting usually seems to be praised as good when it's a speech that's tearing a character down or something "manly", which makes me wonder how Haruka Tomatsu's performance in episode 9 was received. I found it very similar to Maria's speech in episode 9 of her show, and for similar reasons. Something that tears down to build anew, to inspire, to hope, to say that we, as humans, can do better. The scene beforehand with her in shackles and in disguise was tough to watch, but worth it for that amazing speech. Good job, Tomatsu. Bravo, bravo.

Naruhisa Arakawa has a pretty impressive resume. Aside from Gokaiger and Twintails, it looks like he was the major scriptwriting/adaptation guy behind S&W and Maoyuu. Though I think I prefer Maoyuu slightly more, even if the previously mentioned lack of proper names is still a bugbear. Seeing a world go from war-torn to still war-torn but making improvements towards peace, a 12-episode agricultural bordering on industrial revolution, was interesting to watch. Makes me wonder if, perhaps, Yuushibu is the even further future of this world.

It was an enjoyable watch, more than I had been expecting.

Next in the infinite backlog, to go with the yuri discussion on this page, is Ga-Rei Zero. I said I wanted to watch it back when Tokyo ESP was airing, and that was last summer. Lots of stuff before then. First time for everything.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
There is no anime studio on Earth capable of adapting Hiramoto's level of shading and paneling.
None, nada.

Please stop spouting the truth...

iFPp8PaYjQiUb.gif

These gifs, my friends keep on pressuring me to watch Euphonium.

Cornbread78

Angel Beats ep. 1-2:
This is another shorter series that has been sitting in my queue for awhile, so it's time to clear it out. The music is good, and the action is pretty damn good, character designs are good, characters themselves are pretty good thus far. I wonder where they take this one in 12 episodes, but it's definately an interesting premise to the story....

cajunator

Banned
Angel Beats ep. 1-2:
This is another shorter series that has been sitting in my queue for ashile, so it's time to slear it out. The music is good, and the action is pretty damn good, character designs are good, characters themselves are pretty good thus far. I wonder where they take this one in 12 episodes, but it's definately an interesting premise to the story....

rocket desks. Bad photoshop backgrounds. Still fun to watch.

javac

Oh boy. There's a couple of good looking episodes, but the visuals decline really quickly. If that's your motivation, I fear you'll be disappointed.

That's disappointing, it looks like the most visually appealing show in the last...5 years? Maybe more. Everything else looks like trash in comparison to what I had seen thus far, art style just looks phenomenal. Maybe I've just been overstating it, but I genuinely thought that the show looks amazing.

The art director worked on things like Lucky Star and K-ON...wut.

Midonin

Mikagura School Suite 06

A level 2 ability that adds some ability to melee combat makes sense. Eruna's charisma is amazing. I keep forgetting that I've been wanting to mention the connection between this show and Punchline both having cat mascots, but there's not a whole lot to them beyond that. Even when she loses, it feels like she's a winner.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Hibike! Euphonium 6

LPklOPx.gif

lnxhtW1.gif

Great episode. Lots of funny jokes and some inspirational stuff too. I liked the Midori name gags and Tuba kun bits a lot. I also enjoyed watching Hazuki as she got back her balance trying to carry Tubacabra then making that "whew" sound. KYO ANI SO GOOD UGH. I'm starting to really like this trio.

Lets go Hazuki x Kumikos guy friend

HNNNNNGGG

Angel Beats ep. 1-2:
This is another shorter series that has been sitting in my queue for awhile, so it's time to slear it out. The music is good, and the action is pretty damn good, character designs are good, characters themselves are pretty good thus far. I wonder where they take this one in 12 episodes, but it's definately an interesting premise to the story....

Angel Beats! is great. Enjoy!

e_i

Huh, I didn't know that Yui Hara (mangaka of Kiniro Mosaic) is getting another manga of her's (Wakaba*Girl) made into an anime...this summer! Nice.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Episode 6:

Ah, I can see that some of the tenders of the garden might not like the fact that Eruna has a lot of interactions with the male supporting cast but they should just relax as I don't think she is going to have a sudden change in proclivities any time soon. My problem is I find Kyōma a lot less interesting then this series thinks I should find him. It nice he is getting some character development beyond the angsty artist that likes milk for some reason. Going back to my Maria Holic review, something I forgot to mention is that I also detested the fact that Kanako had to be given gimmicks as to why she was a lesbian and this is another thing I like about Eruna, she is a girl who happens to like girls, end of story. Anyway, the most important parts of this episode are Eruna showing off her weapon ability and the tournament ending with the debut of our third main character, Otome the Purple.

Clov

I've never seen anything of Lupin, but I noticed Fujiko Mine is on Funi. Is it good?

I enjoyed it. It's very flawed though, and is something of a failed experiment. Still, it has its moments.

On an entirely different note, anyone who is interested in Cinedigm's DVD release of Slam Dunk should be aware that it apparently is dub-only.

javac

G Gundam pretty much is Dragon Ball Z with Gundams.

They even go Super Sayian!

YfrXG0z.png

I have got that impression a lot, with comparisons to shows like Lagann too. Only Gundam I've seen is Wing, and that was when I was a lot younger so I never really paid too much attention to it. The characters are garbage in that show, but the designs are cool as hell, same with the OST. Dat opening, man oh man the nostalgia. Takes me back. Last thing I ever remember from that show was Heero ripping the invitation lmao. Legit shook as a kid.

javac

Holy shit I just watched that Heero scene again, after 10 years and its more weird than I remembered lmao. I have a tear in my eye.

rrvv

Clannad After Story

Overrated piece of trash. Someone please tell me why this anime is so bad (other than that corvosol post)

Also Tomoya need to be added in this picture

Less cynic opinion: I genuinely enjoy when Ushio appear. But the rest is simply too boring and bad

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Angel Beats ep. 1-2:
This is another shorter series that has been sitting in my queue for awhile, so it's time to clear it out. The music is good, and the action is pretty damn good, character designs are good, characters themselves are pretty good thus far. I wonder where they take this one in 12 episodes, but it's definately an interesting premise to the story....

You really don't love yourself Cornbread, your sanity is gonna take a toll on all of these animes you're watching.

Rocket desks huh? This should be interesting.

Its the best moment in the show, mother fucking gains for days.

MxPPzdr.jpg

I'm officially satisfied with this season.

MUST CATCH UP WITH IT NOW!

G Gundam pretty much is Dragon Ball Z with Gundams.

They even go Super Sayian!

YfrXG0z.png

How can you mention G Gundam without showing people this. Hell this is my alarm for the morning.

Clannad After Story

Overrated piece of trash. Someone please tell me why this anime is so bad (other than that corvosol post)

Also Tomoya need to be added in this picture

Less cynic opinion: I genuinely enjoy when Ushio appear. But the rest is simply too boring and bad

As someone who genuinely hated just about everything about Clannad, I think the last third of Afterstory is actually well done if considered on its own and putting the ending aside.

I dunno if someone else stepped in for the direction of those episodes but it just felt like the show suddenly moved to a completely different, way higher quality and finally managed to tug on my heartstrings with Ushio and certain scenes.

I say it has to be considered on its own because a lot of the previously established context would rather sour it. For instance
why the fuck isn't a single one of his high school friends helping Tomoya out in his misery?

For instance
why the fuck isn't a single one of his high school friends helping Tomoya out in his misery?

Well in the movie,
apparently that actually happens. The movie version of Clanand apparently has a lot of other differences than the TV series as well.

They squeeze the whole thing, first series and After Story, into a 90 minute film.

According to Wikipedia, Fuko flat out doesn't exist in the movie, Kotomi's a background character, Sunohara apparently also is less of a comedic relief character too, to note some other changes.

It was also directed by Osamu Dezaki, director of the Black Jack OVAs and its movie, along with some Lupin stuff.

Cornbread78

You really don't love yourself Cornbread, your sanity is gonna take a toll on all of these animes you're watching.
Its the best moment in the show, mother fucking gains for days.

This is fucking horrible, the tine of the whole series changes with a snap of the fingers, wtf.

The rocket sear part was hilarious though, too bad the outcome was horrible for them.

The closing music is so sad too, dammit. Also, after Clannad, Kanon, Your Lie in April, etc the last couple weeks, I got this...

Angel Beats ep. 1-2:

Such a great anime, I did my annual rewatch of it earlier this year. Its just so memorable. Otonashi Hinata

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
This is fucking horrible, the tine of the whole series changes with a snap of the fingers, wtf.

The rocket sear part was hilarious though, too bad the outcome was horrible for them.

The closing music is so sad too, dammit. Also, after Clannad, Kanon, Your Lie in April, etc the last couple weeks, I got this...

The producer of the show apparently did all the music from scratch. It was done very well, the ending made me almost cry but luckily (spoiler alert)
reincarnation is a thing so they eventually meet in another life ;_;7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom